“Love Hyatt Places - and this one was just as great as expected!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Advance Purchase 15% Off
Ranked #13 of 20 hotels in Herndon
Denver, CO
“Love Hyatt Places - and this one was just as great as expected!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My family and I stay in Hyatt Places very often. This stay was just for one night - as a layover coming back from an international trip. We arrived too late to make any connection flights, so we stayed here after two weeks of being overseas.

We were exhausted with the time difference, and arrived at the hotel at about 7pm ready for bed. Since we needed to feed the kids and get milk for bottles, my husband asked if the shuttle driver could take him somewhere quick. Not only did the shuttle driver take him to a grocery store, but he waited there while my husband ran in to get some food and milk. Excellent service!!!

After being in Europe for two weeks, the nice shower, big comfortable beds and HUGE television were what my kids were so excited for. No one wanted to leave the room!!!

The breakfast the next morning was perfect for us and the kids. Lots of variety - cereals, yogurt, fruit, juices, etc. Typical buffet, but no one left hungry.

For families, this is one of the better hotels you can stay at! Highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HyattPlaceDullesEast, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Angie55,

It is great to hear that you had a first class stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We hope you will come back and visit us again, perhaps on your next family adventure. Safe travels!

<The Team at Hyatt Place Dulles Airport East>

199 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The hotel and its staff were beyond reproach: really clean hotel, friendly staff and a great shuttle service but it is missing a few things that I've become used to as a business traveler. I’m going to come across as being spoilt when you read the comments below but as a frequent traveler choosing between pretty generic hotels these kinds of things make or break it for one location over another.

When I arrived I asked if they had a shop and they said that they had snacks but if I needed supplies then I’d have to go to the hotel next door. The pool is only open between 5:00PM and 8:00PM during the week so if you were hoping to work out you won’t be doing it in the pool in the morning. Room service consists of calling the front deck and ordering the food, they call you back when it is ready and you go down and get it yourself, (the food was mediocre – who puts tomatoes on a Caesar salad?). The gym was set at 75'F and could not be made cooler, that's pretty warm for a decent workout.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are really nice and fairly quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HyattPlaceDullesEast, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you Pemple, for taking the time to give a very thoughtful and thorough review of your visit. I will gladly share with my team your kind words regarding the cleanliness of our property and the friendliness of the staff. I will also take into consideration your feedback regarding ways we can improve the experience of our guests traveling on business. I recognize it is the little things that make a big difference. Thanks again and safe travels!
honolulu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

First stay at a Hyatt Place and love pretty much everything. Not 5 stars only because it is in the middle of nowhere. Dulles airport is not close to DC.
Design is modern and pleasant, separate living room, large tv, free wi-fi all great. Breakfast much better than expected for this price range. Gym is pretty small.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
HyattPlaceDullesEast, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
I thank you for your positive feedback regarding the Hyatt Place Brand aturkinnola! I am excited to hear you approve of the new Hyatt Place breakfast program that we launched in April of this year. It has been very well received by our guests and I feel it really adds value to your visit. You are correct, we are located about 20 miles outside of D.C. I find that is a desirable quality for many of our guests that like to avoid the traffic and parking fees associated with staying closer D.C. I would also highly recommend the 5A bus that Dulles Airport offers to those who would like to visit D.C. but do not want to drive into the city themselves. The 5A bus provides fast, cheap, and efficient way for guests to reach the city. Thank you again for your feedback. Safe travels!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I am a Hilton guy, but if Hyatt continues to build out its various brands of hotels I could eventually switch (many cities/towns I visit don't have Hyatt properties). I stayed at a Hyatt Place in Austin a couple of years ago and since most of the Hilton properties in the Reston-Herndon area were either sold out or ridiculously expensive, I elected to try Hyatt Place again.

Similar to my first stay a couple of years ago, this is an excellent property. The hotel is only about 2 years old, so everything is in great shape. I actually find Hyatt Place more comfortable than Hyatt Regency.

Pros: The rooms are quiet (good sound insulation) and the hotel itself is located in a part of Herndon that isn’t horribly trafficky. There is only one restaurant within walking distance (a nice, family-oriented pizza and salad restaurant called Generous George), but there are a variety of restaurants (Thai, Vietnamese, American, etc.) and a grocery store within 5 minutes drive.

The A/C works very well, as does the internet speed (95% of the time, which is better than most hotels). The large flat panel TV pivots so you can watch from bed or the living room area (the rooms are pretty large). The TV has all sorts of connections if you want to connect your laptop up to watch a movie (HDMI and other cables available at front desk).

Instead of a check-in counter, there is a “gallery host” who handles everything from check-in and check-out to snack/drink sales to just about anything else you can think of. One-stop POC for everything a hotel guest needs. The gallery hosts are trained very well and I found them to be extremely friendly and helpful. I actually like the gallery host concept (single POC for everything) better than having different people to contact for different things (concierge, operator, housekeeping, front desk, etc.).

This property provides free parking, free breakfast, and free in-room wireless internet. I love not being nickel and dimed for this stuff.

Instead of vending machines, there are snacks, sandwiches, and drinks available for purchase in the lobby area. Prices are somewhat reasonable. The only downside here is the dearth of variety in drinks for sale (for example, there are only 4 types of soda to choose from, not counting the Izze brand flavors).

Cons: The beds in the room I stayed in were not as comfortable as most hotels, curiously. The mattresses were uneven and one of them sagged badly (rm. 613).

The only other con was that I requested a quiet room away from the elevators when I made the reservation online and made sure upon check-in to ask the gallery host to make sure he put me in a room away from the elevator. Despite telling me that my room was away from the elevator, when I reached my room I was, aggravatingly, across from the elevator. The hotel patrons were adequately quiet coming and going, so it wasn’t an issue; but hotel management needs to ensure guests receive the room types they request, whenever possible.

Despite these cons, I would definitely stay here again in the future. It was a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The hotel is very clean; in fact it looks brand new. I have zero complaints with the furnishings. They have the best cafeteria-style continental breakfast I've seen in a domestic hotel. The only nit picky complaint I can think of has to do with noise at breakfast in the main eating area. There's a lot of chair-scraping and dropping of various objects by both the staff and the hurrying guests, so it's rather loud when the area fills. But there's plenty of space in the lobby where you can take your food and drink for a little more intimate setting.

But that's all I can think of that detracts, so you know it's a nice place. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Prior Lake, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I raved about this hotel when I got home, and knew I had to circle back to Tripadvisor to write a review. My room was impeccably clean and quiet. No refrigerator noise, etc. I stayed here for two weekend nights to sight-see after a business trip. I did a local 5k run (yes, I'm a little crazy that way) and missed breakfast because of it. When I returned to the hotel, I wandered over to where the breakfast had been that morning to see if there was anything left. One of the very helpful workers saw me and helped me find some cereal and coffee, despite breakfast hours being over!

Internet speed was great, bed was comfortable, TV was modern, sofa was comfortable. Not only would I recommend this hotel, but the next time I'm in the area for business, I'm going to try and persuade my colleagues to stay here (it's a longer drive but worth it!).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Frankfurt, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I Was told there was no room service even though they have a menu in the room?

When just previously the night before I had ordered a burger which sucked by the way.

Having said that though the room cleaning crew is very good.,but the food is questionable.

Giving this hotel a 3 dot.Which I feel is generous .

Room Tip: Room service for things such as Breakfast and lunch and or Dinner seem to be lacking. Was told the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East? Share your experiences!