“Good Comfortable Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Northampton
“Good Comfortable Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed overnight at the weekend before flying out. The rooms were very comfortable. The bathroom was massive,
Wifi was excellent.
The shuttle bus staff were very obliging.
The hotel is in the business area and if you wanted to eat out you would need to drive.
For us it was great value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have stayed here twice, both on business and both times for 6-7 days. While the Sheraton may not be a patch over the nearby Hyatt (which is swankier, with better/spacious rooms), but the Sheraton old-school hospitality and service scores over Hyatt anytime. I had a colleague staying at Hyatt while I stayed at Sheraton. Complimentary airport shuttles which Sheraton provides may not be new or uncommon. What was uncommon was when the front-desk staff (on their own!) offered me complimentary shuttle to a shopping mall which was a good 25 minutes away and even ensured I got picked up from the mall and dropped back to the hotel. (And my poor colleague got charged by Hyatt every time she asked for a shuttle!)
Another example was when there was an issue with their early morning airport drop shuttle and they had to hail a cab for me. They assured me that the cab was already paid for and I must not pay the driver. But when I reached the airport, the cab driver demanded 20 dollars and said that he wasn't paid by the hotel. Not having the time to argue much, I just paid the driver and while I was waiting to board the flight, made a quick call to the Sheraton front desk and informed them about the incident so that other passengers do not get inconvenienced like me. I was pleasantly surprised when I reached India only to find that 20 USD had been credited to my account by the hotel. The amount was not big, but the gesture was. No wonder I keep going back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
NLR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Sheraton Hernon Dulles Airport is one of the best hotel in Herndon,VA. It is around 3 miles away from the Dulles Airport. Complimentary Shuttle is provided to the Airport. The Basic Amenities ar
Club floor,Fitness Centre and Pool., Complimentary Break fast is for Platinum SPG & Gold.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The guestrooms are spacious, clean and bright. The decorations are tastefully selected. This hotel is located very close to Dulles airport. They offer free parking, free airport shuttle which is a convinient feature. However, there is no breakfast included, and you have to pay for internet in the rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
State College, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

this was a nice room and pretty cheap even at the last minute when we visited (in the winter). the room had a big desk that seemed like it would be useful for a single business traveler, but there wasn't a table for two people to sit at. We ordered room service from the restaurant downstairs and it was not much more expensive than a normal restaurant, and the food was decent. The breakfast seemed expensive so we went out somewhere else. This hotel doesn't have free continental breakfast, it costs $12 for a the buffet. My only real complaint is that the buttons on the TV remote were hard to push.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton because of an early morning flight. The check-in was friendly and helpful and the room was as expected with a comfortable king size bed. The shuttle service to the airport leaves on the half hour and was on time. My only complaint was that they charge for WIFI. I find it inexplicable that a 4 start hotel charges for something that the Super 8 gives for free. In today's environment charging for WIFI is like charging for TV. Get real Sheraton!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed here for one night before an early morning flight. Comfortable room, great beds and pillows. Only problem was fire alarm going off at 1 in the morning and we waited out in the parking lot for over an hour. Didn't get back to sleep after that as we left at 5 to go to the airport. Not the hotels fault about the alarm but I could of stayed at home and got more sleep. The hotel shuttle worked fine for us also. I liked the Sheridan at the baltimore airport more than this one.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel

Been to Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!