“Overnite stay while visiting family.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park, Stay and Fly
Ranked #2 of 20 hotels in Herndon
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
“Overnite stay while visiting family.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We always choose Embassy Suites when we travel. This hotel met all our expectations
as our suite was very clean and looked as if it had recently been updated. We
had all the towels, glasses, and other shampoo, lotion, etc that we needed.
The breakfast was very good as the hotel was very busy in the morning, and
we did not have any problems with the food and service.

Room Tip: Very convenient to Dulles Airport and to other attractions such as the air and space museum at Dull...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
elsa j, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate it.

You are very important to us. Our goal is to make the Embassy Suites Dulles your "home away from home" whenever you are in the area.

Kindly let me know if I can assist with anything before or during your next visit to the area.

334 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Alamo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I travel frequently for business and my stay at your hotel was one of the worst in recent memory. The following are items that were unacceptable.
1. We were contacted before our stay telling us that our confirmed reservation was not valid and the hotel was full. That was very unprofessional.
2. Basic items were not stocked in the hotel room, like towels and glasses. Each day when the room was cleaned, our towels and glasses were removed and not replaced. We had to request them from the front desk, and it took hours for them to be delivered.
3. We stopped eating in the hotel after I heard rodent sounds coming from the ceiling on top of the men's room on the first floor.
4. Your bar ran out of glasses and was not using proper glasses for serving drinks. I had to request a clean glass, because all of the glasses behind the bar were "stained" but looked dirty.
5. The hotel was very noisy and the front desk did not control the many guests that were in the hotel. At one point, I was nearly hit by food from a food fight that broke out near the bar.
6. The service elevator and back halls are very dirty and reflect poor maintenance and cleanliness.

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your stay at the Embassy Suites Dulles Airport.

Your feedback will help us improve. We are sorry to learn that our service delivery fell below our usual standard during your visit. Please accept my sincere apology. We will continue to work hard to earn your business and to regain your trust. We know that you have many hotel options in the local area and we will never take your business for granted. You are very important to us.

Yours in Hospitality,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

My flight was canceled and the airline booked me at the Hilton. After waiting for the shuttle for 20 minutes, The embassy suites van pulled up and told me I could use my voucher with them so I jumped aboard. I was traveling alone with a very tired 2 year old at 11pm. The driver helped grab all my bags then told me to head on in when we arrived to get a jump on the line and he brought everything to us in line and checked my carseat in the back room. A frustrating airline failure was almost forgotten by the great service, big room and delicious breakfast! We always choose embassy suites when we can and glad we got to stay again.

• Stayed June 2012

Walnut Creek, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

horrible experience, will never come back to this hotel. Poor service, including difficulty with reservations (someone tried to cancel my reservation 4 days prior to arrival!). There were no towels (despite repeated calls)- I actually had to grab towels from house keeping bin myself, and tripped over food trays that were left outside my door for 5 hours. The noise was phenomenal- teenagers screaming outside our door at 1 am, despite repeated phone call to front desk. A member of our party noticed rats in the walls. I observed a hotel staff member (male, in a black concierge-like suit) entering 5 room sequentially with the same key. He'd open door, walk in, then leave after 2 mins- a SERIOUS invasion of privacy! Inhospitable, irritable and unhelpful front desk staff. I've stayed in at least 10 different Embassy Suites hotels- and have never experienced anything like this. It was the most unprofessionally run business I've ever had the misfortune to come across. Ways to improve? Start acting like a "Hilton- approved" hotel by treating guests with the dignity, hospitality, cleanliness and honesty that any paying consumer deserves. I can only imagine what fines would have been incurred if OSHA visited this facility on this weekend.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Yours in Hospitality,

Herndon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was very happy with this hotel. There are beautiful swans in the lobby area. The rooms are spacious. There is also a complimentary cooked to order breakfast in the morning that was just wonderful. We went for my daughter's 9th b-day w/ a couple of my kid's friends and I think it was a wonderful experience and a fair price.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Georgetown, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

As usual, Embassy provides the best of all hotel worlds; the combination of private hotel room, and the perfectly proportioned mini-suite! The hotel is beautifully updated with restful colors, and always the best toiletries and service. Our suite was perfect in every way, and clean as every Embassy suite I have ever been in always is!

There is an indoor pool in the lobby with a bridge, and two beautiful swans (named "George" and "Martha"....as in George and Martha Washington, if my memory serves me correctly).
Clever! :-)

They have an awesome free breakfast buffet in the morning along with everything you can think of in the way of breakfast food, including an omelet bar where you can get a made-to-order omelet made by the most efficient cook I have ever seen. Her memory for what everyone wants is absolutely astounding. The lady needs a raise!

In the evening there is a reception with beverages, both soft and hard, and hors d'oeuvres to get you through to dinner.

Every person I met who worked there was friendly and helpful. What more could I ask for... good service, restful sleep, beautiful facilities, and friendly people! I'll be back, if I get up this way again.

Room Tip: We had room 610. It was a beautiful room in a great location. We only had one wall that adjoined a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Lelagegia, Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words. we greatly appreciate it.

We are happy to served you and sincerely hope to welcome you back to the property very soon!

Kind regards,

Lela
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Recently spent the weekend at this hotel with my family. Being a frequent traveler and hhonors member, I hold high expectations for Hilton properties. This property boasts more than helpful staff and their service levels are impeccable. The hotel itself is clean and seems recently updated. Two of the problems we ran into were: Weekend breakfasts at Embassy Suite properties should be staffed adequately for breakfast preparation (the grill) and restocking the "pantry"; this property was not. The other snag was this hotel does not have laundry facilities on site for guests, although the sell laundry detergent in their sundries area. Other than those little snags, I would recommend this hotel for family travel or a short business trip.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback. It was our pleasure serving you!

We will address your concerns about the breakfast with our food and service department to make sure that in the future our breakfast is staffed adequately. In addition, we will share your feedback with our wonderful associates!

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon and serving you again!

Kind regards,
Lela

Been to Embassy Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!