“Great hotel for DC trip” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Venice, Florida
“Great hotel for DC trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed 3 nights during our time of touring Washington DC. This is a great hotel with excellent staff in lobby, housekeeping and restaurant. The beds are awesome with great linens and pillows. Very clean and Starbucks coffee in the morning is a great perk. The pool had a lifeguard. There are several restaurants in the area but the hotel restaurant has good food at great prices. We drove into Vienna Fairfax subway stop to travel into the city for sightseeing and it was a breeze. Overall a great place for our time in this area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jim K, General Manager at Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear dlonzo,

Thank you for the great review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport. I am glad to see that you enjoyed the cleanliness, beds, and most of all the service from the whole team. When traveling to the Dulles area we hope you choose to stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Danvers, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Flight was canceled, had no overnight bag and had to stay at this hotel! AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!! Took care of every need and even had the shuttle driver take me to purchase clothes at Kohl's. WOW!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear RickBenty,

Thank you for the great review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport. I am very happy to read that Kurt and Nasir took great care of you during a cancelled flight and no luggage. I will review your comments with the whole team at the hotel. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I have to say, I got a very good deal on this hotel which I do appreciate as a long time SPG member. The location is not the best but not the worst either. It is a new hotel and that is nice as everything is very attractive. But that is where it stops. On checking in I probably got the one good person that works here, after that is was uncaring at best. When you are on vacation in July in Herndon VA you want a pool... Theirs does not open until 5:00 pm. The first day here, I called down to the desk to ask on what floor the pool and fitness center were located and they said both were on the first floor. Then I came down to the front desk and asked where the pool and fitness center was and they pointed me down a hallway. I went to the fitness center first to work out (very nice) and then headed for the pool. After trying to get in the locked door for five minutes I headed back to the desk where I was told that the pool is not open until 5:00 pm... hey, thanks for that....

On Vacation You would prefer to sleep in... DON'T! after 930 during the week and 1030 on weekends not only can you not get ANYTHING, you cannot even get a cup of coffee or a paper! Tried asking the maid for a coffee refill for my room as they had not gotten around to cleaning it yet and she now thinks I don't want any service in my room! When I asked at the clerk at the desk he commiserated and told me he was sorry but he was hungry too....At this point all I want is a cup of coffee!

As a new property there are many little things that can go wrong... the second day, I brought a list of items that needed to be looked at in the room. I think they fixed one... well at least now I am not stepping in a puddle of water in the bathroom in the middle of the night. Okay.

It is a nice, clean hotel as long as you don't want any amenities. Unless you are on the club lounge floor you do not have internet access unless you pay for it. On the club floor you have snacks available for a few hours Mon-Thurs and breakfast. The breakfast has been terrible but at least it I there until 9:00 ad you can get coffee... Afterwards.. COFFEE IS REMOVED...there is supposed to be free beer and wine for one hour Mon-Thurs either at five or six pm but I am not sure about that as I have never been here for that. If you are using this for a business hotel I imagine you would be much happier than I.

Room Tip: I am in 606 (the Club Lounge floor) and it has a constant machine noise. Maybe it is the floor whe...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Cas110856,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport. I am sorry to see that you were disappointed with your stay with us. I would like to make this right. I would like to speak with you personally. Please feel free to contact me at 571-643-0950. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for staying with us.
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

StYed here with my wife, for a few days. This hotel rocks. Super friendly staff, great breakfasts, and the front desk guys are just awesome. Kurt Louise said "yes sure" to everything we asked for.
We will definitely stay again. Yhe best hotel in herndon Dulles.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Shahraam S,

Thank you for the great review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport. I am very happy to read that Kurt and team took such great care of you and your family. I will share your review with the whole team. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This was a last minute booking on Priceline for an UNBELIEVABLE $55 per night!! We stayed for 2 nights. Not sure why so cheap? Great free shuttle to Dulles Airport every half hour. 10 minutes away! Rooms lived up to Sheraton standards. Too good to be true, but it was!

• Stayed June 2014
Jim K, General Manager at Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear travel_myx,

Thank you for the great review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport. I am glad to read you enjoyed the complimentary shuttle and the rooms. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
Newport News, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Came in from out of town for a 4 night stay with my fiance who was in Herndon for business, it was a last minute decision for me to come along. I am disabled and required an wheelchair accessible room and was afraid they would not be able to accommodate me on such late notice. We arrived on a Sunday afternoon (am hour or so before check in time) and was greeted by Kurt a front desk employee, who right away gave off a great vibe, he was friendly and answered my 50 questions that I usually have and didn't make me feel rushed either which I appreciated. We were then put in an accessible room but it did not have a shower chair (which was requested), they let us know that we were only staying there for an hour so while the other room was cleaned.. Kurt kept us updated with what was going on every time i saw him (I'm a smoker and went to smoke outside). It did take them about 2hrs total but it wasn't a big deal. When I first came in I also requested a refrigerator which wasn't in the room yet so I called downstairs and good ol' Kurt said it would be right up, I found it interesting that I open the door and its Kurt himself delivering it lol. We were all checked in and nice and comfy.

Room was nice and clean, bathroom was very clean as well. No complaints there. Beds are comfortable, There was a huge desk in front of the window for all those on business, nice work area. AC worked very well. TV was nice (although the channel selection wasn't great) The room itself was open and very spacious, which was good especially for my motorized wheelchair. The walkin shower with sitting bench was comfortable and I had no issues when using it. Internet access was stable and speedy in both the room and lobby. There is a nice station of computers and a printer to use in the lobby as well. There is a sitting area with couches that looks cozy too. They have an open snack and misc store kind of thing in the lobby which was convenient especially for insomniacs like myself that craves sweets sometimes at 2am.

Had dinner in the hotel restaurant that night, what I ordered was decent. But they do have a nice selection of "fine dining" options. Continental Breakfast was average, usual items. What was a perk for me was they provide Starbucks coffee which for a coffee lover like me was good stuff.

On the day of our checking out, because my fiancee had to work til 5pm and check out was at noon. I was afraid id have to sit in the lobby for 5 hours :\ but then I was then referred to the front desk manager Jamal, he was a pleasure to speak to and was able to accommodate me until my fiancee was done with work.

That same afternoon I wanted to have lunch so I went downstairs and had forgotten the kitchen was closed for a certain time. That's when I met Jeff who mentioned that tf id like I can order something from the Hyatt down the street and have someone bring it over, it all seemed too troublesome but Jeff insisted and placed an order for me, he then ran over himself to swipe my card (with my permission of course). When all is said and done I find out that Jeff is the General Manager of the hotel, it was very kind of him to take the time to do that for me.

When my time came to leave, I spoke to another person at the front desk to ask for names of people that had helped accommodate me during my stay, at that moment Mr Jamal (front desk manager) came over and I explained that I like to review places I go to and how this hotel has made my stay very comfortable. He thanked me and said very humbly that "it is our duty". This review is long and detailed but I appreciate people that go above and beyond in their job where no task is too big or small, where all that matters is making the guest feel as comfortable as possible.

Ty to all the staff at the Sheraton Herdon Dulles, it was a pleasure to meet you all.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear JealousyZ2,

Thank you for the fantastic review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport. I am very happy the team here at the Sheraton was able to provide you with great service. I will share your comments with the whole staff. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I stayed at this hotel while attending a conference in Reston. I originally booked it for the price and the Sheraton name (I am a member of SPG). Check-in was quick, parking was free, and I was placed on the club floor, which was a nice touch. The club floor offered an evening reception and breakfast in the morning. My room was nice and had all the necessary amenities such as wireless/wired internet and a comfortable bed. However, that was where the problems began. It started with no menu in my room - that was rectified quickly by the front desk and the food was reasonably priced despite an automatic 18% gratuity and $3 delivery charge. Then I found out that the pool was closed but you could walk next door and use the pool at the adjoining hotel. However, I discovered this hotel did not have a hot tub, one of the things I primarily look for when booking hotels in order to relax after traveling or being in conference all day. When I asked at the front desk, they were unable to give me an estimate of when the repairs would be done. I thought I would give them a couple of days since these things are usually fixed by the weekend. The next evening after coming back from the conference, I found my keycard didn't work. I ended up having to wait in line at the front desk for 20 minutes since there was only one person working. Again, the pool was closed. The next evening my keycard didn't work again, and again I had another 20 minute wait at the desk despite 2 people working. On both nights, there were other people in the like at the desk whose keycards failed to work as well. When I asked about the pool, I was told it would be open the next day. The next day I called from the conference to see it they had indeed opened the pool and was disappointed to find out that again it was still closed with no timeline of when it would reopen. At this point I was getting fed up and decided to change hotels. To their credit there was no early leaving fee (which often happens) and they did give me an extra 1000 club points as a consolation for the pool issue. I would just wish that hotels would notify their guests when things such as this happen before you arrive. I check hotels for specific amenities such as a hot tub when booking. The price was okay at ~$106/night, but for the problems I encountered and having to move hotels in order to get the amenities I wanted I'm not sure if I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I would advise calling the hotel prior to arrival to inquire about the pool if that is something you...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear PsychRN12,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport. Please accept my apologies for the swimming pool not being in operation. I would like to make this right. Please call me at 571-643-0950 to speak personally regarding your stay with us. I do not want to lose you as a customer and would like an opportunity to make up for your disappointment. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Been to Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!