“Like any ordinary hotel stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park, Stay & Go
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Like any ordinary hotel stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Have stayed in this hotel at least twice, on trips to D.C.

Hotel met expectations. Check-in was smooth and room had all amenities. We had the premium floor, up on 6, so the suites were quite large. Smooth night and wonderful breakfast, with tasty cooked-to-order omelettes. The bacon is quite salty though.

They also have 2 graceful swans in a pool there, named George and Martha. Map of the surrounding area available at front desk. Recommend if staying in the D.C. area as it is far away enough to avoid all the hassle but close enough to be only a quick drive away.

The only blemish about our stay was that one of the elevators was out of order.

Room Tip: Highest floor (premium) is the most quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

I would like to personally "Thank You" for the great feedback! We truly value your business! I see that you reserved one of our Premium Suites on the 6th floor! I am glad to see that everything went well during your visit to our hotel. I will make sure to notify our F&B Manager regarding the salty bacon to have this corrected. Lastly, I do apologize for the malfunction with the second elevator as this was resolved promptly.

We do hope that you choose our Embassy for future stays in the Dulles Corridor.

Luis Kuglitsch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Our family went to the Washington DC area to celebrate my wife's birthday. We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Herndon, VA. We met other guests at the hotel as our stay began. We repeatedly heard about how well they were treated and how great the hotel staff was. As our stay progressed, we found what others said was true. Everyone was extremely kind and looked for ways to make our trip more enjoyable.
My back has not fully healed from a recent accident. I had difficulty sleeping and went to the lobby very early in the morning. Adel, the night reception agent, saw that I was in pain and did all he could to make me more comfortable and even brought me a cup of coffee.
Our younger children are often picky eaters. Their made-to-order breakfast omelet pleased them immensely. These are two examples of the type and quality of service we received. Thank you all. You made us feel like family.

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for the amazing 5-Star review!!! It's always a treat for us to hear how great of stay our guests are having! I am very happy to see that Adel our Night Auditor went above and beyond! We will make sure that we commend him on his service delivery! I am glad to hear that you little ones enjoyed the breakfast as well. It is a plus to Stay with Embassy as you cannot go wrong with all of the amazing amenities that our Brand provides.

We hope to see you again soon!

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We were in the area for a meeting and decided to try the Embassy Suites for a change. The hotel is all that you expect from the Embassy Suites. The breakfast was especially good.

I was super impressed with the helpfulness of the staff. There was some very bad weather in the area the day we arrived and we were searching for a covered place to park our car. The front desk clerk called area shopping centers to see if there was a parking garage in which we could park our car. She found us a great place to park and then called to let us know that she had done this for us. I would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest:

I would personally like to "Thank you" for the great recommendation! I am glad to hear that you tried our hotel for a change and that we made your stay a great one! Also, thank you for the nice feedback on our staff members. Our number #1 goal is service! You can always count on us at the Embassy Suites Dulles.

We hope to have you stay with us again during your next trip to the Dulles Corridor!

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

This hotel has surpassed all my expectations!. It is extremely clean and comfortable! I could stay here indefinitely. The room I stayed in was decorated so tastefully, and the furniture was in perfect condition. My daughter was delighted by the swans in the lobby. We visited them several times a day! We also enjoyed the poo,l and the lifeguard was very helpful and amiable. We ordered room service and thought the food was delicious. However, my favorite meal is their complementary made to order breakfast! They also host a complementary happy hour everyday that we enjoyed. The most impressive thing is their staff! All the staff that we encountered was helpful, courteous and very pleasant. We will definitely recommend this hotel and come back again ourselves!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

We would like to "Thank you" for your valuable feedback and awesome 5 Star Review!!!

I am glad to hear that your family truly enjoyed the hotel along with the great amenities that we have to offer liked the cooked to order breakfast as well as with the evening reception!!!

The Swans are always a hit with the children so coming to our Embassy is also a nice treat for the kids! We do hope to see you again soon!

Take care,

Richmond, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

The hotel was clean, quiet, and very comfortable. Great location, breakfast, and indoor pool, friendly staff - a great value. and our son LOVED the swan in the lobby!! We would definitely stay here again. Looking forward to a return visit to go to the Udvar museum.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Valued Guest:

I would like to personally "Thank you" for the 5 Star Review!!!

We truly appreciate your feedback and we are happy to know that you enjoyed the hotel along with the great amenities that we have to offer. I will make sure to share your great experience with our staff members. I am delighted to hear that you son really like our Swans, George and Martha. We do hope that you and your family visit us again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Excellent hotel and service. Great location, Breakfast outstanding and made to order. Hotel staff excellent. There was a slight delay in room being ready but it was taken care of in a reasonable amount of time.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

lkuglitsch, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback and amazing 5 Star Review!!! I am glad to hear that the stay was so fabulous. I do apologize for the wait on your suite and do hope this did not inconvenience you. We hope to see you again soon!

Once again, Thank you for choosing our Embassy Suites!!!

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I ended up staying here while in transit at the Dulles Airport. It turned out to be cheaper than the other Hilton chain properties. I did not find anything worth complaining, except that I found this place somewhat poorly lit and with bad sunlight characteristics. There is a captive lonely royal swan in the little lobby lake. The property is situated next to a strip mall with quite a few dining options. The restaurant on site is not great. Housekeeping is a bit inadequate. The shuttle service is prompt. The wifi works well only in patches. The TV is really big. Overall, I would stay here again if necessary

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest:

I would like to "Thank you" for your honest feedback. We greatly appreciate the recommendation. I am apologetic for the few items that you brought up which made your stay inadequate. I will make sure to share these with our Department Managers as we could improve in the few area's mentioned. We do hope that you give us another try during your next visit to the Dulles Corridor. We will make sure to revisit the few opportunities which you have mentioned.

Luis Kuglitsch

Been to Embassy Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!