We stayed at the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel last week.
1. The room: basic, clean, and poorly isolated from hallway noises.
2. Check-in: We arrived around 9 PM and waited about 20 minutes, in line, to be checked in.
3. Shuttle service: I left my car at the airport under the park and stay program. The shuttle to the airport was fine. The shuttle back from the airport, a few days later, however, never turned up. The explanation was that shuttles do *not* pick up passengers at the airport from where the signs indicate. In fact, you must wait for the shuttle at the other end of the terminal, in the opposite direction of all the signs for hotel shuttles. After waiting for 35 minutes for a shuttle, I called the front desk. The clerk told me that I should be in area H, not A, and that I should have been told that shuttles wold pick up at H. I hadn't been told. I came across a lady in the same situation as I was--she hadn't been told about the special pickup area. We shared a cab (for $15) back to the hotel, where we saw the hotel's empty shuttle in the parking lot.
If you're worried about getting to and from the airport in hotel transportation, and if you want a particularly quit night's sleep, and your time matters to you, don't choose this hotel. I'd say that if you pay more than $100 to stay here, you're paying too much. Under that and the experience might be worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only minutes from Dulles Airport, we offer the quality and service you expect from Sheraton. In addition to a great location, we have the perfect event space for meetings and banquets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.