“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Navi Mumbai, India
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Went to Reston on a business trip and stayed in Hyatt Place for over a week. The hotel was excellent and so were the staff. The rooms were always clean. Their staff deserve special kudos for their excellent service. All amenities in the room were great (the big screen TV that was on a rotating stand, the large comfortable sofa, the Wifi signals were strong) The best part of the stay was the morning breakfast. There was lot of variety to chose from and was straight out of kitchen. There was free shuttle service upto Reston. One day when I called the shuttle van was not available. They asked me to take a cab and the hotel paid for it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Ever wondered what to do with your car when flying out of Dulles Airport? Thinking about the wallet pinch at the regular lots? Or wearing your hiking shoes to get in and out of the long term lots? The need to bring your GPS to locate your car when you return? Well, this wonderful member of the Hyatt chain solves that problem big time. A night's stay prior to departure allows you to park and fly, which, as I count numbers on my fingers, factors in for both savings and convenience. While not a luxury hotel, this part of the Hyatt chain is not meant to offer excess glitz and glamor. But, the Hyatt Place is certainly new, comfortable, and the giant flat screen TV rotates to allow viewing from bed and large, lounge-able couch. A nice amenity. The desk, indeed the whole room has, sufficient electrical outlets to accommodate every piece of rechargeable hardware one carries. (Try finding that nicety for business travelers at the Ritz.) There is, however, one thing that makes this hotel special, and that's the staff. They are friendly, accommodating, and really try to make your stay as special as they are. We had to contact the hotel from the road today about an important matter, and Angela, the Assistant Manager, went out of her way to help us through our dilemma and make us totally comfortable that she was on top of things.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HyattPlaceDullesEast, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Wow! Thank you for such a glowing review Serioustraveler7612. I really couldn't have done a better job describing the Hyatt Place concept or this property specifically. I appreciate you taking the time to do so. I also appreciate you taking a moment to recognize Angela specifically. Like you, I recognize that she is a great asset to this hotel and I know it means a lot to our team members when they are able to hear it from those which we serve. We would love to have you back in the future.

Warm Regards,

The Hyatt Place Dulles Airport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed here for a week in January while on business. The staff was amazingly helpful and courteous. The location is somewhat isolated but several restaurants are within walking distance. This was my first stay at a Hyatt Place. There is no traditional restaurant but food is available through the kitchen...an interesting concept, I like it. Kudos to the van drivers who were more than willing to take me wherever I needed to go.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Hofman24 for your feedback regarding your visit to Hyatt Place Dulles Airport! I will be sure to share with the team your appreciation for their efforts during your most recent visit. We hope to serve you again in the future.

Warm Regards,

Hyatt Place Dulles Airport
port orange, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Nice suite with updated features, such as flat screen tv, refrigerator, couch, desk, etc., etc. ..... indoor pool exercise room and a great free breakfast, All staff friendly, helpful and curteous, good location just off rte 28 and dulles toll road

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HyattPlaceDullesEast, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Joesgolfer1,

Thank you for taking the time to send in a review of our property. We certainly appreciate the kind words regarding the property and staff. I will be sure to share your input with the team. They always appreciate knowing that they have satisfied another guest. We hope to serve you again the next time you are in the Herndon area. Safe travels!

Regards,

Hyatt Place Dulles Airport East
Pyeongtaek, South Korea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I only had a few requirements when booking this hotel... Be close to the airport, free airport shuttle and free wifi. I should have included friendly reception... My check in was all business... I did not feel welcome at all. However I was very impresses with the room, clean spacious, and comfy bed. I had a great nights sleep. Also, the morning staff was a lot more friendly. The price was right so other than the night staff I was very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Leesburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Hotel room was perfect for my 3 kids and husband. Kids ages are 11,13,15. If you are looking for a more modern updated room, then this is for you..... With the L shape couch with pull out, it gave us enough room for all to sleep without having a pull out bed stuffed in your room. The rooms also have a wet bar with a mirror over top so we had two areas to change and access the mirrors. Breakfast was fast and diverse and kids loved going down and grabbing what they wanted. Staff was courteous and room was clean. I will definelty go back to the Hyatt Place with the family.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HyattPlaceDullesEast, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
I thank you for your generous feedback about our property LSchaub. I would agree that our spacious rooms and modern design provide a great experience for families. I look forward to sharing your comments with my team. We hope to see you again in the future.

General Manager - Hyatt Place Dulles Airport East
Orange, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The Hyatt Place Herndon/Dulles Airport – East is conveniently located about 10 minutes from Dulles International Airport. The hotel does provide complimentary shuttle service from 5:00 AM – 12:00 AM which accommodates most travel schedules.

Hyatt Place is geared mostly towards business travelers or for longer stays. The rooms are set up as mini-suites with a “separate” living room area, which is usually just divided by a partial screen and/or the TV.

Rooms are generally a little larger than your standard hotel room. Amenities include free internet and a free hot breakfast, a plus for many travelers or to those on a budget.

After having my flight delayed, I arrived at the hotel after the complimentary shuttle service had stopped. When I entered the hotel, there was no employee to be found. I yelled out several times to no avail. I walked around the hotel for a few minutes in search of an employee, again with no success. After returning to the front desk area, an employee had come up from the back. No apology was given. It seems as though I had either waken him up from a nap, or from his meal break.

Check-in was fairly quick, but not very friendly. He did not recognize my Hyatt Diamond Status, and did not explain any amenities such as when breakfast started. I was given the internet user name and password, but at 1:30 AM all I wanted to do was sleep.

The room is laid out in a strange way.

Upon entering the room, there is a small mini bar to the right with a small desk located next to it. The size of the desk would make it difficult to get any real work done.

Next to the desk is a large L-shaped sofa with the TV “dividing” the bed from the rest of the room.

The bathroom is located to the left of the door. The sink is separated from the toilet and shower. The sink has limited counter space compared to other Hyatt Place’s that I have stayed at.

The a.m. Kitchen Skillet is the Hyatt Place complimentary breakfast, which includes hot options such as pancakes, breakfast sandwiches and oatmeal. Cold options include cereal, fruit, yogurt, breads and pastries.

Hopefully, the service issues improve as I have noticed that service in Hyatt Place hotels are inferior to full service Hyatt Hotels.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking the time to review our property TheMysteryTraveler. Our overnight team members wear many hats but it is certainly never acceptable to keep a guest waiting and even less acceptable to then not offer you the proper Hyatt greeting. Please accept my apologies on behalf of the entire team. I look forward to reviewing your experience with my overnight team and ensuring you have a proper greeting on your next visit. Safe Travels.

General Manager - Hyatt Place Dulles Airport East

Been to Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East? Share your experiences!