“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 20 hotels in Herndon
Wellington, Kansas
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

I travel alot for business, I'm a top tier card holder at several hotel chain's. I travel all over the world and this hotel is at the top of the list,great place great staff. The nly thing that could been better is the bathroom is a little small the rest of the room was very spacious.
Thanks to everyone

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
esdullesairport, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, December 27, 2010
Dear melaniejajac,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed staying at our hotel. We look forward to serving as your hosts again very soon.

Enjoy the holidays.

Jon Kranock - General Manager

392 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

The service was professional, and welcoming. Had a weekend package that included tickets for the IMAX at the National Air and Space Museum - Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center. Upon arrival, they did not have them ready. However, the Front Desk told us to bring back the receipt and they would reimburse us immediately. As promised they did...in cash! Our suite was clean and comfortable. The hot "made to order" breakfast was delicious and fresh. The indoor pool and whirlpool was clean. It even had a Lifeguard! My young daughter was thrilled to feed George and Martha (the Royal Swans). I would definitely return to this location.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Dear gomummy,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to let us know you enjoy staying at our hotel. We so glad you enjoyed the Air & Space Museum package. The exhibits at the museum are truly amazing.

We look forward to serving as your hosts again very soon.

Enjoy the holidays.

Jon Kranock - General Manager
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

the first room we were given smelled like bad B O. The second room had a dirty toilet. The lady at the front was not helpful and not friendly. The worse part is it took forever for the shuttle. First we were told we had to call to ask him to come get us at the airport ten minutes away and when we did it took the driver 45 minutes. The only saving grace was the helpful gentleman and free drinks during happy hour.

• Stayed September 2010
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010 via mobile

The Embassy Suites is always my first choice because of the awesome cook to order breakfast and the free reception every day for 2 hours. What more can you ask for? The Embassy Suites in Herndon is close to my job so it's very convenient. The service is above and beyond. From the managers to the breakfast employees they can really give other hotels a lesson on how to treat guests. I had no complaints room. It was super clean and smelled fresh.

• Stayed August 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

I flew in from the West Coast for business on a Monday night and arrive at the hotel by 10pm. I specifically requested that my travel agent find a hotel with a refrigerator and location close to my work location since my child was traveling with me. We checked in got a room in the corner and the refrigerator was broken. The front desk changed my room. The second room, again in a corner, had a working refigerator, but my child immediately noticed there were stains on the comforters (double beds). Closer inspection revealed not only were there stained comforters, the sheets were threadbare and had holes in them. I went down to the front desk, where they apologized and security brought me a change of sheets (no housekeeping on staff at 11pm). The replacement sheets were also threadbare with holes. At $170 per night, I was completely insensed that I had to spend the night uncomfortable with sheets I wouldn't keep in my own house. Having a swan sitting in the hotel courtyard lagoon doesn't make the hotel outstanding. How about focusing on making the rooms more than below expectations? I checked out the following morning and went to a Marriott which exceeded my expectations at the same price.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Niagara Falls, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

I'm a finicky traveler, and I have to say that this hotel was one of the nicest I've stayed in, including some posh resorts. What makes the difference is the incredibly personal service that we enjoyed during our stay. From the GM, Jon, on down. . everyone was genuinely happy and incredibly friendly and personable. It was almost like you were guests in their home. The cooked-to-order breakfast was amazing--all served with a friendly smile, as was the manager reception each evening. The pool was enjoyable (or so our 8 year old informed me--I didn't get a chance to go in). The shuttle driver was kind enough to get my husband to his training location when needed, freeing up our car so that the kids and I could play tourist (he was their for business, we joined him). The front desk was great in providing us directions and tips. Both children delighted in invitations from the managers to feed the elegant swans that grace the lobby--George and Martha. And by the end of our visit, the swans recognized our kids, too.

Our rooms we nice and clean--well as clean as the staff could get them once we unpacked all the stuff my kids brought. ;-) But we had fresh towels when needed, the bed was comfy. There was a microwave, fridge and drawers large enough to hold snacks and beverages. Two large TVs. The AC had some moments but nothing too dramatic--this was not a hotel issue though, as this was the result of a major storm that hit just before we arrived causing widespread power outages throughout VA and MD. Even at that, the staff kept things as smooth as possible during the generator time and later as they repaired things impacted by the original loss of power.

Overall--if you're in the Fairfax area and are looking for a hotel to stay at that has wonderful service, I'd recommend this Embassy Suite.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Ft. Worth, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

The reviews are mostly wrong on this one, except for the part about the swans needing to be released. Check in was terribly slow with only one person working the desk. The room is VERY dated with a terrible musty smell. The light in my bathroom didn't work and when I called the front desk, he said he would send someone right up. That didn't happen. I gathered my things to go back down to the front desk where I was assigned another room. I came back to the room and the musty smell was just as terrible. The first thing I wanted to turn on was the desk light and both bulbs were burned out. (Also cracks in the old lamp shade). Stains on the carpet...I will not ever stay here again despite the fact that I like Embassy Suite hotels. NOT THIS ONE!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!