“The Lobby-Atrium” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago suberb Wilmette, United States
“The Lobby-Atrium”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Arrangement of rooms around multistory atrium with a pond and geese was beautiful and went well with the lovely suite of living room, bedroom and bathroom, and pleasantness of the staff. And, best of all, and in keeping with the 200 word minimum for this review, the price absolutely amazed me. To think that you could stay in such a beautiful place for less than $90 is remarkable and can be found almost nowhere else.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

elsa j, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate it. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.

You are very important to us. Our goal is to make the Embassy Suites Dulles your "home away from home" whenever you are in the area.

Kindly let me know if I can assist with anything before or during your next visit to the area.

408 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

You have to imagine me arriving late Sunday getting ready for a work week in Herndon.
The hotel is arranged such that all of the rooms face a central atrium where at midnight there was a party going on where the participants yells were echoing off of the atrium and directly into my head. So I decided to go to bed and try to avoid the noise. There was an air vent over the bed that was banging. I turned on the light and looked at a vent that the prior inmates had bent out of shape badly; presumably trying to get it to shut up. In the morning, I almost fell in the baby shower/tub as it was quite slick. On my way out I asked the front desk if they would address both issues. That evening, no bath mat and a 'engineer' had wadded up the notepaper from the desk and shoved it into the vent to try to get it to stop. It didn't work. The next day Luis was standing by the elevator so I mentioned these items to him. He was SHOCKED I tell you, SHOCKED that I had a less than elevated experience. It was a lot of selling me crap and telling me that I should love it. I transferred to the Marriott Courtyard in Herndon / Reston and had a much better stay. My singular expectation of a hotel when I'm working is that they succeed in making business travel less of a pain. On this singular measure, Embassy Suites fails.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
elsa j, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your stay at the Embassy Suites Dulles Airport. Your feed back is very important to us and it will help us improve. We are truly sorry to learn that our service delivery fell below our usual standard during your visit.

Please accept my sincere apology. We will continue to work hard to earn your business and to regain your trust. We know that you have many hotel options in the local area and we will never take your business for granted. You are very important to us.

Yours in Hospitality,

Summerville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stay experience is average, but HHonors members will want more consistency with other facilities that lead this franchise. Hot tub is in disrepair and extremely noisy, probably surpassing OSHA-type requirements. Evening Manager's Reception gets stale after the second or third evening given repetitious menu. Found previous occupant's clothing under the furniture...lack of attention to detail evident amongst staff.

Yours in Hospitality,

Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Recently stayed at the Hotel for a second time. Previously visited two years ago. The Hotel has since been renovated and has new furniture, carpets and décor. We were given an early check-in at 08:00 which we appreciated after spending 18 hours on an overnight international flight. Thank you!

Breakfast is good and recommended. Conference venue was nice for our group of about 50 people and service in the conference venue was good.

Manager's reception hour in the evenings is a bonus and appreciated! Will definitely stay here again when on business in the area.

Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Free shuttle service to the Airport!

A good experience!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

My first visit. Impressed by the staffs courtesy and offers to assist me. They displayed true professionalism. My room was clean and relaxing. Housekeepers displayed courtesy. Rooms were comfortable, I felt like I was being spoiled. But I loved it.

Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Been here twice in the past few weeks and its a good hotel
Rooms are clean, the hotel looks good, breakfast is great and included.
For business in Reston, it was a great location, coming in via Dulles having to go to Reston for business was a quick hop on and hop off I267.
A very convenient location.
Probably too far if you have business in DC, but for Reston, Herndon or even Tysons Corner this is still a good spot.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
elsa j, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, September 28, 2013

Have a lovely weekend!

Athens, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stay here from time to time on business travel. The hotel is clean and I feel very safe there. I like the cook to order breakfast and the fact that you can eat dinner there if you choose to stay in for the evening. The location is great if you like to get out and walk.

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate it..

Have a lovely weekend!

Elsa

Been to Embassy Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!