“OK, but not great” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
austin
“OK, but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I've stayed at a lot of SPG properties, so I tend to compare sheratons. This sheraton is not one of their luxury ones.
The positive things are that they had a good workout facility with new machines. I was greeted by club lounge staff.
I found out that all the king bed rooms on the club level had no bathtub. i thought that was awful. also, the housekeeping there was horrible. my shoes and clothes were still on the floor when i came back. management tried, but there was no housekeeping to fix it, and they seemed put out because of my issue.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Was staying at another hotel and we went and look at this place.
Clean hotel.ok lobby.
Has great weekend rates.(aaa)
Nice exercise room and pool area.
Great rooms. High ceiling.
Will stay here in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
McKinleyville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I found this Sheraton while looking for something near Dulles. The price was unbelievable; low. I had stayed at another Sheraton last summer, but this was a different place. It was off the road, but the GPS got us there...and the next morning it was just a short trek down the road to the airport. This property was definitely better than the other one I stayed at. Lobby was clean, free self parking on location, and the rooms, they were above average. Everything was clean and nice. The sheets were a little too stiff, but I can forgive that as they were clean. I feel like I got excellent staff service, so I was extremely pleased with this property.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Northampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed overnight at the weekend before flying out. The rooms were very comfortable. The bathroom was massive,
Wifi was excellent.
The shuttle bus staff were very obliging.
The hotel is in the business area and if you wanted to eat out you would need to drive.
For us it was great value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have stayed here twice, both on business and both times for 6-7 days. While the Sheraton may not be a patch over the nearby Hyatt (which is swankier, with better/spacious rooms), but the Sheraton old-school hospitality and service scores over Hyatt anytime. I had a colleague staying at Hyatt while I stayed at Sheraton. Complimentary airport shuttles which Sheraton provides may not be new or uncommon. What was uncommon was when the front-desk staff (on their own!) offered me complimentary shuttle to a shopping mall which was a good 25 minutes away and even ensured I got picked up from the mall and dropped back to the hotel. (And my poor colleague got charged by Hyatt every time she asked for a shuttle!)
Another example was when there was an issue with their early morning airport drop shuttle and they had to hail a cab for me. They assured me that the cab was already paid for and I must not pay the driver. But when I reached the airport, the cab driver demanded 20 dollars and said that he wasn't paid by the hotel. Not having the time to argue much, I just paid the driver and while I was waiting to board the flight, made a quick call to the Sheraton front desk and informed them about the incident so that other passengers do not get inconvenienced like me. I was pleasantly surprised when I reached India only to find that 20 USD had been credited to my account by the hotel. The amount was not big, but the gesture was. No wonder I keep going back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
NLR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Sheraton Hernon Dulles Airport is one of the best hotel in Herndon,VA. It is around 3 miles away from the Dulles Airport. Complimentary Shuttle is provided to the Airport. The Basic Amenities ar
Club floor,Fitness Centre and Pool., Complimentary Break fast is for Platinum SPG & Gold.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The guestrooms are spacious, clean and bright. The decorations are tastefully selected. This hotel is located very close to Dulles airport. They offer free parking, free airport shuttle which is a convinient feature. However, there is no breakfast included, and you have to pay for internet in the rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!