“Good Value/Convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Good Value/Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Nice room, good service, friendly staff. Hotel is within easy walking distance to several restaurants. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
CIHerndon, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Thank you for choosing our location and sharing your feedback. We're glad that we were able to meet your expectations and hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

An otherwise decent hotel is marred by non-existent soundproofing between rooms and terrible Internet connectivity. My neighbour's phone conversations were so clear that I had to suppress the urge to participate, and from the bleeps and occasional curse, I could tell he wasn't doing too well at Angry Birds. I transferred rooms, but the newer room was no different. The high-speed Internet was terrible: when it worked, it was sluggish.

My rooms had a fridge, which could have been handy. You have to pay a small fee to use the in-room safe. The rooms were spacious. The staff were courteous. I was attending a conference in nearby Reston, which was a pleasant enough 20 minute walk.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
CIHerndon, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience. We realize the importance of the free wireless high-speed internet access feature offered to our guest and encourage them to utilize the 24/7 toll-free number listed in each room that is able to address any questions or concerns. My apologies that the change in rooms did not eliminate the two items mentioned. Again, thank you for your feedback and choosing our location. We look forward to your return.
VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

I got a good deal on this hotel online and stayed for one evening. From the outside as i pulled up, i was a bit disappointed. I barely realized it was a hotel here if not for the sign, the exterior almost looks like a brick office building. The service was average and the room was actually pretty nicely appointed, clean and comfortable. The location was great right off the major roadways and in the middle of the Reston shopping district. Only negative comment was i needed to remind the front desk that my reservation allowed for 2pm checkout twice (they called my room around 12:30 asking when I planned to checkout), otherwise it was a good stay.

Got a good night's rest here. Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us and sharing with reader's the treasure that lies inside the brick building. We enjoy being able to offer guest special promotions which include late check-outs and will ensure details are communicated more effectively to team. Please remember the Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport hotel when returning to the area.
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

Spent three nights in mid-January on a Hotwire reservation so the price was very reasonable.
Shuttle to and from the airport works well between 5a and 11p.
Hotel is clean, staff are friendly and complimentary breakfast was as expected - very similar to Holiday Inn Express.
A very small fitness center and business center is provided.
Location is about 5 miles from Dulles Airport and there are many strip malls nearby. Within walking distance is a pleasant Italian restaurant and an Outback restaurant.

Room Tip: Not so sure there is a "good room". All rooms face either the front parking lot or the bac...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay. I'm delighted that our location was able to meet all of your needs while in Herndon/Dulles area. Our location is ideal for travelers looking for a location close to the airport but also walking distance to; dining, shops, ATM and much more. We look forward to welcoming you back on hopefully a return visit.
Strasburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for one night at the beginning of our honeymoon as part of the park and fly package out of Dulles.

The room was clean and was actually a good size. I thought the bed was comfortable. We arrived Sunday afternoon. Enjoyed dinner at Outback (it's right next door). The shuttle bus was waiting for us the next morning at 5am to take us to the airport. Upon return we had to take a cab back to the hotel because the shuttle doesn't run after 11pm I believe. But that was expected so it wasn't a problem.

All in all, it met our needs. Our car was in the same condition we left it and we saved money compared to parking at the airport. The room was a bit pricey but made our trip a lot easier.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Congratulations on your nuptials! Thank you for allowing us to be part of such a memorable occasion and we hope to see you on a return visit when traveling through the Dulles area.
Phoenix
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

Typical Comfort Inn from the outside - HORRIBLE on the inside! There were hairs in my bed, dead bugs on the bathroom floor, rude front desk staff (the one guy was actually sitting on the side of the front desk counter talking to the front desk girl. I stood at the front for what felt like forever until they finally finished their conversation and acknowledged me), old, musty hallways and rooms. I asked to be moved but the staff said they were booked --I didn't see one other guest while I was there. I ended up leaving without staying overnight and this dump can keep its $90. Maybe they can use it toward a dust buster. I wouldn't even give this one full star if that were possible. Stay far, FAR away!!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
BERLIN, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Disliked--Dirty coffee pot and used coffee pod in coffee maker basket. Unfortunantly that set the pace and mood for my stay in this hotel. I would not want to pay to stay at this hotel.
It is an older property so be prepared for that. My opinion is that the whole place could use an update.

Liked--Location, less than 3 miles from my aunts. Staff was kind and efficient. Easy check-in and out. Breakfast was ok ,.Loved the price, it was free, I used Choice Privileges points. Glad I did not have to pay for my stay at this location.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
CIHerndon, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn Dulles while traveling to the DC Metro area. We are always looking for ways to improve guest satisfaction, especially with our Choice Privileges members by offering; in-room welcome amenity, late check-out and complimentary upgrades (based on availability) - no request required at check-in. As we continue to be proactive in our travelers needs, I hope you will take advantage of all the special perks available to you when staying at our location with a return visit.

Been to Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!