“Very nice staff and good food - big room” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park, Stay & Go
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Saarbrucken, Germany
“Very nice staff and good food - big room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Also this hotel which belongs to the Hilton Group has its plus and minus. I was staying two nights here and before the night in the Hyatt Dulles Airport close by. I would prefer this hotel though slightly over the Hyatt Dulles.

Plus
+ Very friendly staff
+ Very large and modern rooms with living room, small kitchen, microwave, Full HD TV
+ Second Full HD TV in the sleeping room (both rooms are separated by a door)
+ Bathroom clean
+ Excellent food - not world class but good
+ Very nice General Manager and FB Manager!
+ Shuttle is leaving every 30 min to airport and from airport. Driver very welcoming and friendly

Minus
- Internet is a nightmare slow and chargeable (Internet at Hayatt Dulles is super fast and free)
- Not even a single water bottle inside the room. Not even chargeable. You have to go to the reception.
- No vanity kid, toothbrush, shaver in the room but on request
- If you are used to Hilton Standard take care. This is 3* Hotel and it really is. Lovely but 3*. Just to mention it.
- I am not sure the Swans in the restaurant are feeling that well. Even they have a big area to look at.
- If you land early thats your problem. No early checkin (Hayatt Dulles was no problem. Room was ready at 08:00 hrs in the morning)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I really appreciate your feedback! I would like to "Thank you" for the recommendation and appreciate your the key points made on the pros and cons. We at the Embassy Dulles love to hear our guests feedback even if its not always great so it gives us a chance to improve and to step it up. I do apologize for the flaws with the internet, bottled water and no early check in. I did want to bring to your attention that we have looked into the internet issue which has been resolved. Also, the bottled water is provided to every Hilton Honors member upon check in and I do apologize if you are a member and did not receive one upon check in. On the early check in, we do allow early check ins, however it is soley based on availability. I do apologize that we were not able to get you in early. We do hope that the cons mentioned do not keep you from choosing our hotel in the future.

Luis Kuglitsch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Glen Allen, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I have grown very accustomed to staying at Embassy Suites. Typically, you really can't go wrong with this brand. Not saying that each one is perfect, because I have stayed at a couple that have had their fair share of issues. But, on an average I have not had any major issues. Take for instance the Embassy Suites Dulles Airport. I stayed here while attending a concert (BRUNO MARS ROCKS)! This is a very nice location. If you are traveling, it is not far from Dulles Airport at all. It is within minutes of Tysons Corner and other local attractions. There are many restaurants nearby. Fast food and full service. I was really surprised to see George & Martha, the swans that reside here. They are beautiful! This is the first time I stayed on the Premium floor. Very nice. The décor is a little more swank than the norm. They have a Keurig for those of you who like that hit of caffeine in the morning. The pool is a little small, but nice. The lobby is a little bigger than some of the other properties as well. Very nice during the Manager's reception. More choice of seating. One note on a staff member. From the moment I checked in to the moment I checked out, Yuri Leiva, the front desk customer service agent, greeted me with a smile and provided great service! I will stay here again!

Room Tip: Premium rooms are very spacious.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the awesome 5 Star Rating and extraordinary review!!!

I will make certain that I pass on your nice feedback to Yuri at our front desk and will commend her on it! Also, I am glad to hear that you personally think our Embassy is the best! We do take alot of pride in what we do and do provide Top notch service! You can always count on us! I'm glad that you enjoyed the Bruno Mars concert! We hope to see you again soon and once again, Thank you for the great recommendation!!!

San Diego, Venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I've been down to this hotel a few times with friends and every visit is great. The hotel is beautiful with its swans and large bamboo trees right in the main lobby. The staff are always very friendly and accommodating. The hotel is located within walking distance of a few restaurants and shops that are right down the road, or you could always order from the hotel itself; they also have a large breakfast menu which is great. The rooms are clean and the beds are nice. It's always a great stay and we will be visiting again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for the great feedback and awesome 5 Star Rating!!! I'm glad to know that you truly enjoyed your stay. We are a perfect location right near restaurants which are within walking distance and 15 minutes from the Dulles Mall. Glad to hear that you really enjoyed the service that we provide! We hope that you come back soon!

Crozet, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The rooms were clean and spacious - two separate areas for the adults and the kids. The interior hallways were visible from all spots, so we could see our children walking around the halls. That made it feel safe to give them a bit more freedom.
Breakfast was delicious and the lady making omelets was efficient and pleasant. The waitstaff were also pleasant and prompt in picking up dirty plates, one gentleman that was at breakfast yesterday morning, served room service last night and was here again this morning did a wonderful job [I could not see his name tag, but he was tall, maybe in his early fifties]. Pilar also did a good job this morning with cleaning the table as we finished with a plate.
Best of all was Mr. Charles at the swimming pool. He was great with the kids and informed them of the safety rules and was consistent and fair when the rules were broken and he followed through. It was wonderful to have a lifeguard on duty even though we still stayed with our children while they were swimming. We say Mr. Charles at Breakfast and he remembered the kids names and he also was talking with other people who had been at the pool the day before. It felt like he really cared. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor. We could not hear any noise above us or from the common areas on the m...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I would personally like to "Thank you" for the amazing feedback and awesome 5-Star review!!! I am glad to hear that you truly enjoyed the spacious two bedroom suites that we have to offer. The hotel is layed out very open which does make it safe for childer and female travelers. It was nice to hear that you commented on 3 of our fabulous employee's! I am excited to mention to them tha they made your stay a great one! Our hotel is very service focused and is all about what our guest need to make their stay even more enjoyable. Please let me know when you plan to make your next trip to Dulles and I will roll out the red carpet for the family!

Rotterdam, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Wonderful Hotel, great staff, great food and beautiful Swans in the lobby. I picked this hotel since I was stranded and always pick a Hilton Brand. Had Chicken Parm dinner and it was excellent. Great made to order breakfast and very comfortable bed.

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your great feedback and amazing 5 Star Review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Glad to know that you enjoyed the breakfast and Chicken Parm as it is a best seller. Also, thank you for the nice feedback on our Royal Swans- George and Martha as they are the beautiful royal swans for our hotel!

richmond, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I would not recommend this hotel they can not seem to do more then one transaction the food is horrible which is not a buffet style had to wait in line for twenty minutes just to receive scramble eggs and bacon the house keeping staff manager Emilia is so rude and disrespectful that she needs to be retrained in ethics and common courtesy and Claudia the front desk attendant hasnt have a clue of what she is doing held 165 dollars for incidentals when it was supposed to be 50 wow will not recommend u get better service from super 8

Dear Valued Guest:

I appreciate your constructive feedback. I would like to apologize for the issue's which came up during your stay. I have communicated your concerns with our Management team. I understand that you were fully compensated for your entire stay as well dinner for two. I have tried reaching out to you via phone and email. If you are still intersted in discussing your past stay, feel free to reach out to me at 703-464-4430. Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies.

Herndon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We found this hotel to be a great place to stay in Northern Virginia. Accommodations were great and the staff was very helpful and friendly. Definitely a place I would stay again when in Northern Virginia.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

lkuglitsch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

I would personally like to "Thank you" for the great feeback and awesome 5 Star review! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotels amenities! We hope to see you back soon!

Once again, thank you for the amazing review and rating!

Luis Kuglistch