“A Comfortable and Enjoyable Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park, Stay & Go
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Wells, United States
“A Comfortable and Enjoyable Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My stay at this Embassy Suites Hotel was very enjoyable. Although the Fitness Center did not have an exercycle (a personal preference) I did use the available equipment which was fully operational and clean. The complimentary breakfast was prepared to order and was delicious. The room accomodations were well layed out and comfortable. I recommend this hotel without reservation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Jeffrey O, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for your feedback. You are very kind! We are thrilled to know that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Kindly let me know if I can assist with anything before or during your next visit to the area.

Jeffrey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I only stayed for one night, but would definitely go back again. The room was clean and comfortable, and the lobby was amazing. I really enjoyed seeing the swans.

The only negative was the food for the manager's reception. Only pretzels, cheese and carrots.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest:

We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay. I am delighted to know that your stay was comfortable.

Have a great week!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was sufficient and the people were great and helpful, but the facilities are really run down and in need of an update to bring it up to the Embassy Suites standard. Location wise it is perfect for getting to and from Dulles, plenty of good restaurants around the area, in particular Thai food, yum.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad to know that you liked our property overall. Please note that the property has recently been renovated. It is the nicest property in the local area! We ask that you come back and visit again the next time you are in the area.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Great value near Washington Dulles airport. Only complaint is the elevators shake while you are riding, a bit unnerving when you are stopping in the 5th floor. Like other Embassy Suites, the cooked to order breakfast meets the mark but I will admit mild surprise at the lesser quality at the Manager's Reception, nothing to write home about.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for your feedback. You are very kind! We are pleased to know that you liked our property.

PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I am writing this review from the hotel lobby... Last night the a/c broke down. They never called to let the guest know. We figure it out because we were sweating inside the room. The brought us 2 fans. I assume this a/c is been broken for a while because they were prepared to bring us the fans.
This morning we got an Internet bill (already applied to the credit card). We had our devices "on" but we were not supposed to be charged due to the Hilton honor membership. Anyways they charged us and when I called they just said " yes, we know". What is that? If you know, why do you keep charging people! I guess this people charge you expecting you not to complain. To my surprise they also charged my in-laws and THEY DON'T HAVE A COMPUTER WITH THEM!
BE AWARE! They will charge everybody and if you don't check your bill, they will keep the money!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jeffrey O, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for your feedback. Please accept my apology for the issues that you cited about your stay. Here at the Embassy Suites Dulles, we take pride in the high level of service that we provide to our guests and the cleanliness of our property. I am disappointed to learn that we fell short of your expectations.

We will follow up as required to make sure that corrective action is taken.

Kindly let me know if I can assist with anything before or during your next visit.

Have a great week.

Indialantic, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I travel to the Herndon-Reston area on business every other week. No hotel in the area can match the hospitality, comfort and convenience as this Embassy Suites. All the staff, especially Jeff, Elsa and Paola, are attentive to every need and provide a sincere "welcome back" greeting on each visit

Room Tip: At times when the hotel is completely full (and especially when there may be many families with kids...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback. You are very kind!

We are always glad to have you back! You are one of our favorite guests. You are very important to us. Our goal is to make the Embassy Suites Dulles your "home away from home" whenever you are in the area.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My family recently stayed here for 4 nights over the Easter holiday. We chose this hotel and location based on space and price and I believe we got what we paid for. It's about a half hour outside of Washington as long as you don't get stuck in traffic.

Room has a separate living area with a pull out sofa, chair, desk, flat screen tv, mini fridge and sink. Bathroom was of decent size. There was one king bed in the bedroom with another flat screen tv, desk and closet. We would have preferred a two bedroom suite or at least two beds but this is all they had left and there was more than enough room to spread out.

Our room location was right by the elevator but didn't hear a peep from the hallways.

The free hot breakfast was decent for most people's diets. There was made to order eggs and omelettes as well as bacon, sausage, hash browns, toast, bagels, english muffins, danishes, oatmeal, cut up melon and pineapple, bananas, apples. We eat a plant based diet so for us it was limiting. Even the oatmeal had milk in it. The employees here were lovely.

The pool was small but fun. Lots of kids in it everyday. Lifeguard texted on his phone most of the time. Even my children noticed and pointed it out. Fitness centre was basic but decent enough.

The cons:

1. Housekeeping was sloppy and very basic even with a decent daily tip. Basically they make your bed, take your towels and wash your glasses. No wiping down of surfaces or vacuuming. Didn't replace toilet paper one time. The first night there were no bath towels and I didn't realize it until I was going to take a shower the next morning. The second and third night we had to call down to the front desk to say that although housekeeping came, they did not replace the towels. We were told they would be up later after they were washed!

2. There were never enough utensils at breakfast. Even though we were often the first to arrive at opening in the morning there were never any knives (the first day) or forks (the second day). When we asked for cutlery they told us they would bring some out soon as they were being washed. Not acceptable to open a restaurant in the morning with no clean forks or knives. Many people very frustrated.

3. What's with the two poor swans swimming back and forth in a very tiny indoor pool (puddle) of water in the lobby for the guests amusement? Cruel, disturbing and unacceptable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest:

We appreciate your feedback. Please accept my apology for the issues that you cited about your stay. Here at the Embassy Suites Dulles, we take pride in the high level of service that we provide to our guests and the cleanliness of our property. I am disappointed to learn that we fell short of your expectations.

We will follow up as required to make sure that corrective action is taken.

Have a great week.

Jeffrey

Been to Embassy Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!