“one mistake” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
A TripAdvisor Member
“one mistake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Good stay, and room was good minus the urine stain and pubic hair on the toilet rim. Easy enough to clean off, just did not like the fact that I was the one to find it. I will stay at other Embassy Suites and perhaps even this one again. Other than the less that perfect cleaning the room and stay were pretty good.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

lkuglitsch, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear valued guest:

I would personally like to apologize for the cleanliness of your suite as this is not how our suites cleaned. I am very apologetic for this issue as we take this very seriously and will make sure it does not reoccur. We thank you for the honest review and would like to make your stay with us right. I can be reached at 703-464-4430 to further discuss this issue with your guest suite.

Once again, thank you for honest feedback.

Yours Truly,

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and I are in the Foreign Service, and the Embassy Suites Dulles Airport has become our preferred hotel when we fly in from abroad and before we fly out to go back overseas. Our choice was further solidified the last time we stayed at the hotel in early 2014. The staff allowed us to check out a bit late (3 pm), which was perfect because we had a 6 pm flight. This allowed us to get additional rest before starting our 26-hour journey back to Africa. The hotel also shuttled us to the nearby Chuck E. Cheese’s on the morning of the 4th so that our 3 small kids could have a bit more fun and burn off some excess energy before the flight.

Our highest praise goes to the gentleman who oversees the pool (I didn’t catch his name). That night/day we were practically the only guests in the hotel, and he was exceptionally attentive to our children. Our kids even hugged him before they left, which is a nice compliment to his high level of customer service.

In conclusion, we’ll return again and again to the Embassy Suites Dulles Airport due in large part to how well we’re treated at the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear loyal guest:

We greatly appreciate your phenomenal feedback! I am excited to share your amazing experience with our entire team! It's always nice to hear when a guest like yourself has a great experience with the entire hotel staff as well as with the amenities that come along with Embassy Suites!

Please let me know when you are back to the Dulles Corridor and I will make sure that our team rolls the red carpet out for you. Once again, thank you for your feedback!

Herndon, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed here New Years Eve. First the pool was closed and would not be opened during my stay. A glass of milk was left in my refrigerator. No soap in the room, one glass and the lid on the toilet did not, fit it was from a different make and size. Twenty five years I spent in the Hospitality business and this is not what I expected from Embassy Suites. P.S. no hair dryer either!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued guest:

We greatly appreciate your honest feedback! I am very disappointed to hear that we failed to make your stay, especially New Year's Eve special. This is very unlikely of our hotel and I personally would like to apologize to you for the lack of attention to your suite. I will make sure to share your feedback with my housekeeping team.

I would like to make things right with you as I know you are a valued guest to us and our Embassy Suites is your Home Away From Home! I can be reached at 703-464-4430.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This hotel is top shelf in terms of quality, location, and overall experience. We enjoyed the two geese in the atrium/lobby fountain as well as the overall experience. I would stay here again. It was among the nicest facilities in this price range that I have experienced.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear valued guest:

I would personally like to "THANK YOU" for the amazing feedback! I am happy to hear that we were able to make your stay so great! Our Royal Swans George and Martha are quite a nice Point of Distinction for our hotel and it’s nice to hear that you enjoyed their company.

We hope to have you stay with us again soon! Once again, thank you for the recommendation and the great feedback.

Healdsburg, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed for 3 nights due to inclement weather. The suites are very clean and nice; the staff were all very helpful and very friendly. They have a happy hour each evening with includes cheese, crackers, nibble and free domestic drinks. A hot breakfast is complimentary each day. Lovely indoor heated pool and hot tub.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear guest,

WE LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! We are happy to hear that we were able to make your stay a great one. I am glad that you enjoyed both Complimentary breakfast and our Evening Manager's reception during your visit!

We hope to see you again soon! Thank you for staying at our Embassy Suites Dulles!!!

Tucson
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed here one night on business travel. The room was laid out like a typical Embassy Suites, (2 rooms) with all the standard amenities. My room felt dark and it looked like it was updated a few years ago. There was no alarm clock at my bedside, not a huge deal for me because I use my phone as an alarm. Their business center is pretty bleak. There was only one printer cable and you had to swap the USB cord to the printer that you were using. This hotel is just fine for short stays, breakfast was very good.

Dear valued guest,

We really appreciate your honest feedback regarding your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that we fell short on a few items during your stay. The suites were all renovated in the beginning quarter of 2013. I'm sorry to hear that the suite had a dark look to it, however that is most likely due to the darker colors that our in room furniture has. During your next visit, I would love to provide you an upgrade to one of our Bigger corner suites on a higher floor which will allow additional sunlight into your suite.

We will look into our business center for additional opportunities to make a more enjoyable experience for our guest to use.

Once again, we greatly appreciate your feedback and hope that you will return! When you happen to visit the Dulles Corridor, please reach out to me at 703-464-4430 and I will make sure to roll out the red carpet for you.

GM

Been to Embassy Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!