“Had a great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
London, United Kingdom
“Had a great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

I loved this little Sheraton! It appeared to be a very new property. Everything was clean, modern, and in good working order. I've lived overseas the past number of years and am used to small, tight hotel rooms. Maybe I don't get back to the US often enough or have a wide enough spread of hotels to compare to, but I though the Sheraton's rooms were quite large. Nice big windows. Expansive desk space. Nice touches in the bathroom. Thoughtful armours. I found the experience quiet charming -- sounds cheesey for a little mid-level place but I really enjoyed my four nights there. I was on the SPG Preferred floor, but I'm guessing most rooms are about the same. There's not much as far as eateries go out that way, but I assume if you're looking at staying here you've got a rental car to take you to the food. Otherwise, a great little place!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

Our team was blown away by the lodging at this location. Every staff member we interacted with was cordial, responsive and friendly. Every manager, restaurant employee, concierge and driver took the time to remember my name. Rich, one of the location managers, was visible and available constantly. He gave our group whatever we needed with out us even having to ask. He, along with Boris, Anthony, Gicel and the rest of the front office/dining staff made the stay feel extremely comfortable. Hospitality professionals should give business travelers a stay experience that makes them forget they are traveling, and that is exactly what these men and women did. I highly recommend this Sheraton based on the food, amenities, help and overall service our team was provided with at hours of the day.

Room Tip: Ask for Boris.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Corona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

From the moment that our group was greated at the Dulles airport our stay was wonderful! Their staff is super friendly and the hotel is perfectly located. They have a terrific workout facility and an indoor pool that we used everyday. We all really enjoyed their restaurant selections and their bar has a great variety of wine and beers. Will definitely return!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

I stayed at this hotel about 18 months ago when I had a very early morning flight out of Dulles airport and was very satisfied with the stay. Because of this, I booked a room here a few weeks ago when I was coming into Dulles on an overseas longhaul flight from Europe and had to take a domestic flight out of Dulles for a business trip the following morning.

The price had gone up since they last time I stayed there (last time I paid about $130.00, this time was almost $200.00), but I had a positive experience previously and despite the fact that this particular property has never acknowledged my Starwood status, I decided to just go for it. Unfortunately, I’m sorry I did.

I don’t think I’m super high-maintenance when it comes to an airport hotel – it doesn’t need to be luxurious. But for me to be comfortable, the room has to be decently appointed, it has to be clean, and there needs to be decent restaurant that I don’t have to drive to - if the staff are nice, it’s a plus, but not crucial. I’m not there to be pampered, just to sleep.

Unfortunately, despite the fact that the room is well-appointed for the business traveler and the beds are comfortable (Sheraton does do beds very well), the bathroom was dirty. And I mean dirty. For example, the toilet had clearly not been scrubbed, nor had the shower or the floors. I won’t go into excruciating detail but suffice to say this would have been unacceptable for a hotel of any caliber – it was ridiculous in a Sheraton. I was too exhausted to move rooms and so didn’t ask for a different room, but I won’t be coming back here. At $200 a night, they should be able to afford to properly train their cleaning staff.

If you’re not picky about clean bathrooms and don’t have high expectations of value for money, this is a decent choice. Airport hotels are not known for their value – that’s really not what they’re there for. In all other ways this is a standard Sheraton, and the staff – at least in my experience – have always been very helpful and nice. They probably would have moved me had I brought the dirty bathroom to their attention, but after being awake for almost 30 hours I was pretty delirious. There are plenty of other hotels in the Dulles area in the same price range – I’ll be staying at one of them next time.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Patrick_Campbell, General Manager at Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Dear Galileosdaughter1

Thank you for your comments regarding the cleanliness of our hotel. We have prided ourselves in our cleanliness and cleaning. We did not do it in your case and I apologize for that. Thank you for taking time to share you thoughts, there is no reason your entire room should not have up to our normal standards of cleanliness and not having to move guest after a 30 hour day. We will convey to our team and make sure this does not happen again.

Once again thank You

Patrick M. Campbell
Whittier, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

I stayed at this hotel recently on business and everything was wonderful. The service is outstanding and efficient.Very friendly helpful staff,I will definitly recommend this hotel to my colleagues. The hotel is exceptionally clean and the food was A+!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Leander
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel very recently and I must say, the management did everything they could to make me feel comfortable. I missed the buffet breakfast due to having to come into my company's home office very early. I got back to the hotel at about 11am and asked if the breakfast voucher I was given at check-in was still good for anything - breakfast had already ended and I thought I was out of luck. The front desk agent told me he would check - about a minute later the restaurant manager came out and I asked him if I could get anything with the voucher even though I missed breakfast, he said - yes and suggested a hot egg/cheese/bacon sandwich with hash browns breakfast plate and OJ. I was not only happy to get something out of the voucher - even being an hour late, I was in fact very grateful! I had a long seven hour plane trip (with two stops) to take and that meal was exactly what I needed. Thanks to the staff, you guys are pros in my book. One Happy SPG member!

Room Tip: Within minutes of IAD.
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

This is a very convenient and effiicient hotel for the business traveller using IAD.

The staff are very helpful and friendly, the dining room is good and there is a "Link by Sheraton" in the lobby so you can check emails or print boarding passes. The rooms are well decorated and have a great work desk. The fitness center has several cardio machines as well as free weights and benches. I have liked a chin up bar buts thats probably asking too much.

The hotel is new so everything looks good and works well in the room. The only suggestion for improvement would be a power strip on the desk to make it easy to plug in laptop, phone, etc.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!