“Best Hotel Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Best Hotel Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We arrived around the area around noon and called to see if we could check-in earlier (usual check-in is 3pm). At my surprise, I was told that I could check-in earlier and that they would waive they early check-in fee!! Once we arrived, we were greeted with a smile and check-in only took a matter of minutes. I'd say about 3 minutes max. Once we got the room key, we looked over and saw two huge, beautiful swans swimming in the indoor ponds; amazing! While walking over to the elevator, we stopped at the complimentary water station which was infused with fruit; tasteful. We got to the room and what I first noticed was that the living room TV was missing. LOL, crazy, right? I let that slide so that I could test out their customer service once I check-out. More of that later. There was flat screen in the main bedroom. We left for my daughter's soccer game and came back around 6pm were we saw that they had an evening reception (Apparently all Embassy suites offer this) where they served hors d'oeuvres (cheese cubes, crackers, chips and dip, popcorn) and free alcohol!! What?!? Yup, free beer and liquor but only for the selection they have out. My wife stuck with a bud light and I had Jim Beam and coke. Once we checked out the next day, I was asked how my stay was and I did mention that the living room TV was missing. They were surprised, too! I was offered their sincerest apologies and they were going to comp some money back but I paid in advance (I did the pay in advance with no cancellation deal) so they deposited extra reward points into my account and 1 day later, I received an email saying how sorry they were and that they did give me the points. Now that's customer service! All in all, even though a TV was missing, I would still rate this hotel very, very high and will definitely return again! I already told my friends about my stay since they come up to the area often, and they said they will be seeing Embassy Suites very soon. -Nacian

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

elsa j, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate it..

You are very important to us. Our goal is to make the Embassy Suites Dulles your "home away from home" whenever you are in the area.

Kindly let me know if I can assist with anything before or during your next visit to the area.

Elsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Torrance, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Everything at this hotel is very good to excellent. The free breakfast is the best I have ever had. My only complaint was the fact we had to pay for WiFi. On this trip we stayed in five different hotels and four provided free WiFi. When you pay this much for the room at least include this service.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

elsa j, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, September 3, 2013

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

The cook to order breakfast at Embassy Suites is the best. This hotel was the perfect place for our recent visit to DC. Close to Dulles airport and the Air and Space Museum. Our kids loved the swans. Great place for families. Will definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

elsa j, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, August 29, 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Our room had ants and bugs crawling all over the carpet in the room. It was soooo disgusting. Also, the pool was freezing cold and the jacuzzi was not working... I am VERY dissapointed in this hotel. Also the staff is very rude talking to each other in spanish about the situation thinking we dont speak the language... little did they know we know Spanish, Portuguese and English.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
elsa j, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your stay at the Embassy Suites Dulles Airport. Your feedback will help us improve. We are sorry to learn that our service delivery fell below our usual standard during your visit. Please accept my sincere apology. We will continue to work hard to earn your business and to regain your trust. We know that you have many hotel options in the local area and we will never take your business for granted. You are very important to us.

Yours in Hospitality,

West Palm Beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Lobby, conference room, bar & restaurant were absolutely freezing. Attended a conference here. Room was great, food was great, staff was great but the inability to adjust the AC made stay unbearable. All attendees were wearing everything they brought being it was August! Staff did bring space heaters into room which we all huddled around for warmth. Why no one could adjust the indoor temp was never really clarified. They finally got conference room to a nice temp but lobby & bar area remained ridiculously cold.

• Stayed August 2013

Yours in Hospitality,

Santa Ana, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We used this hotel for a one-night stay after arriving very late from Dulles airport. Be aware that their shuttle doesn't run past 11:00p. We arrived around 2:00am and rented a car, luckily. The room looked like it was recently renovated because it was modern looking but the counter tops in the bathroom and wet bar looked dated and a little out of place, but everything was nice. Breakfast was what one would expect from an Embassy Suites. It was interesting to see swans in the atrium pond.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
elsa j, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate it.

cerritos, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The staff were all helpful and friendly. Good location for rest and relaxation, near restaurants and a movie theater. The breakfast was the best! the exercise room was clean. Highly recommended !! we stay there and took a bus into DC to be away from all the activities in DC.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

elsa j, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate it.

Elsa

Been to Embassy Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!