“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Anchorage, Alaska
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The hotel is very clean; in fact it looks brand new. I have zero complaints with the furnishings. They have the best cafeteria-style continental breakfast I've seen in a domestic hotel. The only nit picky complaint I can think of has to do with noise at breakfast in the main eating area. There's a lot of chair-scraping and dropping of various objects by both the staff and the hurrying guests, so it's rather loud when the area fills. But there's plenty of space in the lobby where you can take your food and drink for a little more intimate setting.

But that's all I can think of that detracts, so you know it's a nice place. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Prior Lake, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I raved about this hotel when I got home, and knew I had to circle back to Tripadvisor to write a review. My room was impeccably clean and quiet. No refrigerator noise, etc. I stayed here for two weekend nights to sight-see after a business trip. I did a local 5k run (yes, I'm a little crazy that way) and missed breakfast because of it. When I returned to the hotel, I wandered over to where the breakfast had been that morning to see if there was anything left. One of the very helpful workers saw me and helped me find some cereal and coffee, despite breakfast hours being over!

Internet speed was great, bed was comfortable, TV was modern, sofa was comfortable. Not only would I recommend this hotel, but the next time I'm in the area for business, I'm going to try and persuade my colleagues to stay here (it's a longer drive but worth it!).

Frankfurt, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I Was told there was no room service even though they have a menu in the room?

When just previously the night before I had ordered a burger which sucked by the way.

Having said that though the room cleaning crew is very good.,but the food is questionable.

Giving this hotel a 3 dot.Which I feel is generous .

Room Tip: Room service for things such as Breakfast and lunch and or Dinner seem to be lacking. Was told the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Noblesville, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We had a decent stay for a couple nights. We were in town for sightseeing and a football game. The trains dont run all the way out to the airport, but it looked like DC was working on that. The hotel was clean and the room was comfortable. Breakfast was good, but would have liked to see a couple more choices. We didnt use the pool, but noticed they had a lifeguard on duty which I dont think I have ever seen at a hotel.The location was really my only issue, and that really isnt their fault. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Firstly it might help guests to know the hotel shuttle can currently be picked up at stand 2H at Dulles Airport-Sept. Unfortunately no courtesy phones at airport except for 6 local hotels. After wandering around finally found someone who knew where the pick up place was! Info place was closed as it was about 22.00.
After a long flight from UK I found the Hyatt a lovely place to rest. Lovely big room with sofa was great value for the price I paid. Staff were very helpful on arrival and I found the breakfast area
was nice size and food pretty good.
Wish I had stayed longer than 1 night as I had to stay nearer Washington capital later in vacation which I regretted as it was not as nice or reasonable price as the Hyatt.
Recommended for airport stay or little longer.

Shelby, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed 5 nights at the hotel while we were visiting DC. The hotel was wonderful. The rooms were clean and spacious. The staff was very helpful and the breakfasts were absolutely delicious. We were able to get to the metro with no problems. The hotel provides a shuttle to some of the local attractions that was very helpful and convenient. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

First, let me apologize for not having any photos. I typically try to have some photos.

Let me say that I was initially unimpressed when I saw the shuttle that picked me up at the airport. I know, a completely irrelevant reason to make a judgement but nevertheless, that is what I did.

When I checked in and got to my room, was I shocked and my opinion changed. The corner room I got put in on the 4th FL was great. Nice sized room with a sofa in it as well. I did not watch tv but I did use the wifi, which worked well for my Win 8 laptop and iPhone, had good connectivity to check mail before crashing for the night.

Bed was comfy and the climate controls were easy to use and did a great job of keeping the room at just the right temperature. The hot water in the shower was hot within seconds which was nice too.

This is a good place, whether overnight or for a few nights.

Room Tip: Get the corner room if you want to sleep well. And they do have the essentials in case you forget th...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East? Share your experiences!