“Effort was there...” 3 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
“Effort was there...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

It was my first time at this hotel as I like SPG points. I normally stay at the Westin that is close by when in the area. I informed the person at the front desk of this and he made every effort imaginable to make my stay great! Unfortunately upon getting to my room the key didn't work, it wasn't an issue with the key but the maintenance guy had to fix the actual lock on the door. I never received an invoice either under the door or via email following my stay.
They did upgrade me once my key didn't work as that was the only room free and ready. The hotel itself is nice but more outdated than the Westin. Staff was great!! super helpful for a route to go jogging and willingness to help.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Jim K, General Manager at Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear John Michel T,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport. I am glad to read the team took great care of you and upgraded you to the club level. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Shuttle was 40 minute wait for a 5 min ride. Arrived after all day of flying and restaurant/room service closed at 10 PM. No offer to accommodate (eg order pizza, pay for our meal elsewhere). LED's in room didn't work, so dark room with low flickering light. Never ever again!

• Stayed July 2014
Jim K, General Manager at Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Matt L,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport. I am sorry to see that we disappointed you with the restaurant hours and the shuttle transportation. I would like to make this right. Please feel free to call me at 571-643-0950. I look forward to speaking with you and hope you will give us a second chance.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Having been travelling for the best part of 24 hours my husband and I arrived tired at the Sheraton, we were greeted very kindly by a gentleman at reception and they offered to store our excess luggage. My husband had to leave to pick up our dog from the airport and when the reception found out they kindly offered us a room on the ground floor so I don't have to take him far...very thoughtful.
I came back down to reception to ask where ice could be located, I was told by same man floor 2 and 5 but wait a moment ma'am and I will fill up yr bucket from the bar for you...very kind and later when I purchased items from the shop he again could see I was tired and called over that he would just add them to my room account.

Room service quick efficient and tasty, a lovely stay it a super friendly hotel.....thanks Sheraton.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jim K, General Manager at Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear rosieandjan,

Thank you for the great review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport. I am very happy to see the team took such great care of you. I will post your comments for the whole team to read. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
Venice, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed 3 nights during our time of touring Washington DC. This is a great hotel with excellent staff in lobby, housekeeping and restaurant. The beds are awesome with great linens and pillows. Very clean and Starbucks coffee in the morning is a great perk. The pool had a lifeguard. There are several restaurants in the area but the hotel restaurant has good food at great prices. We drove into Vienna Fairfax subway stop to travel into the city for sightseeing and it was a breeze. Overall a great place for our time in this area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear dlonzo,

Thank you for the great review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport. I am glad to see that you enjoyed the cleanliness, beds, and most of all the service from the whole team. When traveling to the Dulles area we hope you choose to stay with us again.
Danvers, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Flight was canceled, had no overnight bag and had to stay at this hotel! AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!! Took care of every need and even had the shuttle driver take me to purchase clothes at Kohl's. WOW!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear RickBenty,

Thank you for the great review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport. I am very happy to read that Kurt and Nasir took great care of you during a cancelled flight and no luggage. I will review your comments with the whole team at the hotel. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I have to say, I got a very good deal on this hotel which I do appreciate as a long time SPG member. The location is not the best but not the worst either. It is a new hotel and that is nice as everything is very attractive. But that is where it stops. On checking in I probably got the one good person that works here, after that is was uncaring at best. When you are on vacation in July in Herndon VA you want a pool... Theirs does not open until 5:00 pm. The first day here, I called down to the desk to ask on what floor the pool and fitness center were located and they said both were on the first floor. Then I came down to the front desk and asked where the pool and fitness center was and they pointed me down a hallway. I went to the fitness center first to work out (very nice) and then headed for the pool. After trying to get in the locked door for five minutes I headed back to the desk where I was told that the pool is not open until 5:00 pm... hey, thanks for that....

On Vacation You would prefer to sleep in... DON'T! after 930 during the week and 1030 on weekends not only can you not get ANYTHING, you cannot even get a cup of coffee or a paper! Tried asking the maid for a coffee refill for my room as they had not gotten around to cleaning it yet and she now thinks I don't want any service in my room! When I asked at the clerk at the desk he commiserated and told me he was sorry but he was hungry too....At this point all I want is a cup of coffee!

As a new property there are many little things that can go wrong... the second day, I brought a list of items that needed to be looked at in the room. I think they fixed one... well at least now I am not stepping in a puddle of water in the bathroom in the middle of the night. Okay.

It is a nice, clean hotel as long as you don't want any amenities. Unless you are on the club lounge floor you do not have internet access unless you pay for it. On the club floor you have snacks available for a few hours Mon-Thurs and breakfast. The breakfast has been terrible but at least it I there until 9:00 ad you can get coffee... Afterwards.. COFFEE IS REMOVED...there is supposed to be free beer and wine for one hour Mon-Thurs either at five or six pm but I am not sure about that as I have never been here for that. If you are using this for a business hotel I imagine you would be much happier than I.

Room Tip: I am in 606 (the Club Lounge floor) and it has a constant machine noise. Maybe it is the floor whe...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Cas110856,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport. I am sorry to see that you were disappointed with your stay with us. I would like to make this right. I would like to speak with you personally. Please feel free to contact me at 571-643-0950. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for staying with us.
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

StYed here with my wife, for a few days. This hotel rocks. Super friendly staff, great breakfasts, and the front desk guys are just awesome. Kurt Louise said "yes sure" to everything we asked for.
We will definitely stay again. Yhe best hotel in herndon Dulles.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Shahraam S,

Thank you for the great review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport. I am very happy to read that Kurt and team took such great care of you and your family. I will share your review with the whole team. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Been to Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!