“Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

I never stayed or even heard of the Hyatt Place Hotel. I was browsing around online and I came across an ad. I arrived at the hotel and my breathe was taken right away. This hotel was so beautiful. A young lady right away introduced me to the hotel and checked me in. She also gave me alot of information on what all the hotel offers. I went up to my room and loved the way everything looked. I later went down to the gallery and sat at the bar and had a glass of wine. The young lady and gentleman were very sweet and made me feel so comfortable. I can honestly say this is the first time in a long time that I have stayed in a hotel and was woowed. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

I stayed here for one night following a long-haul flight from Europe. The shuttle bus showed up within 10 minutes of my call and the driver was friendly and helpful, as were all of the hotel staff. My room was amazing, with a huge sofa and lounge area, 42 inch plasma TV, a king size bed and a high pressure shower. Breakfast was adequate although it would be nice to have had a "hot food" option such as eggs or waffles like some other places do nowadays. Since I had booked the room through Orbitz "mystery hotel" deal where you pay less but don't get told what hotel you are staying at until you book I only paid 70 bucks, which is a screaming deal for a nice hotel near Dulles airport.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

Tried several times to contact the General Manager after the Assistant General Manager just put me on hold, he then answered and told me he would look into this that was a week ago. He never did, I've been calling to speak to the General Manager and received a voice mail. I"m missing expensive items from my room. Tried to communicate with housekeeping very rude. They didn't even try to help locate my Apple phone, I spoke several times to reception a Asian and heavy set Hispanic woman and nothing was ever done. The night I checked in, there was a gentleman outside smoking and had me waiting at the desk for what felt like 5 minutes while he talked with a another guest/friend. Would never stay at this hotel again. Still waiting on the status of my phone, folder and charger.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Sofia-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this review, March 3, 2011
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry to hear that my staff was less than helpful in locating your missing item. I did not receive a voicemail or email message from you regarding this issue but I am more than happy to assist in anyway to resolve this matter. If you have a moment please give me a call on my direct number 703-943-5920 at your earliest convenience.

Thank you also for bringing this to my attention. I will work with my team to ensure that any issues in the furture are handled promptly and respectfully.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

This hotel is very nice and accommodating.

The staff were so by far one of the most helpful and friendly; we would never have found our way around Washington DC without the front desk agent named Gabriella & Aleeka's advice.

Nothing was too much trouble for them and this really makes a difference when you are new to the area.

Complimentary breakfast was most generous with a wonderful variety - one of the best selections I have seen, and the hotel was fairly new , fresh and clean.

With kindest regards,
Talbot & family

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Sofia-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this review, February 25, 2011
Greetings Talbot Family,

Thank you for taking the time to submit such wonderful feedback. I will be sharing your comments with Alika, Gabriella and the entire hotel team.

San Angelo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

Hotel is recently new, and it shows. Everything is very clean and in excellent condition. The rooms have the best layout I have ever seen and our King Room had a huge sofa, 40+ flat screen, desh, kitchen area w/ fridge, and an excellent bathroom layout. Stay includes a free breakfast which includes fresh fruit, coffee, oatmeal, cereal, doughnuts, toast, & juices. Eggs & Waffles can be ordered. Loved everything about this hotel, especially the starbuck on site. Highly Recommended!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Sofia-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this review, January 14, 2011
What a wonderful way to end the week reading a review like yours! Thank you for the great feedback. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your future visit.

Oceanside, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

We stayed here for my son's hockey tournament along with the rest of the team. The rooms were stunningly beautiful and spacious. The beds were very comfortable, and I'm fussy. The breakfast included in the rate was mediocre with cheap breads and sugared cereals. The orange juice was watered down and not worth drinking. There were no hot entries included. At promptly 10 AM on the day after Thanksgiving, the waitresses had almost completely packed up the breakfast offerings. They should have stayed open a little longer given the holiday weekend but were courteous about retrieving some items for us from the kitchen so we wouldn't miss out. The security in the building was useless in controlling the kids running past midnite through the halls and fighting in the provided conference rooms. My son got hurt and the management knew about it but didn't contact me. I had to find out about the fight from him. The next day again there was no monitoring of the conference rooms, so I had to be sure my son didn't stay there with out me. We had to call the front desk to get them to monitor these areas. The swimming pool didn't open until 3 PM so we never got to use it since we had to go to 2 tournament games that evening. On a weekend, swimming should be available beginning in the morning. Of course, the weekend would have been more pleasant without tournament guests running amock, so try it when it's quieter.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Brossard, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

During Labor day weekend I went with my wife and brother's family for a weekend in Washington DC. We wanted to see Washington's monuments and visit some of the museums. If you are particularly interested in Air and Space museum, this is a great place to sleep, because it is close to Udvar-Hazy Center and at only 30min drive from Washington, you get cheap sleep and free parking (we saved approx.$250 for two nights only compared to if we had booked a hotel in Washington DC) The breakfast is very decent, the rooms are spacious and comfortable, the staff is friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East? Share your experiences!