“General Review” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Richmond, Virginia
“General Review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Went to meet business associate for general meeting and found quiet, professional, and clean setting.

As always, found the usual professional setting. The staff and atmosphere were courteous. Comfort Inn is a good value and good locations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I arrived at this hotel for a nine day stay. I was first impressed with the warm and inviting lobby. When we first arrived we were greeted by a very friendly front desk staff.
The General Manager, Evie Davidson even took time to chat with me. The free breakfast is a treat! Delicious coffee and waffles. The hotel is very accommodating with nearby restaurants, retail shops and just about anything you may need. Many times when I came in contact with the maintenance crew, the maid service, and the ladies in the breakfast area, they were all very nice.
The room and bed were very comfortable with all of the extras.
Enjoyed myself and look forward to another visit. This hotel is, MY HOME AWAY FROM HOME!!

Mariyn Banks, Waco, TX

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I'm excited and pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! The team and I thank you for your wonderful comments and taking time to share your experience. Our doors are always open and we look forward to your return visit.
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Needed a hotel for a night after losing power during the recent storm that wiped out power to the area. Despite being completely full and the phone ringing off the hook when we walked in, the gentleman at the front desk was extremely courteous and very friendly - he was efficient and had us checked in quickly. The hotel's public spaces are showing their age but the rooms have been renovated fairly recently and are in good shape. The bathroom was modern, renovated and clean and the room was comfortable over all.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Herndon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

It was Comfort Inn's Manager, Denise, who was most helpful, kind and accommodating! We needed to have an early check in on May 18th (with our dog), due to work on the house, during which time we needed to be out! Denise immediately took care of our needs in this regard quite willingly and with total understanding of the situation. The other employees were equally kind and accommodating during our brief stay.

Unfortunately, just 12 days later, when we again needed to have an early check-in (May 30th), I was told that the general manager, Evie, no longer permits the manager to have the authority to book early check ins without Evie's approval. Due to a busy schedule, Denise was unable to find the time to speak Evie to get her permission for our early check in. And we were blatantly told to find another hotel.

And so I did just that, at the pet-friendly Extended Stay America (1021 Elden Street, Herndon, VA), with no problems whatsoever. Their reservations agent was not limited in his ability to accommodate our requirement. Thank you, Extended Stay America, for coming through !

Room Tip: This isn't about choosing a good room, but still potentially good info to have as this was part...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
CIHerndon, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. My apologies that your early check-in was not accommodated on your return visit. In addition, we will as a team address our communication to guest when early check-in is not possible due to high occupancy levels the night before and check-out not required until 12:00 Noon. I'm pleased that you found everything else enjoyable with your initial visit to the hotel and hope to have an opportunity welcoming you back.
Redmond, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I landed at the Dulles Airport at 7 am while my check-in at this hotel was only after 3 pm per the usual rules. However, I made a quick call to the front desk and she helped in sending transport to pick us up (my 12-year-old was along with me). When I asked the courteous lady if I could actually check-in earlier, she told me she would need 30 minutes to prepare the room. In the meanwhile she asked us to have breakfast! After a red-eye flight all the way from Seattle, this sounded like heaven!

We had a sumptuous breakfast (the usual stuff - pancakes, yoghurt, fruits, coffee, bread etc...) and as we were finishing up, this lady (I am so sorry that I cannot recollect her name!) walked up to our table and handed over the key. The room was clean and so was the bath. Both of us simply crashed (our business was only later in the day). Post the rejuvenating nap and a nice bath later, she helped us again to go to the airport (had to go to receive my mom who was flying in). The lady was extremely helpful with what to see in Washington and we took her suggestion too.

I found the internet speed was reasonably good and best was the hotel's short distance to the airport. It is also close to the other nearby places and good for walking around.

My only grouse was the pillows - I am not used to square pillows though they were soft and comfortable. I wanted to ask for an exchange to the rectangle ones but was too tired!

Overall, the hotel is comfortable for a good stay for a typical business trip. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
CIHerndon, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Thank you for a very flattering review. Being an airport property, the team understands how necessary it is for some travelers to check-in before the usual 3pm time period. I'm glad that we were able to make this an enjoyable visit to Herndon/Dulles area. Please visit us again soon.
São Paulo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

This Comfort Inn is conveniently located for Washington Dulles Airport and is near several shopping areas/strip malls. Front desk friendly, room as expected - did the trick for day use. There is free breakfast, although I did not ckeck it out. Recommended as a base for a short stay or a fallback for flight delays/cancellations out of IAD

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your support and acknowledging the hotel's flexibility to accommodate airport travelers with extended layovers. I'm confident upon your next visit you will find our complimentary Full American breakfast equally satisfying. We hope to see you soon.
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Nice room, good service, friendly staff. Hotel is within easy walking distance to several restaurants. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
CIHerndon, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Thank you for choosing our location and sharing your feedback. We're glad that we were able to meet your expectations and hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston
Hyatt House Herndon
Hyatt House Herndon
#9 of 20 in Herndon
4.5 of 5 stars 143 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!