“Great stay for a great price” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #17 of 20 hotels in Herndon
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great stay for a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stay here if you are looking for a great value at a great hotel. It is worth the drive in to save the money on the higher priced hotels in the city. You will have to fight massive rush hour traffic but if you wait to leave until after 9 AM it is not so bad. This is a newer hotel with wonderfully appointed rooms.

Room Tip: The first floor is actually rather quiet, close to the lobby and breakfast and much easier than tryi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

186 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

normally, I would give this hotel just 3-4 stars based on previous stays. However, I just stayed here yesterday/last night and because Jamal was the most courteous, professional and helpful person working in this hotel that I have ever had the pleasure to meet, it got an automatic 5 stars. Clean room, comfortable bed, hot water...pretty much everything I needed.

Due to a special circumstance that Jamal had assisted me with (and completed it courteously and extremely professionally), I will continue giving this specific hotel my business. He is an absolute gem. Thank you so very much.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hotel is very close to Dulles Airport (IAD). I believe there is a free shuttle, however, I had a car. There is plenty of parking at the hotel. Check-in was fast and easy upon arrival.

ROOM (600)

I was upgraded to the Club Level due to my Platinum status. The room was spacious and had a large desk and working area. There was a decent amount of electrical outlets, an iron and board, hair dryer, coffee maker, bed, TV, lounge chair, but no refrigerator or in-room safe. The AC worked but it took a while to cool down the room.

FOOD

The lounge had a decent breakfast. There were eggs, sausage, mini waffles, hash browns, oatmeal, cereals, fresh fruits, various breads, and sodas, water, and coffee.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night. We booked through Priceline for half the advertised rate. Good location, spacious rooms with an eye- pleasing contemporary decor, good sized clean bathroom, friendly staff. Excellent value for the money. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Baltimore, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel last week.

1. The room: basic, clean, and poorly isolated from hallway noises.

2. Check-in: We arrived around 9 PM and waited about 20 minutes, in line, to be checked in.

3. Shuttle service: I left my car at the airport under the park and stay program. The shuttle to the airport was fine. The shuttle back from the airport, a few days later, however, never turned up. The explanation was that shuttles do *not* pick up passengers at the airport from where the signs indicate. In fact, you must wait for the shuttle at the other end of the terminal, in the opposite direction of all the signs for hotel shuttles. After waiting for 35 minutes for a shuttle, I called the front desk. The clerk told me that I should be in area H, not A, and that I should have been told that shuttles wold pick up at H. I hadn't been told. I came across a lady in the same situation as I was--she hadn't been told about the special pickup area. We shared a cab (for $15) back to the hotel, where we saw the hotel's empty shuttle in the parking lot.

If you're worried about getting to and from the airport in hotel transportation, and if you want a particularly quit night's sleep, and your time matters to you, don't choose this hotel. I'd say that if you pay more than $100 to stay here, you're paying too much. Under that and the experience might be worth it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Patrick_Campbell, General Manager at Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Adam B.,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your recent stay at the Sheraton Herndon-Dulles Hotel. I am very disappointed that your stay with us was not a pleasurable experience for you. I can imagine after a day of traveling the last thing you would want to do is wait for a hotel shuttle and to check in the hotel. I am so sorry that you had to endure this with our hotel. We appreciate all feedback from our guests so that we may use it to enhance our guest experience for you and our future guests.

Please contact me personally If you are ever in our area again, I would love the opportunity to make it up to you.

Thank you again for your time.

Best Regards,

Patrick Campbell
West Country
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed at this hotel last weekend. The bed in our room was like a bowl. Needless to say a terrible night's sleep. The next morning I went down to reception early (at 0830) to ask two things: Did they have availability for the following night also, and if so, at what rate and could we in that case switch rooms due to bowl-shaped bed. I was given the same rate as the previous night and told there was availability in another room. I confirmed the reservations agent/receptionist should book this for us. The agent/receptionist confirmed and said that I should come back down at 11.30am-12.00pm to be able to check into the new room.

I got down at 11.40 am. The same guy acts like he knows nothing of our conversation/his offer/my booking and proceeds to inform me that "well, all the rooms have already been booked online now and we're totally sold out"!! I responded that he could not do that, i.e. sell me a room at a certain rate, confirm it verbally and tell me to come back down to check in, and then withdraw the offer/deny it happened.

Needless to say that this really complicated things for us that day as it was not easy getting another room in the area and we ended up with a much higher price at another location in the end.

As an aside, the breakfast there was diabolical. One expects a high price for breakfast in a hotel and I accept that. However, the "food" here was sub-standard. The cheapest of the cheap products (ie. "sausage" that was pressed to look like sausage, mini hashbrowns swimming in oil, and dry scrambled eggs...no bacon......all for about $13.).

This hotel needs to get its act together unless they are not into repeat business.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Patrick_Campbell, General Manager at Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Tikkster,
Let me first say I was sorry you did not have a comfortable stay in our room
and did not enjoy the comfort of our beds. We should have made the reservation
for you for the next night and given you the confirmation number. I apologize for
not having our Breakfast Buffet up to your standards as well. I do appreciate
you taking time to let me know of the short coming during your stay. It helps us
Communicate with our associates and makes us better.
Thank you again for taking time to let us know about your stay.

Sincerely
Patrick Campbell

Been to Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!