“Good Hyatt Place Hotel standards meet!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Toronto, Canada
“Good Hyatt Place Hotel standards meet!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This is the third Hyatt Place hotel I have stayed at in 6 months and the room size and set up is almost identical to the previous two Hyatt Places'. This one has the best water pressure for the shower though, but still lacks an exhaust fan so after a hot shower it feels a bit like a steam sauna in there. King size sofa bed is just great but the room again lacks a real blanket for our third person to use. Breakfast is always great except on weekend when the dining area is crowded. Kitchen is not able to meet demand and they run out of plates, cups, bowls, forks, spoons and knives quickly around 9am, but the management quickly supplies plastic ones for us to use. The hotel is located in a semi-residential area with the other half being office buildings so it is rather quiet, but a village mall is just a few KM away with a true 24 hour McDonald's, which is rare. Distance to the highway is not bad but having to pay $1 each time for toll entering the highway is something I am not used to. Did not have this problem when I stayed at the Hyatt Place in Chantilly in the south side of the airport. The AC in the room is not cold enough for the sitting area on those 33C days, but good enough for the bedroom side. I am quite satisfied overall and the check in was quite prompt.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Rajesh S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for discussing your stay in detail. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are thankful for the few items you have listed that we can strive to attain excellence in. We look forward seeing you stay with us very soon.

Rajesh Singh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We've been traveling quite a bit this trip and this hotel offered every comfort. The rooms are suites and well appointed. The decor is tasteful and inviting. Located in a quiet suburban area surrounded by silicone valley style businesses. The area is quiet and clean and we found a nice shopping center nearby with a supermarket and a variety of restaurants. The breakfast is quite extensive. Get there before close to closing time, otherwise it is packed. The staff is friendly and helpful. We had difficulty with our GPS when we got close to the hotel. I called and spoke with Jason who stayed on the phone with me guiding us to the hotel. Thank you, Jason!

Room Tip: If you're looking for a hotel close to Washington DC you may want something closer.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Rajesh S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that the hotel met your needs in all aspects. It is nice to know that Jason paved your way to the hotel and was helpful during your journey and stay.

We look forward seeing you stay with us very soon.

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Place for just 1 night in June 2014.

I was disappointed in that when we arrived at the Hotel after a 17 hour flight they had no booking for us, yet we had confirmed vouchers. After a few frantic calls, it emerged that our Agent had failed to send the confirmations to the Hotel. The lady at the counter was decent enough to offer us a complimentary breakfast whilst she sorted out the confusion.

Eventually, Marcus allocated rooms to my colleagues and me. (Just be prepared for delays if you are in a hurry to check out, as they have only one person at the counter and I can sometimes become quite busy)

The rooms are small, though they have everything that you require. There is a decent sized business workplace, TV, central air conditioning and a neat bathroom. The room also has a coffee machine. I had to have mine changed three times to get a unit that eventually worked.

The breakfast are buffet styled and serves cereals, fruit juices, waffles and syrup, scrambled eggs and sausage. Naturally there are croissants and sweet stuff to end of the breakfast.

Of convenience is the Hotel shuttle which operates every 15minutes between the Hotel and the Airport. We were even allowed to use the shuttle on our visit back from the City.

I was very happy with the Hotel, yet I discovered that they billed me three times for the rooms on my credit card when I returned home. Ivette Alfaro eventually resolved this after about two weeks and several emails and telephone calls.

Overall, I was still happy with the Hotel and I will stay there when I am in Washington again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Rajesh S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you for your detailed feedback. We look forward serving you soon in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I stayed here alone before a morning flight out of Dulles. Location was great for quick access to long-term parking at Dulles. Breakfast was good, room was large, comfortable and clean. I enjoyed the room service menu as I was tired & alone and wanted a quick no fuss meal. I had the hummus platter. The down side to my stay was a bus tour of children checking in late and shouting, running and slamming doors in the hallways. At 10:30 pm I called the front desk to complain. They promised to speak to the adult chaperones and did.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Rajesh S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that your stay was fine. We have concluded the tour season for 2014, if you intend to stay with us again later this year.

Pasadena, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This Hyatt Place is run by the same owner as the Sheraton next door, and a Sheraton van provides transportation for both properties to/from Dulles. When I arrived very late and called for shuttle service, I was misinformed and stood for a good 30 minutes at the opposite end of the pickup area (should have been told 2H but was told 2A). I also wasn't told I was supposed to look for a Sheraton van. Anyways, the very kind shuttle driver had been looking for me and waiting very patiently in front of exit 2H the whole time, so after I eventually figured things out, he drove me to the hotel. Very nice guy, tipped him well.

This property is very understaffed. There was one lady manning the front desk and running around making food. I was told by a frequent guest eating a snack that there's often up to 3 employees working the late afternoon/early evening shift but only 1 person for the overnight. I had to wait a while while the front desk lady finished making a cinnamon bun for someone. Check-in was easy, and as a diamond elite, was automatically given 500 HGP and a choice of one beverage.

I was starving, having been on a plane for 7 hours and waiting at the airport for another 30, and I was expecting to be able to order anything from the 24-hour bistro menu. Unfortunately, I was told that she could only make me one of the two pizzas on the menu. A little disappointing, but I would have eaten anything at that point so I had a better-than-expected pepperoni pizza (tasted like Freschetta).

I was pleased with my room - top floor, away from the elevator as requested. The room was clean enough and the bed linens/pillows were very fresh and clean. The mattress was a bit lumpy and the springs were very springy - not the best quality but it got the job done. Unfortunately, I was woken by early very loud sounds of grounds maintenance just outside (not sure if it was related to the Hyatt Place or another property).

Amenity-wise, you get the standard two soaps, shampoo, and conditioner. I was surprised by the lack of body lotion and when I asked, the front desk said they didn't have any. That was a first! They did have toothpaste for free, but I was charged for a very cheap razor and a shaving cream - kind of a bummer there.

The shuttle driver on the way back to the airport was great too.

Room Tip: You need to call for shuttle pickup from Dulles after 9 pm - look for the Sheraton Herndon shuttle i...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are glad that your stay went well, except for some minor alterations that need to be done. We look forward seeing you soon in our hotel.

Santa Rosa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

We had a late night flight into Dulles Airport and needed a place to stay before continuing our trip the next morning. We have always had great accomodations at Hyatt Place, but this one did not measure up to the standards we are used to. We booked a room with two queen beds, plus the standard sleeper sofa, but when we checked into our room it had a king bed and the sofa. This arrangement didn't work for us, as I was traveling with teenagers. When I called the front desk, the clerk was unapologetic and just said "That's all we have." We were forced to sleep in an uncomfortable situation. We also tried to call the desk to get some extra towels, as we had four people, and there were only two towels in the bathroom. The clerk never answered the phone, so we had to go downstairs and ask for towels and extra pillows. The cafe had an extremely limited selection of food late at night, and there are no restaurants anywhere around the hotel. It is basically located in a business park. The beds were passable, but other Hyatt hotels have much more comfortable beds. The breakfast the next morning was actually quite good for a hotel breakfast. We were pleased with that. We would not stay here again due to the snafu with our room. Good customer service goes a long way, and this hotel did not have that.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Rajesh S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about some areas that were not up to your expectations. I invite you to reach out to me directly so we can resolve these matters to your satisfaction. We would like you to give us one more opportunity.

Leverkusen, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for mor than a week while looking for a house in the area.
The hotel might be ok for an overnight stay while flying in or out of Dulles but we dedinitely cannot recommend it for any longer stay.
Cleaning was very poor, I think during our stay the has not seen a vacuum cleaner once not to speak of the hairs in the shower ...
You do not getane shower gel and we had to ask on at least 3 days for shampoo.
The carpets are far beyond the end of their lifecycle.
And expect busloads of people arriving at night time with the related noise!
Breakfast is ok if you do not expect to much, staff is friendly but seemed sometimes not very organized.
So overall value for money is not good, for any stay exceeding one night we recommend to try another of the plenty hotels in the Dulles area.

Room Tip: If you stay here, get at least a room as far away from the elevators as possible!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Rajesh S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. Please accept our heariest apologies on the areas where we fell short. We would be grateful, if you would give us another opportunity when you are in this part of the city. Please fell free to reach out to me directly, so we can resolve your dissatisfaction to your standards.

Rajesh Singh

Been to Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East? Share your experiences!