“Great staff. Great leadership” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 20 hotels in Herndon
“Great staff. Great leadership”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Evie Davidson the hotel manager is a great leader. Her staff under her supervision can turn a stay here into one of the most pleasant experience's you as a traveler could ever imagine possible. They really treat you like ROYALTY. My stay exceeded my expectations. The rooms are modern and extremely clean i had to stay there while home shopping and was very pleased. Looking for a home can be a bit trying but the hotel was just the place i needed to unwind after a tiring day. Thank you Comfort inn Herndon. I will be back real soon

R. Johnson NYSP

• Stayed March 2013
CIHerndon, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience while staying with us here at the Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, Herndon. I will make sure your compliments are shared with staff. The Dulles corridor area (Herndon, VA) is a great location to; live, work and play with so many options in and around the city. Please remember us when traveling in the area again.

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Pittsford, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

free parking, clean rooms, comfortable lobby with area to hang out. decent rates, buffet breakfast - waffles!! easy area to navigate. lots to do nearby. staff was very nice. i think there may have been a small pool, but we didn't look for it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your response. Our value is in our guest and we will continue to strive for 100% customer satisfaction! I’m pleased to hear you were able to enjoy our complimentary “Your Morning Breakfast” offering over 12 items to choose from in a variety setting. Again, thank you and we look forward to your return visit.
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I snagged a great deal on this hotel through priceline express deals. I found the staff to be friendly and the hotel to be clean and quite. While aesthetically a bit outdated it made up for in the fact that it was very clean, the sheets and duvet were laundered, and that the bed/pillows lent itself to a good night sleep. I wasn't looking for the ritz, just needed a safe clean place to rest my head. I would definitely stay here again for the price I paid through priceline.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for giving us a moment of your time. I’m pleased that you had an enjoyable stay here at the Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, Herndon. Please remember upon your return visit that we reward our loyal travelers that are members of Choice Privileges with; upgrades, late check-outs and welcome amenities. We hope to see you soon and get you earning points for stays or gift cards.
Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This hotel is average. There were some updates (lcd tv and granite vanity). But the location was not the greatest. It was close to the highway but far from downtown. There wasn't much to do near by as well. Herndon is an old historical town. That should say it all.

• Stayed February 2013
CIHerndon, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are located near Historical Herndon in addition to Reston Towne Center (1/4 mile away) which offers options for; dining, shopping and theater. I hope on your return visit whether for leisure or visiting one of many corporate locations around us, you get a chance to see other attractions and experience our new bedding package. We look forward to your return.
Wayne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I had just returned from a 16 hour flight, 8 time zones & was dead tired. I hit the ATM for some cash and climbed into the Comfort Inn van. Picked up my car at the Comfort Inn and drove the 2.5 hours home. When I got home, I realized my wallet was gone, along with a lot of cash. Figured it was gone forever. Imagine my complete surprise and delight when Ms Davidson, the general manager, tracked me down to tell me that the van driver, Mr. Somsakdi, had found my wallet and turned it in. They returned my wallet with every single dime in it. Unbelievable honesty and customer service, a rare commodity today.
We've stayed there three times, leaving our car there for a long trip. Great value, great prcie and honest people.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
CIHerndon, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport. We are pleased that your personal items were able to be returned securely in a timely fashion to you. Here, our team values include; Quality, Integrity, Caring, Service and Safety. Our hotel continues to offer the “Park, Sleep & Fly Package” to aide in stress free travel for our guest that you seem to frequently use. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back.
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed a night at the Comfort Inn Dulles on an 8th grade class field trip from San Francisco to Washington D.C. in late February 2013. We had mixed opinions about this place as there were a lot of nice amenities such as a shuttle service from the airport to the hotel that was complimentary. Also, there were a couple of restaurants next door to the Comfort Inn as well as a sports bar that were convenient as well. The establishment had a large room used for their continental breakfasts provided each day that we were able to use in the evening after everyone arrived to provide our kids a place to eat dinner.

Our room on the second floor was very quiet and clean. The beds were only double however but were comfortable. The kids and a few other chaperons on the trip were given rooms on the first floor. The rooms down there were smoke smelling and not fitted with comfortable beds. Also, there were a few rooms that were rented out to persons on a monthly basis that housed tenants who were on the sketchy side. There were problems with almost all of the room safes (not working) in the 10 or so rooms we had in our group and we could not connect to the internet anywhere other than the main lobby. We asked about it at the front desk, but there was nothing they did.

Room Tip: Get above the first floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. The Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, Herndon is a 100% smoke-free property. Because of great feedback from guest like you, we have also designated exterior non-smoking areas to prevent inside odors on the first floor. We are conveniently located 6 miles from the airport providing lodging for; corporate, tour, social, leisure and government travelers coming to the Dulles Corridor for short and long term stays. Safety has always been a priority for all of our guest and is something we review and monitor daily. We hope to see you again should your next field trip bring you back into the area.
Baltimore, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed at this Comfort Inn for one night. My experience was average, for a Comfort Inn. However, I got a great price; so, I have no complaints, related to the value.

The room is fairly large, and clean, with the normal amenities: working desk, flat screen TV, safe in room, and comfortable bed. They have renovated the bathrooms; so, this area looked completely new.

Check-in was a little slower than I would have liked - making a copy of my driver's license, talking to other guests, finding my room key, etc. But, overall, not too bad. They do provide a parking pass, for you to display on your car's dashboard or rear-view mirror.

The location, of the hotel, is fairly central to the town of Herndon, VA. Many dining establishments are nearby, along with a fair share of shopping centers (on Elden Street). All of them are within a 5-10 min driving distance. They provide a shuttle to the airport (I did not use it). Schedules for the shuttle are posted at the front desk.

The breakfast was very good - waffles, cereal, bagels, muffins, eggs, yogurt, orange and apple juice, along with a few other items. The breakfast area was crowded, with a lot of families; so, I brought my breakfast to my room.

All in all, it was excellent value for the money and I would not hesitate staying here again, for a similar price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, Herndon. We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. It is our mission to offer great service and value to our guest. Your comments will be shared with staff so that we may continue to excel in customer satisfaction. Please keep us in mind when returning to the Dulles Airport area.

Been to Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!