“good for the money, but watch out for the shuttle” 4 of 5 stars

Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13715 Sayward Boulevard, Herndon, VA 20171   |
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
PTY
“good for the money, but watch out for the shuttle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

Good hotel, but... 1. there is no phone to call the shuttle to pick you up! 2. nobody tells you that they share an airport shuttle with the Hyatt. So you can stand there for hours, and not know the shuttle is there. And since it services 2 hotels, they are full.

On the good side, great rooms: comfortable and modern.

If you are very, very picky: my blanket had a hole, and getting hot water took a long time. But overall, it was great quality for the money.

Room Tip: I chose it in Hotel.com and got a great rate.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Amazing Staff. Very attentive to all my needs and was "Yes Ma'am I'll be glad to" always.
Razan, Boris, Henry, & Acer were amazing to me. I'll never forget you!

Oro Valley, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

This is a great airport hotel. The facility is new. The only caution is if you are using a GPS call first to obtain an alternate address, because the street they are on is brand new and won't show up on the GPS.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I was in town for twelve hours for business. I've stayed in the greater Washington D.C. area many times but this is the first time at this hotel. I flew into Dullas airport and this hotel was close to the airport. This location was picked because it was close to the airport and for the fact that I was only on the ground for twelve hours before flying out. I called the hotel for the airport shuttle to pick me up. I was told by the manager, "Alex" that it would be twenty minutes to pick me up. I thought that amount of time was a bit long since the hotel was close and it wasn't rush hour. I waited for twenty minutes and no shuttle showed up. I waited for another ten minutes and still no shuttle. I called the hotel again and talked to someone else who told me the shuttle would be at my location in ten minutes. Ten minutes came and went and still no shuttle. I called again to the hotel again and talked to Alex again. He told me that the shuttle was on it's way. I waited for another twenty minutes and the shuttle finally showed up. This was a total of fifty mintues waiting for a shuttle! The shuttle driver was nice and apologized for me having to wait so long. He said the hotel has had numerous problems with the shuttle. He said the problem was with the front desk forgetting to call him about people needing the shuttle. I gave this guy a good tip and told him not to worry about it. When I got to the hotel Alex checked me in. Alex was very scattered acting and was very young for a manager. He gave me my key to my room and then said he would give me a free dinner if I wanted it. When I got to my floor I began looking for my room. I walked the hall up and down at least five times looking for my room. I went back down to the front desk and talked to Alex. I told Alex that the room he gave me didn't exist in the hotel. He looked bewildered and then said oh I wrote down the wrong number. I couldnt believe this guy. Now I was delayed for an hour and fifteen minutes on my already short down time!!! I took Alex up on the free dinner. I went to the bar and ordered a burger. I took the order to my room and when I got to the room I found that the food order was wrong! The food was not what I ordered!! I know I should have checked the ordered before I walked away but come on how can you mess up a Buber order!! The room was nice but all the garbage that went with this stay I have to give it a big thumbs down!!!

Room Tip: Hotel has six floors if your platinum with Sheraton this is the floor you will get.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Patrick_Campbell, General Manager at Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
Dear Guest,
I reviewed your comments regarding your stay and experience with us. We do take all comments seriously and do appreciate your feed back. After reading your comments we did not treat you like time was important especially for such a short lay over here. I apologize for the inconvenience and the miscommunications pertaining to the room number and food ordered. As management team we take this very serious and will follow up with our associates. Again thank you for your comments because we are always looking for ways to improve our service.

Sincerely, Patrick Campbell General Manager
tobeor82b
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

Recently stayed at the Sheraton and was very pleased. The room was spacious, quite and clean. No safe in the room which was the only downside I could find. The Staff were fantastic. The food was very good also. Breakfast was a full breakfast with multiple choices. Hotel is close to the airport which made catching the shuttle and getting to the airport very quick.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Alexandria, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

I stayed in this hotel one night for connection flight. Rooms are very clean and inside-hotel service is excellent. Shuttles from the hotel to the airport are not as frequent as the Holiday-Inn shuttles. However, they have a great service of getting your bags to the airport -- which was really useful because I wanted to see the Air and Space museum quick before leaving and didn't want to carry my bags with me and didn't have the time to get back to the hotel. There is also another Air and Space museum in Dulles, very close to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

Rooms seem pretty new, and are nicers than most Sheratons I've seen. I was very disappointed in the shuttle service though. After calling the hotel, I stood at the stop for about an hour in the rain watching what seemed like every other hotel's shuttle go by 3+ times. Not a good first impression. I would use another hotel next time if I need pickup at the airport.

• Stayed August 2011
Patrick_Campbell, General Manager at Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 1, 2011
Dear Jackstraw,

Thank you very much for taking time to tell us about your stay. Thank you for the comments about the "Newish and Clean" aspect of your stay. I also appreciated the comments regarding your feelings about having to wait for the van. I apologize for the delay, as we try to get our guests from the airport as soon as possible. We understand you could have had a long travel day, and once again your right about first impressions. I hope you give us another chance.
Sincerely
Patrick M.Campbell

Been to Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!