“Good for business travellers and stop-overs” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Advance Purchase 15% Off
Ranked #14 of 20 hotels in Herndon
London, UK
“Good for business travellers and stop-overs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed here for a week because it was convenient for business I was doing nearby. My room was a good size and had a comfortable bed. It was clean and very quiet. The WiFi Internet connection (which is included as part of the price) worked fine for me with reasonable speeds. Breakfast, also included, was ok without being outstanding. The staff were very helpful and efficient (I had a problem with my TV and it was fixed quickly). The hotel does provide food 24x7 but bear in mind there is no full-service kitchen so it is salads and stuff that can be heated up, oh and there is a bar!
The hotel is on the edge of an estate of office buildings and houses. There are no shops or restaurants within walking distance so if you don't have a car you will need to take taxis or the shuttle to the airport and then a bus.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Just finished staying here for our Son's hockey tournament overall the rooms have a very generous size to them, the beds were very comfortable and the staff was accommodating. For the money I would stay here as well for business if I needed a sub $150.00 location to stay as well as a good clean affordable place to stay if I was traveling through the area for pleasure. From the Hockey tournament standpoint this was the nicest location we have stayed to date thus I would give this location 2 thumbs up from a hockey tournament stay standpoint!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HyattPlaceDullesEast, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for the kind words CranburyDan! We enjoyed having your group here at the Hyatt Place Dulles Airport East. I am glad both the property and our staff met your needs. We pride ourselves on being a brand that provides a quality experience for both corporate clients and leisure groups alike. As someone who clearly travels wearing both hats at times, I especially appreciate your feedback. Hopefully we will see you back for next year's tournament. Safe travels!

The Team at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport East
Hickory Creek, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed here when I was transferred to Herndon for work. My apartment wasn't going to be ready for another week. This was the perfect place. Huge room,big couch, wet bar area and the bed is off by itself. Plenty of space and fairly quiet considering the proximity of the airport. The shuttle took me to the town center a few times too.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
HyattPlaceDullesEast, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback Sgilpin. I am pleased to hear you were happy with the accommodations here at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport East. Specifically, I thank you for mentioning the quietness of our rooms. Being located near an airport, I know this is of great importance to our visitors. It is exciting to hear we met your expectations and we hope to serve you again in the future. Safe travels!

Regards,

The Team at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport - East
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My family and I stay in Hyatt Places very often. This stay was just for one night - as a layover coming back from an international trip. We arrived too late to make any connection flights, so we stayed here after two weeks of being overseas.

We were exhausted with the time difference, and arrived at the hotel at about 7pm ready for bed. Since we needed to feed the kids and get milk for bottles, my husband asked if the shuttle driver could take him somewhere quick. Not only did the shuttle driver take him to a grocery store, but he waited there while my husband ran in to get some food and milk. Excellent service!!!

After being in Europe for two weeks, the nice shower, big comfortable beds and HUGE television were what my kids were so excited for. No one wanted to leave the room!!!

The breakfast the next morning was perfect for us and the kids. Lots of variety - cereals, yogurt, fruit, juices, etc. Typical buffet, but no one left hungry.

For families, this is one of the better hotels you can stay at! Highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HyattPlaceDullesEast, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Angie55,

It is great to hear that you had a first class stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We hope you will come back and visit us again, perhaps on your next family adventure. Safe travels!

<The Team at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport East>
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The hotel and its staff were beyond reproach: really clean hotel, friendly staff and a great shuttle service but it is missing a few things that I've become used to as a business traveler. I’m going to come across as being spoilt when you read the comments below but as a frequent traveler choosing between pretty generic hotels these kinds of things make or break it for one location over another.

When I arrived I asked if they had a shop and they said that they had snacks but if I needed supplies then I’d have to go to the hotel next door. The pool is only open between 5:00PM and 8:00PM during the week so if you were hoping to work out you won’t be doing it in the pool in the morning. Room service consists of calling the front deck and ordering the food, they call you back when it is ready and you go down and get it yourself, (the food was mediocre – who puts tomatoes on a Caesar salad?). The gym was set at 75'F and could not be made cooler, that's pretty warm for a decent workout.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are really nice and fairly quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HyattPlaceDullesEast, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you Pemple, for taking the time to give a very thoughtful and thorough review of your visit. I will gladly share with my team your kind words regarding the cleanliness of our property and the friendliness of the staff. I will also take into consideration your feedback regarding ways we can improve the experience of our guests traveling on business. I recognize it is the little things that make a big difference. Thanks again and safe travels!
honolulu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

First stay at a Hyatt Place and love pretty much everything. Not 5 stars only because it is in the middle of nowhere. Dulles airport is not close to DC.
Design is modern and pleasant, separate living room, large tv, free wi-fi all great. Breakfast much better than expected for this price range. Gym is pretty small.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
HyattPlaceDullesEast, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
I thank you for your positive feedback regarding the Hyatt Place Brand aturkinnola! I am excited to hear you approve of the new Hyatt Place breakfast program that we launched in April of this year. It has been very well received by our guests and I feel it really adds value to your visit. You are correct, we are located about 20 miles outside of D.C. I find that is a desirable quality for many of our guests that like to avoid the traffic and parking fees associated with staying closer D.C. I would also highly recommend the 5A bus that Dulles Airport offers to those who would like to visit D.C. but do not want to drive into the city themselves. The 5A bus provides fast, cheap, and efficient way for guests to reach the city. Thank you again for your feedback. Safe travels!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I am a Hilton guy, but if Hyatt continues to build out its various brands of hotels I could eventually switch (many cities/towns I visit don't have Hyatt properties). I stayed at a Hyatt Place in Austin a couple of years ago and since most of the Hilton properties in the Reston-Herndon area were either sold out or ridiculously expensive, I elected to try Hyatt Place again.

Similar to my first stay a couple of years ago, this is an excellent property. The hotel is only about 2 years old, so everything is in great shape. I actually find Hyatt Place more comfortable than Hyatt Regency.

Pros: The rooms are quiet (good sound insulation) and the hotel itself is located in a part of Herndon that isn’t horribly trafficky. There is only one restaurant within walking distance (a nice, family-oriented pizza and salad restaurant called Generous George), but there are a variety of restaurants (Thai, Vietnamese, American, etc.) and a grocery store within 5 minutes drive.

The A/C works very well, as does the internet speed (95% of the time, which is better than most hotels). The large flat panel TV pivots so you can watch from bed or the living room area (the rooms are pretty large). The TV has all sorts of connections if you want to connect your laptop up to watch a movie (HDMI and other cables available at front desk).

Instead of a check-in counter, there is a “gallery host” who handles everything from check-in and check-out to snack/drink sales to just about anything else you can think of. One-stop POC for everything a hotel guest needs. The gallery hosts are trained very well and I found them to be extremely friendly and helpful. I actually like the gallery host concept (single POC for everything) better than having different people to contact for different things (concierge, operator, housekeeping, front desk, etc.).

This property provides free parking, free breakfast, and free in-room wireless internet. I love not being nickel and dimed for this stuff.

Instead of vending machines, there are snacks, sandwiches, and drinks available for purchase in the lobby area. Prices are somewhat reasonable. The only downside here is the dearth of variety in drinks for sale (for example, there are only 4 types of soda to choose from, not counting the Izze brand flavors).

Cons: The beds in the room I stayed in were not as comfortable as most hotels, curiously. The mattresses were uneven and one of them sagged badly (rm. 613).

The only other con was that I requested a quiet room away from the elevators when I made the reservation online and made sure upon check-in to ask the gallery host to make sure he put me in a room away from the elevator. Despite telling me that my room was away from the elevator, when I reached my room I was, aggravatingly, across from the elevator. The hotel patrons were adequately quiet coming and going, so it wasn’t an issue; but hotel management needs to ensure guests receive the room types they request, whenever possible.

Despite these cons, I would definitely stay here again in the future. It was a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East? Share your experiences!