“A terrific hotel value!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
“A terrific hotel value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt Place while visiting DC area attractions. The hotel is conveniently located off the Dulles toll road. It is in the middle of a business/residential park, but our room was quiet. Staff was polite and helpful. Our room was clean and nicely furnished. The hot breakfast that was included with our stay was the best we have had in any hotel and included specialty breakfast sandwiches, waffles or french toast, steel-cut oatmeal, fresh fruit and the usual beverages. Staff worked hard to keep breakfast items stocked and the area clean. We enjoyed our stay so much that we added another night!

• Stayed August 2012

Knoxville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed here because of the location and cost. Great breakfast, clean rooms, very quiet, and wonderful service. Would highly recommend this hotel and would stay here again. We never heard a single plane. The pull out sofa was more comfortable than most beds in other hotels

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed here for a week during corporate training. Very nice place.

PROS:

Shuttle pick-up from the airport to the hotel. They also were very willing to take me anywhere within the local area, including restaurants, businesses, etc. The driver was very friendly and courteous.

The hotel had no issues holding my luggage after checkout while I remained in training and seen the sights in the area. I felt this was a nice touch, and helped me keep a peace of mind.

The breakfast is very good, especially for free. Typically hotels that offer a complimentary breakfast will often offer a slim variety of items. That did not seem to be the case with this hotel, plenty of items to choose from. Even the coffee was good.

Lastly, the staff was always friendly engaging in conversation and very helpful with suggestions of places to eat and things to do.

Cons: None to speak of.

Summary - I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting this area, especially if you want to remain close to the airport.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Jimmy S
Wroclaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Location: Hotel is located very close to Dulles Airport and about 30 minutes drive from Washington, DC. It is good spot to stay overnight when you are travelling in business or sightseeing in Washington. Neighborhood is calm, allowing you to have a good rest after tiring day.

Staff: Very flexible and understanding (I arrived with friends in the middle of night and in spite of some issues with our reservation we got the room we needed).

Rooms: Our room look very decent, however it didn't impressed us in any way. Only gripe was loud and directly blowing on the second bed air-conditioner (air-stream direction couldn't be changed).

Cleanliness: No objections

Breakfast: It was served next to the lobby on the left and it wasn't haute cuisine but tasted better than one may have expected in 3 star hotel (better ranked hotels could have such one). I especially enjoyed toasts prepared by a cook at the back of breakfast place in a small kitchenette.

Other: Complimentary WiFi was very nice addition - it was reliable and worked without any major slowdowns or breaks.

Price/Value Ratio: Excellent. It was really worth stay there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Kalamazoo MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed at this property for 6 days in early August. I had two major incidents while I was there. The first was another guest was also booked to the same room I was in so while I was relaxing in my room I heard the door opened and it was another guest with a key who was just checked into the same room.
My second incident was where house keeping left my room unopened for over 4 hours while I was away. I am still waiting for a sincere apology and some form of compensation from the hotel management.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

HYATT PLACE HERNDON DULLES HOTEL:
Location:
The hotel is conveniently located in the vicinity of the Dulles airport. There is a complementary shuttle to and from the airport.

Service:
We were greeted by a very service minded employee. We had a very good first impression of the service and the hotel itself. The lobby was spacious with possibilities for buying refreshments. There were also to complementary Internet machines with a printer. Printing was complementary if needed.

Rooms:
We got a great room. It was spacious, very clean and modern. I think that we got an upgrade from the regular rooms, so it might be that other rooms are smaller. The room had a modern (a bit noisy) air conditioning system, a big flat screen tv and a sofa group in addition to a desk and chair. The bathroom was spacious and very nice. We had a very good impression of the room and it felt comfortable and good.

There were no in house safe in the room. It was possible to store smaller items in the reception, but they did not have space for small laptops.

The hotel provided free newspapers after "first come, first served principle".

Surrounding areas:
The hotel is located in an apartment/ hotel area. It looks like the area is rather new and under expansion. We could not locate any shops in the vicinity nor bus stops. A rental car is preferred if exploring the area in the vicinity. There was a shopping center approx five minutes from the hotel.

The Hyatt Place Herndon Dulles hotel was a great three star hotel. It was modern, clean and provided valuable service. The property itself gave after our opinion a solid four star impression. We can truely recommend to stay at this hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ReiseKurre
usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights while in town for a wedding. My trip coincided with a huge storm and this hotel quickly filled up with families who had no power. The staff was pleasant, efficient and genuine, even with a full house. My room was bigger than I expected for the price. Free wifi also gets good marks.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Hyatt Regency Dulles
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Staybridge Suites Dulles
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North

Been to Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East? Share your experiences!