“Decent place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Noblesville, IN
“Decent place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We had a decent stay for a couple nights. We were in town for sightseeing and a football game. The trains dont run all the way out to the airport, but it looked like DC was working on that. The hotel was clean and the room was comfortable. Breakfast was good, but would have liked to see a couple more choices. We didnt use the pool, but noticed they had a lifeguard on duty which I dont think I have ever seen at a hotel.The location was really my only issue, and that really isnt their fault. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Firstly it might help guests to know the hotel shuttle can currently be picked up at stand 2H at Dulles Airport-Sept. Unfortunately no courtesy phones at airport except for 6 local hotels. After wandering around finally found someone who knew where the pick up place was! Info place was closed as it was about 22.00.
After a long flight from UK I found the Hyatt a lovely place to rest. Lovely big room with sofa was great value for the price I paid. Staff were very helpful on arrival and I found the breakfast area
was nice size and food pretty good.
Wish I had stayed longer than 1 night as I had to stay nearer Washington capital later in vacation which I regretted as it was not as nice or reasonable price as the Hyatt.
Recommended for airport stay or little longer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Shelby, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed 5 nights at the hotel while we were visiting DC. The hotel was wonderful. The rooms were clean and spacious. The staff was very helpful and the breakfasts were absolutely delicious. We were able to get to the metro with no problems. The hotel provides a shuttle to some of the local attractions that was very helpful and convenient. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

First, let me apologize for not having any photos. I typically try to have some photos.

Let me say that I was initially unimpressed when I saw the shuttle that picked me up at the airport. I know, a completely irrelevant reason to make a judgement but nevertheless, that is what I did.

When I checked in and got to my room, was I shocked and my opinion changed. The corner room I got put in on the 4th FL was great. Nice sized room with a sofa in it as well. I did not watch tv but I did use the wifi, which worked well for my Win 8 laptop and iPhone, had good connectivity to check mail before crashing for the night.

Bed was comfy and the climate controls were easy to use and did a great job of keeping the room at just the right temperature. The hot water in the shower was hot within seconds which was nice too.

This is a good place, whether overnight or for a few nights.

Room Tip: Get the corner room if you want to sleep well. And they do have the essentials in case you forget th...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed for 2nights in august 2adult and 2 children /staff helpful printed off the bus time table to get from airport to downtown as well as the subway map. When arrived after a long flight from London kids just wanted to jump in the pool this was closed (not opened all the time) but happy to drop us of at the another hyatt which was only 10mins walk away.Breakfast ample and lots of choice. The reason i knocked of a point was i booked a king room and asked for sofa bed to made up as a family of 4 this wasn't done but while swimming front desk organised it. Also iam used just going to the hotel pick up area and they pick you up, not with this hotel there is no courtesy phone so just remember to take 50c and their number and bus will be with you in 10mins but they do share it with the Sheraton hotel next door.

Room Tip: remember 50c to call for shuttle bus
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt Place while visiting DC area attractions. The hotel is conveniently located off the Dulles toll road. It is in the middle of a business/residential park, but our room was quiet. Staff was polite and helpful. Our room was clean and nicely furnished. The hot breakfast that was included with our stay was the best we have had in any hotel and included specialty breakfast sandwiches, waffles or french toast, steel-cut oatmeal, fresh fruit and the usual beverages. Staff worked hard to keep breakfast items stocked and the area clean. We enjoyed our stay so much that we added another night!

• Stayed August 2012
Knoxville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed here because of the location and cost. Great breakfast, clean rooms, very quiet, and wonderful service. Would highly recommend this hotel and would stay here again. We never heard a single plane. The pull out sofa was more comfortable than most beds in other hotels

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East? Share your experiences!