“nice hotel but paying for internet???” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13341 Woodland Park Road, Herndon, VA 20171   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Middletown, United States
“nice hotel but paying for internet???”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel was very nice, quiet, clean rooms. I was staying for a conference and brought my laptop as in the evening hours that is how the conference members communicate. The hotel charges $10 per day to use internet in your room! Ridiculous when you're spending $140+ per night.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Jeffrey O, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for your feedback. We thank you for rating our property "four stars." Our goal is to earn the fifth star during your next visit! We value your business and we will work hard to earn it. We completely understand your point about the charge for internet service.

You are very important to us. Our goal is to make the Embassy Suites Dulles your "home away from home" whenever you are in the area.

Kindly let me know if I can assist with anything before or during your next visit to the area. Again, thanks for the feedback.

Wells, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My stay at this Embassy Suites Hotel was very enjoyable. Although the Fitness Center did not have an exercycle (a personal preference) I did use the available equipment which was fully operational and clean. The complimentary breakfast was prepared to order and was delicious. The room accomodations were well layed out and comfortable. I recommend this hotel without reservation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for your feedback. You are very kind! We are thrilled to know that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I only stayed for one night, but would definitely go back again. The room was clean and comfortable, and the lobby was amazing. I really enjoyed seeing the swans.

The only negative was the food for the manager's reception. Only pretzels, cheese and carrots.

Dear Valued Guest:

We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay. I am delighted to know that your stay was comfortable.

Have a great week!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The hotel was sufficient and the people were great and helpful, but the facilities are really run down and in need of an update to bring it up to the Embassy Suites standard. Location wise it is perfect for getting to and from Dulles, plenty of good restaurants around the area, in particular Thai food, yum.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad to know that you liked our property overall. Please note that the property has recently been renovated. It is the nicest property in the local area! We ask that you come back and visit again the next time you are in the area.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Great value near Washington Dulles airport. Only complaint is the elevators shake while you are riding, a bit unnerving when you are stopping in the 5th floor. Like other Embassy Suites, the cooked to order breakfast meets the mark but I will admit mild surprise at the lesser quality at the Manager's Reception, nothing to write home about.

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for your feedback. You are very kind! We are pleased to know that you liked our property.

PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I am writing this review from the hotel lobby... Last night the a/c broke down. They never called to let the guest know. We figure it out because we were sweating inside the room. The brought us 2 fans. I assume this a/c is been broken for a while because they were prepared to bring us the fans.
This morning we got an Internet bill (already applied to the credit card). We had our devices "on" but we were not supposed to be charged due to the Hilton honor membership. Anyways they charged us and when I called they just said " yes, we know". What is that? If you know, why do you keep charging people! I guess this people charge you expecting you not to complain. To my surprise they also charged my in-laws and THEY DON'T HAVE A COMPUTER WITH THEM!
BE AWARE! They will charge everybody and if you don't check your bill, they will keep the money!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MaruStaab
Jeffrey O, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for your feedback. Please accept my apology for the issues that you cited about your stay. Here at the Embassy Suites Dulles, we take pride in the high level of service that we provide to our guests and the cleanliness of our property. I am disappointed to learn that we fell short of your expectations.

We will follow up as required to make sure that corrective action is taken.

Kindly let me know if I can assist with anything before or during your next visit.

Have a great week.

Indialantic, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I travel to the Herndon-Reston area on business every other week. No hotel in the area can match the hospitality, comfort and convenience as this Embassy Suites. All the staff, especially Jeff, Elsa and Paola, are attentive to every need and provide a sincere "welcome back" greeting on each visit

Room Tip: At times when the hotel is completely full (and especially when there may be many families with kids...