“Embassy Suites Hotel that fails to live up to their standards” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park, Stay & Go
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
“Embassy Suites Hotel that fails to live up to their standards”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Numerous issues with the hotel and room. Lazy room service (bathroom tub had soap film, toilet had stains on floor behind it, towels not replaced consistently, coffee K-cups not replaced consistently, hot breakfast bar missing several mornings, dirty table at dinner). Need I go on? For the money, stay elsewhere. A shame as Embassy Suites are usually much better than this.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

lkuglitsch, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your honest feedback. I am very apologetic for the unsatisfactory stay with us. This is not how we service our guests at Embassy Dulles and I am very sorry for the inconsistency with your stay. I have made our housekeeping manager aware of this issue to take corrective action.

Please give me a call directly at-703-464-4430.

Luis Kuglitsch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We stayed here for a night. Staff was great throughout and the room was clean. However, we usually stay at the Embassy Suites in Tysons Corner/Vienna which is better, but also more $. This hotel in Herndon seemed like it needed some updating... it has a slightly shabby feel to it. Also, breakfast did not have as much variety as the Vienna location. Quality was not as good either. Same thing with the evening snacks - the drinks were definitely cheaper quality than other hotels we've experienced. So you get what you pay for! Despite these differences, it was a pleasant enough stay since we only had to spend one night there. I'd rather stay at the Vienna location.

The swans were a big hit with my kids! I wondered though if it's a good idea to keep these beautiful swans indoors in a such a small area surrounded by lights and noise.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I greatly appreciate your feedback and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I have brought up your concerns to our Food & Beverage Director with making sure the breakfast and evening reception offerings are enhanced. We are typically complimented on our breakfast and evening reception as frequent guests stay at all 3 nearby Embassy's. I will make certain that this one time occurence gets resolved immediately. We do hope that you give us another try and I will guarantee you a better outcome!

Please give me a call prior to your next visit to the Dulles Corridor. I can be reached at 703-464-4430.

Haverhill, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

This was by far the best hotel I have ever stayed at! The service was exceptional. The entire staff was very professional, friendly, and helpful. The food was excellent. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We were there for a softball tournament, and in the past we've received attitudes toward the team from other hotels despite the great behavior from the team. Not so here. Our girls loved the staff and appreciated the help they received from them. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

We greatly appreciate the 5-Star Trip Advisor Review and great recommendation! Glad to hear that our team serviced your softball team so well. I will make sure to share this with my team. We hope to see you and the group back at our Embassy Suites Dulles again soon!

Take care,

Yelm, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I've been going to Emabssy Suites chain hotels for the past 14 years and I have never seen a pool lifeguard until I went to this one. I was pleasantly surprised. He introduced himself to everyone and even gave pool toys and life jackets to any kids that were in and around the pool area. It was wonderful! The staff as always were very friendly and helpful but the pool guy (Mr. Charles) makes that place shine like gold. Food,excellent. Not a long line for breakfast,so it doesnt feel like you're standing in line at disney world waiting to get food. Rooms,clean and big as always. They even have swans in the middle of the hotel instead of koi fish like the other Embassy suites. Nice touch. I've felt like I've found a little hidden resort instead of a regular ES. I can't wait to get back here and stay again.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with Embassy Suites because all the rooms are suites. Large livingroom with a fol...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

I would personally like to "Thank you" for not only your 5 Star Review but also for the great recommedation and nice gesture made for Charles our lif guard! I am very happy to hear that he provided yoru kids with pool toys to play with during your swim with your little ones. I am also happy to hear that your truly enjoyed the facility and amenity that the hotel has to offer!

Glad to hear that your family enjoyed the swans in our swan pond! We do hope to see you folks again soon!

Take care,

Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The room was very spacious. However the AC was working very hard and not cooling very well. Also the door to the bedroom was hard to open and close and very loud when doing so. The sliding door to the bathroom was also difficult to operate. One elevator was out out of order during part of our stay.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The swans in the lobby provide entertainment for children but I feel sorry for them because their environment is so small.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are more spacious.
Green Features: Did not see recycling containers. Would like to have one in the room.
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your nice feedback as we grealty appreciate it! I am saddened to hear that your suite was not up to par. I apologize for any disruption this may have caused and do hope that you were able to have this corrected when notifying our front desk. I will make sure to follow up with our maintenance team on this. We hope that this will not steer you away from choosing our hotel in the future as this is not your typical stay for our hotel.

Thank you for your feedback!!!

Wise, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I spent three nights at this hotel in mid-July 2014. The staff was great very friendly and helpful. Check in was painless, the room was very clean and comfortable. The pool attendant was very patient and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel to any one travelling through the Dulles/DC area on Business or Pleasure.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the great 5 Star Review!!! Also, nice recommendation! Glad to hear that you truly enjoyed the amenities and the suite our hotel has to offer.

We do hope to see you back soon!!!

Saarbrucken, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Also this hotel which belongs to the Hilton Group has its plus and minus. I was staying two nights here and before the night in the Hyatt Dulles Airport close by. I would prefer this hotel though slightly over the Hyatt Dulles.

Plus
+ Very friendly staff
+ Very large and modern rooms with living room, small kitchen, microwave, Full HD TV
+ Second Full HD TV in the sleeping room (both rooms are separated by a door)
+ Bathroom clean
+ Excellent food - not world class but good
+ Very nice General Manager and FB Manager!
+ Shuttle is leaving every 30 min to airport and from airport. Driver very welcoming and friendly

Minus
- Internet is a nightmare slow and chargeable (Internet at Hayatt Dulles is super fast and free)
- Not even a single water bottle inside the room. Not even chargeable. You have to go to the reception.
- No vanity kid, toothbrush, shaver in the room but on request
- If you are used to Hilton Standard take care. This is 3* Hotel and it really is. Lovely but 3*. Just to mention it.
- I am not sure the Swans in the restaurant are feeling that well. Even they have a big area to look at.
- If you land early thats your problem. No early checkin (Hayatt Dulles was no problem. Room was ready at 08:00 hrs in the morning)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I really appreciate your feedback! I would like to "Thank you" for the recommendation and appreciate your the key points made on the pros and cons. We at the Embassy Dulles love to hear our guests feedback even if its not always great so it gives us a chance to improve and to step it up. I do apologize for the flaws with the internet, bottled water and no early check in. I did want to bring to your attention that we have looked into the internet issue which has been resolved. Also, the bottled water is provided to every Hilton Honors member upon check in and I do apologize if you are a member and did not receive one upon check in. On the early check in, we do allow early check ins, however it is soley based on availability. I do apologize that we were not able to get you in early. We do hope that the cons mentioned do not keep you from choosing our hotel in the future.

Luis Kuglitsch

Been to Embassy Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!