“Solid value, convenient location and friendly front desk” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
USA
“Solid value, convenient location and friendly front desk”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Needed a hotel for a night after losing power during the recent storm that wiped out power to the area. Despite being completely full and the phone ringing off the hook when we walked in, the gentleman at the front desk was extremely courteous and very friendly - he was efficient and had us checked in quickly. The hotel's public spaces are showing their age but the rooms have been renovated fairly recently and are in good shape. The bathroom was modern, renovated and clean and the room was comfortable over all.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Herndon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

It was Comfort Inn's Manager, Denise, who was most helpful, kind and accommodating! We needed to have an early check in on May 18th (with our dog), due to work on the house, during which time we needed to be out! Denise immediately took care of our needs in this regard quite willingly and with total understanding of the situation. The other employees were equally kind and accommodating during our brief stay.

Unfortunately, just 12 days later, when we again needed to have an early check-in (May 30th), I was told that the general manager, Evie, no longer permits the manager to have the authority to book early check ins without Evie's approval. Due to a busy schedule, Denise was unable to find the time to speak Evie to get her permission for our early check in. And we were blatantly told to find another hotel.

And so I did just that, at the pet-friendly Extended Stay America (1021 Elden Street, Herndon, VA), with no problems whatsoever. Their reservations agent was not limited in his ability to accommodate our requirement. Thank you, Extended Stay America, for coming through !

Room Tip: This isn't about choosing a good room, but still potentially good info to have as this was part...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
CIHerndon, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. My apologies that your early check-in was not accommodated on your return visit. In addition, we will as a team address our communication to guest when early check-in is not possible due to high occupancy levels the night before and check-out not required until 12:00 Noon. I'm pleased that you found everything else enjoyable with your initial visit to the hotel and hope to have an opportunity welcoming you back.
Redmond, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I landed at the Dulles Airport at 7 am while my check-in at this hotel was only after 3 pm per the usual rules. However, I made a quick call to the front desk and she helped in sending transport to pick us up (my 12-year-old was along with me). When I asked the courteous lady if I could actually check-in earlier, she told me she would need 30 minutes to prepare the room. In the meanwhile she asked us to have breakfast! After a red-eye flight all the way from Seattle, this sounded like heaven!

We had a sumptuous breakfast (the usual stuff - pancakes, yoghurt, fruits, coffee, bread etc...) and as we were finishing up, this lady (I am so sorry that I cannot recollect her name!) walked up to our table and handed over the key. The room was clean and so was the bath. Both of us simply crashed (our business was only later in the day). Post the rejuvenating nap and a nice bath later, she helped us again to go to the airport (had to go to receive my mom who was flying in). The lady was extremely helpful with what to see in Washington and we took her suggestion too.

I found the internet speed was reasonably good and best was the hotel's short distance to the airport. It is also close to the other nearby places and good for walking around.

My only grouse was the pillows - I am not used to square pillows though they were soft and comfortable. I wanted to ask for an exchange to the rectangle ones but was too tired!

Overall, the hotel is comfortable for a good stay for a typical business trip. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
CIHerndon, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Thank you for a very flattering review. Being an airport property, the team understands how necessary it is for some travelers to check-in before the usual 3pm time period. I'm glad that we were able to make this an enjoyable visit to Herndon/Dulles area. Please visit us again soon.
São Paulo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

This Comfort Inn is conveniently located for Washington Dulles Airport and is near several shopping areas/strip malls. Front desk friendly, room as expected - did the trick for day use. There is free breakfast, although I did not ckeck it out. Recommended as a base for a short stay or a fallback for flight delays/cancellations out of IAD

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your support and acknowledging the hotel's flexibility to accommodate airport travelers with extended layovers. I'm confident upon your next visit you will find our complimentary Full American breakfast equally satisfying. We hope to see you soon.
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Nice room, good service, friendly staff. Hotel is within easy walking distance to several restaurants. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
CIHerndon, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Thank you for choosing our location and sharing your feedback. We're glad that we were able to meet your expectations and hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

An otherwise decent hotel is marred by non-existent soundproofing between rooms and terrible Internet connectivity. My neighbour's phone conversations were so clear that I had to suppress the urge to participate, and from the bleeps and occasional curse, I could tell he wasn't doing too well at Angry Birds. I transferred rooms, but the newer room was no different. The high-speed Internet was terrible: when it worked, it was sluggish.

My rooms had a fridge, which could have been handy. You have to pay a small fee to use the in-room safe. The rooms were spacious. The staff were courteous. I was attending a conference in nearby Reston, which was a pleasant enough 20 minute walk.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience. We realize the importance of the free wireless high-speed internet access feature offered to our guest and encourage them to utilize the 24/7 toll-free number listed in each room that is able to address any questions or concerns. My apologies that the change in rooms did not eliminate the two items mentioned. Again, thank you for your feedback and choosing our location. We look forward to your return.
VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

I got a good deal on this hotel online and stayed for one evening. From the outside as i pulled up, i was a bit disappointed. I barely realized it was a hotel here if not for the sign, the exterior almost looks like a brick office building. The service was average and the room was actually pretty nicely appointed, clean and comfortable. The location was great right off the major roadways and in the middle of the Reston shopping district. Only negative comment was i needed to remind the front desk that my reservation allowed for 2pm checkout twice (they called my room around 12:30 asking when I planned to checkout), otherwise it was a good stay.

Got a good night's rest here. Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us and sharing with reader's the treasure that lies inside the brick building. We enjoy being able to offer guest special promotions which include late check-outs and will ensure details are communicated more effectively to team. Please remember the Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport hotel when returning to the area.

Been to Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!