“Stay far, FAR away!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Phoenix
“Stay far, FAR away!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

Typical Comfort Inn from the outside - HORRIBLE on the inside! There were hairs in my bed, dead bugs on the bathroom floor, rude front desk staff (the one guy was actually sitting on the side of the front desk counter talking to the front desk girl. I stood at the front for what felt like forever until they finally finished their conversation and acknowledged me), old, musty hallways and rooms. I asked to be moved but the staff said they were booked --I didn't see one other guest while I was there. I ended up leaving without staying overnight and this dump can keep its $90. Maybe they can use it toward a dust buster. I wouldn't even give this one full star if that were possible. Stay far, FAR away!!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
BERLIN, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Disliked--Dirty coffee pot and used coffee pod in coffee maker basket. Unfortunantly that set the pace and mood for my stay in this hotel. I would not want to pay to stay at this hotel.
It is an older property so be prepared for that. My opinion is that the whole place could use an update.

Liked--Location, less than 3 miles from my aunts. Staff was kind and efficient. Easy check-in and out. Breakfast was ok ,.Loved the price, it was free, I used Choice Privileges points. Glad I did not have to pay for my stay at this location.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
CIHerndon, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn Dulles while traveling to the DC Metro area. We are always looking for ways to improve guest satisfaction, especially with our Choice Privileges members by offering; in-room welcome amenity, late check-out and complimentary upgrades (based on availability) - no request required at check-in. As we continue to be proactive in our travelers needs, I hope you will take advantage of all the special perks available to you when staying at our location with a return visit.
Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

I arrived late to find the lobby had been closed up for the evening, and there was no late check-in box for me... after several calls to the empty front office, the weekend manager finally answered and chided me for not having a good credit card on file. I apologized and let him know the card was fine, but he had never called me to let me know there had been a problem with the card before canceling my reservation. He said, "Well let me come out there and see if maybe we have a room for you." He then chided me more for not having a good card, as he searched to find a room. There was one available, the reg card already done for me. He swiped my card, gave me my keys, and sent me on my way (I thought), but had not actually swiped my card. I had to go back down to get it and have him swipe it. He was very apathetic and never apologetic about the problem, and more than once made me feel like it was my fault he didn't let me know there was a problem. The really irritating part: I'm a night auditor at another hotel under the same company ownership. If he treats a fellow employee this way, how is he treating customers in similar situations who DON'T know how hotels work?

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

Free hourly shuttle to airport; airport to hotel upon request.
Large room, with 2 quuen sized beds.
Old TV, could be better.
Typical Comfort Inn breakfast, with the waffle maker and only boiled eggs, etc.
K mart, ABC Liquor mart, other shops and restaurants nearby, so quite convenient.
Would return, but hope they improve the TV before that.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
DomenicVadala, Manager at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with our team and future potential guest. The Comfort Inn Herndon takes great pride in ensuring that we stay current on the needs of our travelers. As of June 1, 2011, we now offer a complimentary hot breakfast each morning which includes; scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, hot & cold cereals, pastries, bread items, and assorted beverages. In addition, 75% of our in-room amenity upgrade program is completed that focuses on TV's, safes, bedding, etc. I'm sure that you will be pleased with the new direction. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to your return visit.
near albany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

Recently stayed here alone while a friend was at the Reston Hospital (it is less than a mile from the hospital). I was pleasantly surprised; the hotel's public areas were spotless as was my room. The bed was very comfortable with lots of good pillows. The room was nicely appointed with a safe and a refrigerator - it's not the Ritz but for a Comfort Inn, it was really very nice (I paid $89/night). I didn't check in until 11:30 pm and was thrilled to find the small Italian restaurant next door was willing to serve me even though they had technically closed. The food was delicious and they were very kind. There is also an Outback restaurant next to the hotel. The staff at the hotel was very professional, polite and friendly. There is a computer located in the lobby which I used to print my boarding pass. There is a small weight room located on the second floor which looked fine. Breakfast was included in my room rate; it was fine. The breakfast area was clean with the usual fare: toast, hard boiled eggs, pastries, yogurt, cereal, waffles, apples/oranges, juice and coffee. Plenty of free parking. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you needed to stay in Reston.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. The Hotel partners with area; restaurants, attractions and even Washington Dulles International Airport affiliates who also have an understanding of the importance of excellent customer service. As of June 1, 2011, we now offer a complimentary hot breakfast each morning which includes; scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, hot & cold cereals, fresh fruit, pastries, bread items and assorted beverages. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to your return visit.
Virginia Beach, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

All 11 of us were VERY impressed! Clean rooms and hotel, very helpful staff, good breakfast, park- sleep- fly option worked wonderfully, good rate, and shuttle to and from the airport!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with our team and future potential guest. We believe the "Park-Sleep-Fly" package is the best unkept secret the Comfort Inn Herndon has and we are glad the word is getting around. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to your return visit.
North Wales, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

Booked this hotel for 2 nights as it was assigned from a soccer tournament and we had no choice. It was over $100 per night and I have to say the competitive hotels other teams stayed at were reportedly much nicer and for less money. The room condition was shabby and my room was right next to the elevator. There was also a transformer or something mechanical directly under our room with vibrated the floor and hummed constantly. The staff were in casual clothes and looked very unprofessional. I also asked for a wakeup call and reminded the operator about daylight savings. The call never came. I had a backup alarm just in case. We will likely be back for more soccer next year but I will make sure to ask that we not be assigned that hotel. I travel for work quite often and I have to say, if I was by myself on business, I would have been very vocal about my complaints. Having a group with me, I decided to leave it be and get out as soon as possible.

• Stayed March 2011
DomenicVadala, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, April 4, 2011
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport. On behalf of our General Manager and our entire staff, I certainly do apologize about the circumstances surrounding your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure comfort and satisfaction for all of our guests, and it appears that we fell short of that goal in this instance. I fully understand the value of a wake-up call, as well as the fact that our error in setting that up for you could have potentially caused you inconvenience. Again, I sincerely apologize that we were unable to deliver upon your request in this instance. We do however appreciate your feedback, as it is very valuable to us. Thank you again for your patronage at the Comfort Inn Dulles Airport, as well as for taking the time to let us know how we’re doing.

Been to Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!