“Very Close to Dulles Airport” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Los Angeles, CA
“Very Close to Dulles Airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My family and I were breaking up a plane trip to Maine and flew into Dulles. My wife had found a good price for a one night stay (she found it on the web, the downside is that they would not take my SPG member number, as we booked with at third party site).

If you are going to use their van to get from airport to the hotel, make sure you call the hotel and find out how to do this and let them know you are there. We called and told to go to curb 2H and look for a Hyatt van. Trouble is that we did not know were curb 2H was.
From baggage claim, go to Door 6, then go down the ramp and out the door. Once outside, cross the small access road to the van pick up area. 2H will be on your right.

Here is the tricky part, there are at least three different white Hyatt vans that stop at 2H. We had to go up to three different drivers, before the right van came. You have to ask what hotel they serve. After having to wait 30-35 min, and getting into the right van, it was a short ride to the hotel. If you are in a hurry, take a cab!

We were on the 6th floor (Club Floor). As you exit the elevators, the "club" is right there. This were they have a tv, lounge chairs, drinks, etc. This is were we had a very decent breakfast in the morning. We chose to eat there as opposed to the restaurant because it was close to our room and we didn't have to drag our luggage around.

Our room was average size with a king bed. There was a nice flat screen tv, large desk, coffee maker. And they had great black out shades on the window!
The bathroom was ok, no tub ( I don't remember our room number, but it was at the end of the hall by the exit stairs (very, very quiet). The shower was good, except that the drain was running really slow, so I was standing in soap suds, etc.

We had a late dinner downstairs in the restaurant/bar area. Nothing fancy.
They have a workout room and a pool area on the first floor.
In the lobby, they have computers that you can use for free for 45 minutes. You can also print out your boarding pass here as well.

Again, it was very quiet on the 6th floor. Front desk service was good. You can get the shuttle back to the airport starting at 5:30, every half hour.

So if you need a place close to the airport, I would suggest this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stay here if you are looking for a great value at a great hotel. It is worth the drive in to save the money on the higher priced hotels in the city. You will have to fight massive rush hour traffic but if you wait to leave until after 9 AM it is not so bad. This is a newer hotel with wonderfully appointed rooms.

Room Tip: The first floor is actually rather quiet, close to the lobby and breakfast and much easier than tryi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

normally, I would give this hotel just 3-4 stars based on previous stays. However, I just stayed here yesterday/last night and because Jamal was the most courteous, professional and helpful person working in this hotel that I have ever had the pleasure to meet, it got an automatic 5 stars. Clean room, comfortable bed, hot water...pretty much everything I needed.

Due to a special circumstance that Jamal had assisted me with (and completed it courteously and extremely professionally), I will continue giving this specific hotel my business. He is an absolute gem. Thank you so very much.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hotel is very close to Dulles Airport (IAD). I believe there is a free shuttle, however, I had a car. There is plenty of parking at the hotel. Check-in was fast and easy upon arrival.

ROOM (600)

I was upgraded to the Club Level due to my Platinum status. The room was spacious and had a large desk and working area. There was a decent amount of electrical outlets, an iron and board, hair dryer, coffee maker, bed, TV, lounge chair, but no refrigerator or in-room safe. The AC worked but it took a while to cool down the room.

FOOD

The lounge had a decent breakfast. There were eggs, sausage, mini waffles, hash browns, oatmeal, cereals, fresh fruits, various breads, and sodas, water, and coffee.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night. We booked through Priceline for half the advertised rate. Good location, spacious rooms with an eye- pleasing contemporary decor, good sized clean bathroom, friendly staff. Excellent value for the money. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Baltimore, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel last week.

1. The room: basic, clean, and poorly isolated from hallway noises.

2. Check-in: We arrived around 9 PM and waited about 20 minutes, in line, to be checked in.

3. Shuttle service: I left my car at the airport under the park and stay program. The shuttle to the airport was fine. The shuttle back from the airport, a few days later, however, never turned up. The explanation was that shuttles do *not* pick up passengers at the airport from where the signs indicate. In fact, you must wait for the shuttle at the other end of the terminal, in the opposite direction of all the signs for hotel shuttles. After waiting for 35 minutes for a shuttle, I called the front desk. The clerk told me that I should be in area H, not A, and that I should have been told that shuttles wold pick up at H. I hadn't been told. I came across a lady in the same situation as I was--she hadn't been told about the special pickup area. We shared a cab (for $15) back to the hotel, where we saw the hotel's empty shuttle in the parking lot.

If you're worried about getting to and from the airport in hotel transportation, and if you want a particularly quit night's sleep, and your time matters to you, don't choose this hotel. I'd say that if you pay more than $100 to stay here, you're paying too much. Under that and the experience might be worth it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Patrick_Campbell, General Manager at Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Adam B.,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your recent stay at the Sheraton Herndon-Dulles Hotel. I am very disappointed that your stay with us was not a pleasurable experience for you. I can imagine after a day of traveling the last thing you would want to do is wait for a hotel shuttle and to check in the hotel. I am so sorry that you had to endure this with our hotel. We appreciate all feedback from our guests so that we may use it to enhance our guest experience for you and our future guests.

Please contact me personally If you are ever in our area again, I would love the opportunity to make it up to you.

Thank you again for your time.

Best Regards,

Patrick Campbell

Been to Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!