“Small, Creative Place” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Oak Hill, Virginia
“Small, Creative Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

I've been driving past the SBC Cafe for years, but had never eaten here. They don't really advertise and being tucked away in a strip mall, it is easy to overlook. I talked the wife into going one night and we were pleasantly surprised. They have an ecclectic menu, awesome soups and appetizers. We've been back a couple of times since. Never been crowded.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Raleigh, North Carolina
“A dont miss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Sign on store front is SBC. I have eaten there several times with co-workers. Excellent food, excellent service every time. The menu has a nice variety.

Visited December 2011
Omaha, Nebraska
“It's still most excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

We found this place from fellow yelpers and it was great. I started off with the pepper cheese and black bean soup. A large bowl arrived along with a giant soup spoon. It was half pepper cheese soup and half black bean so the bowl look just it sounds; one yellow side and one black side. I tried the soups separately first and both were first rate. Then I would take a spoon of the bean side and drag it through the cheese side and my mouth popped with flavors that are hard to describe except for perfect. It was dotted with avocado oil which added a green tinge. My dining mate ordered the shellfish gumbo that was filled with different shellfish and was cooked to perfection. It had some of the most authentic Louisana flavors that I have tasted. Both soups were definitely home made. Then it was on to the soft shell crab sandwich. Although it was a little bit over cooked, the flavor of the poblano mayo on the top bun and smashed avocado along with tomatoes and fresh lettuce made for very good flavor. My mate ordered the turkey and brie which arrived about 4 inches tall and stuffed with meat and soft cheese along with tomato and lettuce. Overall a very good lunch and I would definitely go back and I highly recommend this dining establishment. Service was a little slow in food delivery but the servers were very nice.

• Visited April 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Absolutely Delicious!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

Today I had lunch at this saint little restaurant tucked away in a strip mall. I had passed by there many times and always thought " I should try this place some time". Well today was my lucky day!!! I started my lunch off with the soup special of the day - Pepper Jack Cheese & Black Bean Soup. I am in the food biz myself and as I have always said " people eat with their eyes first". When the soup arrived to my table just the presentation of the soup had me licking my lips and the taste certainly didnt disappoint me. I then had the Grilled Shrimp Club Sandwich, which was served on French bread with lettuce, tomato and bacon. The sandwich was served with a side of Red Bliss Potato Salad, which made my mouth water. I finished my lunch off with a complementary serving of "Chocolate Diablo" that as the title says was " Absolutely Delicious". I am looking forward to returning one evening soon to try The Sweet Basil Cafe's dinner menu. So if your looking for a great meal check this place out you won't be disappointed!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
herndon
“yum yum yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2009

I tried this & that all the food they serve makes my mouth heven!!
I can not pick one sorry!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere