“Exceptional Hotel and Service” 5 of 5 stars

Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13715 Sayward Boulevard, Herndon, VA 20171   |
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Pendleton, Oregon
“Exceptional Hotel and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

We stayed in this hotel the night before our flight out of Washington DC and couldn't have been happier with it. The room was large, comfortable, classy, quiet and perfect for our needs. Impressive staff that went out of their way to help us out. Hotel provided shuttle service to and from the airport twice for us without any hesitation. For the low price we paid at this weekend rate, we were totally surprised at the quality of this hotel. It was difficult to find...our car navigator could not locate it, so we had to get directions from another Sheraton Hotel in Herndon, whose staff also went out of their way to assist us.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

As someone traveling on business, I am extremely satisfied with this hotel. The staff and service are unparalleled. They are very professional, accommodating, and willing to share knowledge of the local area restaurants/entertainment. The beds are very comfortable and I enjoyed their continental breakfast as it includes waffles/sausage, etc. I highly recommend staying at this location.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
King City, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

Couldn't make a late afternoon flight so stayed here to catch an early morning one. Fast check-in. Departed before breakfast so can't comment on that. Good shuttle service. It leaves on the half hour from the hotel and only had a 15 minute wait from the airport. shuttle driver suggested a good pizza place nearby and it was great. Very pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Collinsville, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

I ended up staying at this hotel after missing an international flight. Needless to say I was exhausted and just wanted to hit the hay. I was very disappointed by their shuttle service I waited literally over an hour in the bitting 15 degree weather outside the airport for them to come. The location isn't the best since it's kinda far from the airport. The staff was friendly and accommodating. My room was fairly clean but the heater took a while to kick in. Overall I guess the stay was pleasant but things could be improved.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

We chose the Sheraton at Dulles as it was one of the two cheapest hotels we could find in the DC metro area, and we were on a tight budget.

From the moment of checking in, I was impressed with the staff of the hotel. They were genuinely friendly throughout our stay, and seemed to be enjoying their work. Throughout our stay, they continued to be friendly and helpful.

The quality of the room was also excellent. It was very well appointed, with everything in excellent condition and well thought-out. The in-room coffee service was a great convenience, though the Starbucks pouches make a slightly weak cup. The tv was big enough to be seen easily throughout the room. The bed was comfortable, and the bed-linens of above average quality. The room was also spacious enough for us to spread out on the floor with Indian carryout to have a makeshift banquet.

There are many restaurants of all types conveniently located just down Frying Pan Rd., on both sides of Hwy 267 (Dulles Toll Road).

We would unreservedly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

First of all I would like to thank Meenu, Mahad, Jamal and Eric for the fantastic customer service given to me. When I checked in around 1 hour before I had to be at work I found out that I had been booked at the wrong Sheraton. I needed to be at work within the hour and Meenu, Mahad and Jamal took care of everything for me and canceled my reservation at the other Sheraton in Reston and quickly accommodated me with a very comfortable room at their hotel and I was able to get to work on time. The hotel room was very comfortable and clean. Housekeeping personnel are fantastic and I was quite surprised when I needed to stay there again a few days later that the -same- housekeeper who I had met on my original visit remembered me and the room I had previously stayed in; even though I was on a different floor. I remembered her as being quite pleasant and friendly when I first met her. I find that the overall quality of the staff is excellent and I plan on making it my place of residence whenever I need to stay in that area in the future. I spoke to Eric concerning my next reservation and even though it was obvious that he was quite busy he didn't make me feel rushed in his responses to me. Once again, thank you all for such good service and I do recommend highly that anyone who is in search of a clean, safe and friendly environment for a place to stay to consider the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel. Oh, yeah, the Sweet Sleeper Beds are excellent.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

My flight was delayed to Dulles unitl after 2am. Thank god my hotel room was still available when I arrved by taxi around 2:30am. The hotel is really nice and modern. With my complimentary morning coffee I headed back to Dulles to take the Washington Flyer bus for $10 to West Falls Church and then metro in downtown DC. A very affrodable way to travel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!