“Wow - will do again.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Vancouver, Washington
“Wow - will do again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed here to end out the week of a work trip. We had a day to play and an early flight the next morning so we had to choose to be close to the sights or close to the airport. I am so happy with our choice. The drive to DC was not bad at all, and the value was worth it!

Location was easy to find and very nice for the Dulles Airport, and the hotel just had a nice feel to it.

Staff: all the staff we ran into were great. Very nice, friendly, and helpful. Check in was quick and easy. Staff went out of their way to try to help me print the boarding passes which we never could get to print. I appreciate their willingness to go help.

The room - was perfect for us - there were 4 non coupled adults sharing a room. We had a 2 queen room, which also had a sectional pull out couch. We all had plenty of space to spread out and unwind - BONUS the room had plenty of plugs - such a rare find. My only complaint would be the blinking green light for the detector right across the beds.

Breakfast was the great - lots of food options. I like that snacks were available all night long. Pool hours were weird - we tried a couple of times to get down there and never had luck.

I would defiantly recommend and if I ever make it back to the area will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed that this property for two nights. Housekeeping was not up to my expectation but over all it was good. They have pretty nice and cozy rooms and I really enjoyed my stay. I would have given five stars if housekeeping guys did their job properly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
West Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is minutes from Dulles airport. It is a clean facility with very good sized rooms. The bed was very comfortable along with the lounge furniture which had a large sectional sofa that also had a bed in it. I was able to obtain a great deal through Priceline and this was an excellent place.

There was a breakfast buffet every morning. While I did not try it, my friends who were also staying had the breakfast and enjoyed it.

Minor criticisms are that toiletries did not include a body lotion and my bathroom shower stall did not have a full door or curtain.

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had an excellent stay here. While our first breakfast was a shambles, due to the clock change and a staff member not showing, the staff pitched in an made the rest of our stay very enjoyable. Breakfast was great, and better than the normal free breakfasts. The staff were a joy to deal with and the rooms clean, large and quiet. We spent 4 days here, so we were not the normal person arriving or departing from Dulles.

One odd thing is that the pool has an odd timetable and is only open on the evenings during the week, though at all times there is a lifeguard .... perhaps local law??

Lots of local places to eat and we enjoyed going into Hendon. Would recommend to all.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed quiet considering airport close. Perhaps away from elevator are a shade quieter as...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Navi Mumbai, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Went to Reston on a business trip and stayed in Hyatt Place for over a week. The hotel was excellent and so were the staff. The rooms were always clean. Their staff deserve special kudos for their excellent service. All amenities in the room were great (the big screen TV that was on a rotating stand, the large comfortable sofa, the Wifi signals were strong) The best part of the stay was the morning breakfast. There was lot of variety to chose from and was straight out of kitchen. There was free shuttle service upto Reston. One day when I called the shuttle van was not available. They asked me to take a cab and the hotel paid for it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Ever wondered what to do with your car when flying out of Dulles Airport? Thinking about the wallet pinch at the regular lots? Or wearing your hiking shoes to get in and out of the long term lots? The need to bring your GPS to locate your car when you return? Well, this wonderful member of the Hyatt chain solves that problem big time. A night's stay prior to departure allows you to park and fly, which, as I count numbers on my fingers, factors in for both savings and convenience. While not a luxury hotel, this part of the Hyatt chain is not meant to offer excess glitz and glamor. But, the Hyatt Place is certainly new, comfortable, and the giant flat screen TV rotates to allow viewing from bed and large, lounge-able couch. A nice amenity. The desk, indeed the whole room has, sufficient electrical outlets to accommodate every piece of rechargeable hardware one carries. (Try finding that nicety for business travelers at the Ritz.) There is, however, one thing that makes this hotel special, and that's the staff. They are friendly, accommodating, and really try to make your stay as special as they are. We had to contact the hotel from the road today about an important matter, and Angela, the Assistant Manager, went out of her way to help us through our dilemma and make us totally comfortable that she was on top of things.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HyattPlaceDullesEast, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Wow! Thank you for such a glowing review Serioustraveler7612. I really couldn't have done a better job describing the Hyatt Place concept or this property specifically. I appreciate you taking the time to do so. I also appreciate you taking a moment to recognize Angela specifically. Like you, I recognize that she is a great asset to this hotel and I know it means a lot to our team members when they are able to hear it from those which we serve. We would love to have you back in the future.

Warm Regards,

The Hyatt Place Dulles Airport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed here for a week in January while on business. The staff was amazingly helpful and courteous. The location is somewhat isolated but several restaurants are within walking distance. This was my first stay at a Hyatt Place. There is no traditional restaurant but food is available through the kitchen...an interesting concept, I like it. Kudos to the van drivers who were more than willing to take me wherever I needed to go.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Hofman24 for your feedback regarding your visit to Hyatt Place Dulles Airport! I will be sure to share with the team your appreciation for their efforts during your most recent visit. We hope to serve you again in the future.

Warm Regards,

Hyatt Place Dulles Airport

Been to Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East? Share your experiences!