“Not so great 2nd time around” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Not so great 2nd time around”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed here in February and paid for a King room that was nice - nothing special but nothing to complain about. Remembering that experience, I cashed in some of my SPG Starpoints for a free room the 2nd week of April. It was a Double room, so basically the same as before except for the bed size change.

Totally different experience. I mean, if you enjoy the smell of dog pee in your hotel room, then this would have been AWESOME! But for me, not so much. When I checked-in this time, there was a woman requesting a new room and the desk clerk was saying to her "there's a problem with the 2nd one too" and she was like "uh. yeah, it smells just as bad." So, maybe there was an epidemic of doggy urine run amuck in the hotel? Who knows! But I do know that I will not be making a 3rd return trip to this hotel.

Plus, who wants to pay $10 for internet access at this place when the Hyatt Place next door (who shares a parking lot & shuttle bus with this hotel) offers free Internet access.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Patrick_Campbell, General Manager at Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Travelling Mofo,
First, thank you very much for your feed back, as you know we do allow pets, we try to keep limited to certain areas of hotel. We also try to follow up with deep cleaning to ensure exactly what your talking about doesn't happen. I apologize for your experience and hope you will give us another chance. We have prided our selves in room’s cleanliness and will continue to work with our room attendants to maintain the high cleanliness standards our guests are expecting.

Once again thank you for your feed back
Patrick Campbell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

during the easter breaks, i reserved two rooms one night. the rooms are comfortable, clean, allowed pets... I was very happy cause i can bring my dogs...
However, when I check my credit card record, there's overcharging fee, i contacted the customer service many times(two weeks) but no response no one help me. It makes me so disappointed..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jingyi L,

Thank you very much for taking time to tell me about your experience at our hotel. Thank you for the kind words and your fondness of our property. I also was disappointed we did not get the "overcharge" or hold taken care of. If anytime in the future please contact me directly and I will be sure to follow through immediately pertaining to any charges incurred. Once again we work very hard to make sure you enjoy your stay and don’t want something like this to be the last impression.

Sincerely ,
Patrick Campbell
Salzburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed one night after arriving from a transatlantic flight. It's a nice property in a residential/business neighbourhood area. Hotel was a smaller Sheraton property but well maintained. Hotel restaurant wasa the only dining option as there is nothing nearby, but food had decent quality and the menu had a fair selection of dishes. Could not try the free breakfast as we had an early morning flight out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Easton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We recently stayed at the Sheraton Dulles in Herndon Virginia the night before a flight. We travel quite a bit and most of the time we fly out of Dulles. We have stayed at other hotels near the airport that have park and fly packages without any problems. We decided to try The Sheraton Dulles because of their very good park and fly deal. The hotel was very nice with friendly and helpful front desk staff. Our room was very nice, clean and comfortable. The only minor problem we had, but wasn’t a big deal, was the printer wasn’t working in the lobby so we weren’t able to print out our boarding tickets. The front desk offered to do it for us but at the time we could see they were busy so we decided to wait and just do it at the airport. When we returned from our trip we called the hotel and they sent the van to pick us up. I think it was the quickest we had ever been picked up by a hotel van. Don’t think we had to wait in the cold night much more than 20 minutes or so. We didn’t see the van pull up because the Sheraton name was not on the side of the van, but on the back. The driver got out and asked if anyone was waiting the Sheraton. I wish I could remember the driver’s name as he was very nice. He took us right to our car in the hotel parking lot. With the value, service and friendliness of this hotel, we will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Comfortable beds, large enough "conference" rooms to accomodate 20+ participants without feeling cramped. Small adjacent room served as area for breakfast/lunch service areas. The hotel does not serve lunch for travelers, but a full service bar and restaurant in the evening. The manager on site, Zaheed was outstanding in terms of personal service. It is an older property, which could do with a face lift, but comfortable otherwise.

Room Tip: It is a good 45 mins from Union station (~$75 cab ride one way!), but a very short cab ride from Dul...
Salzburg, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

It would have been a good Tourist hotel also but it's too far away from the attractions. Stay here all the time for business in IAD corridor. Clean and very large rooms. Food at restaurant is not bad (downside there are no restaurants in walking distance. Approximately .6 miles there are quite a few)

Good Staff and Service.

austin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I've stayed at a lot of SPG properties, so I tend to compare sheratons. This sheraton is not one of their luxury ones.
The positive things are that they had a good workout facility with new machines. I was greeted by club lounge staff.
I found out that all the king bed rooms on the club level had no bathtub. i thought that was awful. also, the housekeeping there was horrible. my shoes and clothes were still on the floor when i came back. management tried, but there was no housekeeping to fix it, and they seemed put out because of my issue.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!