“Another great Hyatt Place!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
“Another great Hyatt Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We had 2 nights at this property and it was excellent except for the fact that when we checked in we were put in the room right next to the conference rooms and on Sunday morning they had local church services in those rooms. Not a huge deal, the front desk staff was very helpful in moving us up to the 6th floor once we realized there was going to be a LOT of noise all day long.

The pool is nice... breakfast was as expected at a Hyatt Place and we really could not have been happier.

Room Tip: Make sure you're not next to the conference rooms!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Yes, I know I usually review "luxury" properties, but I think its time I branch out and let you know about the hard working "budget friendly" hotels I stay at when taking flights that depart on or before 6:00 am.

I started staying at hotels the night before an early flight after missing a 6:15 AM flight from BOS to LIR due to an accident in Boston's tunnel. The delay lasted over an hour, thus having to sit at BOS until a flight to SJO departed and forcing me to find and take a Nature Air flight from SJO to LIR, ending up spending all day to finally reach the Four Seasons. So, right away I decided, or rather wised up, a $100.00 — $150.00 hotel room was worth more then the headaches my missed flight caused. The Hyatt Place also has a "park and fly" option, and even long term parking can add up to more then a night's stay and week long parking, and without the hassles, longterm parking can sometimes be.

I found the Hyatt Place chain, because Im a huge fan of the Hyatt Gold Passport program (along with MANY others), and was so pleasantly surprised with room size, plush clean towels and extremely friendly front desk staff. The room size is huge with desks, separate sitting area with sofa's and usually a large flat screen TV that swivels to accommodate the bedroom as well.

This Hyatt Place is next door to the Sheraton, and they share the shuttle van to IAD, and, though the van is kind of old and tired, the driver(s) have always been on time, helpful and friendly.

The Hyatt Place in all the locations I used, have a plentiful free breakfast starting early and decent coffee, not a super luxury Cappuccino, Espresso machine, but it's hot and not bitter, and they give guests a few types of milk and creams, not all budget friendly hotels do. They also have egg dishes where I've stayed with fruits and breads, and though Im not a big breakfast goer, it's nice to have options.

Now, I can't say I will ever book a vacation within the Hyatt Place chain, but, they realize who their customer(s) are and cater quite well to them, the business traveler(s), as well as the needs of guests like myself, that simply rather not stress out getting to an early flight's departure.

Travel can be tough and tedious, so be kind to your fellow traveler and be smart, safe and enjoy the experience's in front of you.

B

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Good, free breakfast. Friendly staff, good location. Rooms are nice size. Would prefer a bit more water pressure. Furniture ( sleeper sofa) was a bit worn. Decent value for the money. Free parking and places to eat.

• Stayed May 2013
Carolina, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

All rooms I saw were extremely comfortable, gorgeous and spacious. The front desk were very kind, but they could get better in their professionalism.

If you're gonna take the shuttle from the airport, you should call the hotel (don't wait until it comes, like other hotels), because they don't have a constant shuttle going there.

It's like 40 minutes far from Washington DC. But overall, it is a great choice and not so expensive.

Room Tip: If you're gonna take the shuttle from the airport, you should call the hotel (don't wait unt...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This hotel was terrible! Booked for the week (was here on business), had 2 bus loads of kids for 2 nights...makes me thankful my children are grown! Slamming doors constantly for 2 evenings. The wifi is very unstable making it very difficult to do any work in the evenings. I can go on and on.. But to make it short and sweet... Never again!! Extremely disappointed

• Stayed May 2013
Jill W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Jenny A

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a review on Trip Advisor. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. I'm very sorry for the noise you experienced on your recent visit. Our location is ideal for student groups visiting the Washington DC area. Generally, the students are very well behaved, however on occassion, we have experienced some students that are overly excited regarding their trip. In the future, we will do our best to block student rooms together away from our business travelers.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 571-643-0905

Jill Ward
Hyatt Place Dulles Airport East
Prince George, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We were promptly greeted upon arriving, however the two front desk ladies were not very friendly. They gave us the information we needed (room number, breakfast times, etc.) but that was the end of it. The room was clean and spacious, and our encounters with the cleaning crew were all positive. They were funny and friendly. :) Breakfast was delicious with lots of choices! Overall, great stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

If you want lost room payment information, lost meeting room reservations, room keys that aren't programmed properly more than once, broken tv remote, broken hair dryer, burned out light bulb by the bed, dim bathroom lighting, notepads used by previous guests left in your room, staff that calls you "Hun" and can't answer any questions, and to go next door to the Sheraton for your meals, then this is the place for you.

If you're using a meeting room to conduct job interviews and want the candidates sent to your bedroom instead of a meeting room, then again, this is definitely the hotel for you.

This was my experience at this hotel. I travel for business several times a month and I'll never stay here again. The meeting rooms also look very outdated. The front desk told me the same people franchise the Sheraton next door, so I'm crossing that place off my list too.

On the positive side, the rooms are modern and clean and the hotel has a free shuttle to Dulles.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport
Staybridge Suites Dulles

Been to Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East? Share your experiences!