“Typical Embassy Suites, you know what to expect!” 4 of 5 stars

Park, Stay and Fly
Ranked #2 of 20 hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersGold level
Smithtown, New York
“Typical Embassy Suites, you know what to expect!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I had a to take a quick business trip to Herndon, Virginia, and I chose the Embassy Suites Dulles.

Location:
Very easy to find and convenient to my office I was visiting in Herndon.

Check In:
Staff was incredibly friendly and found my reservation immediately. Within two minutes, I had my room key and was on my way up to the room via the glass elevator that looks over the typical Embassy Suites atrium.

Happy Hour:
Sadly, I checked in after happy hour was over, but the fact that Embassy Suites does this is a huge plus!

Room:
The room was spacious and clean. As is typical with Embassy Suites, there is a living area when you first walk in and a bedroom in the back. I had asked for a King Suite, but was give a room with two double beds. Since I was alone, this wasn't a big deal. Living area was very comfortable and there was a large flat screen TV in the living area as well as one in the bedroom. Very nice work desk and wet bar area.

WIFI:
This is my biggest pet peeves with hotels. THROW IN THE FREE WIFI!!! Embassy Suites, sadly, charges for WIFI. That to me is a full 1 star reduction, otherwise, this would have been a flawless stay.

Quietness:
There was a moment in the night where I could hear a baby crying in one of the adjacent rooms. However, this just reminded me of home. Babies cry. It didn't last long. Besides that, it was a very quiet stay, which I appreciated.

Breakfast:
Embassy Suites is famous for it breakfast setup in the atrium. Fresh eggs, toast, juice, coffee....everything you need to get your day started.

Swans:
Yes, swans....this Embassy Suites has two resident swans that live in the pond in the atrium. Nice touch, Embassy Suites!

Overall impression:
This was a very nice experience at the hotel. The only thing that left me with a bad taste in my mouth is the charging for WIFI. In this day and age, hotels should include it just like a regular amenity. I understand that everyone is charging for convenience these days, bags on airplanes, etc, but come on hotels, it's time to give up the free wifi!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jeffrey O, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback about your recent stay. We will continue to work to improve our service delivery. We will never take your business for granted.

You are very important to us. Our goal is to make the Embassy Suites Dulles your "home away from home" whenever you are in the area.

Kindly let me know if I can assist with anything before or during your next visit to the area.

418 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Springfield, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I felt at home from the minute I walked in the door. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The person at the front desk even thought to ask if I would like a breakfast box when I mentioned I had an early flight. It wasn't as good as their hot breakfast buffet but it was better than what I would have picked up at the airport and very much appreciated. I stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms. It was clean and comfortable and the perfect place to melt into the couch after a busy week. The bed was comfortable. The shuttle was a short hop to the airport. I'll stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Jeffrey O, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, March 8, 2013

Cumberland, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I came here for business but was amazed at the relaxed atmosphere the staff always had smiles and keep your breakfast table free of dirty plates. The place was spotless and I was very impressed with the whole property. I will definately come back the next time I have business anywhere near this area.

Ridgecrest, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have stayed several times at this hotel over the past years, and I changed at the last minute from another hotel. I enjoyed my stay very much, and am glad I changed. The hotel is very nice and my experience in my room is that it has been remodeled/upgraded. I very much enjoyed my stay, and appreciate the amenities in the room; I was treated very well. I also appreciated an e-mail from the staff welcoming me. I appreciate the format of a managers reception, grill, and restaurant which offer several choices on-site. Nice job. Please pass on to your staff a job well done!

Norristown, Pennsylvania, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

The front desk service was great; I think her name was Dana. The room we ended up in was so so with the odd smell of crayons. The location is close to the Air & Space Museum. Overall it was an ok stay and we would stay again if doing the get away but not too far away weekend trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback about your recent stay. We value your business and we will never take it for granted. We will continue to work hard to earn it. My colleague, Dana, is very appreciate of your feedback.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Great rooms....very clean.....great breakfast and Manager’s Reception ..The staff were very friendly with everything and they gave great directions to getting into the city on the metro bus and the staff were very fast on picking up and dropping you off at locations, for example, the airport and the Hayes air plane museum. We will be back....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeffrey O, Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback about your recent stay.

Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We encountered reservation, front desk, houskeeping and key/room entry problems. After a long trip getting there, I did not need 45 minutes of "what happened to my reservation/confirmation" when I had a printed copy from their website. Being a Hilton Honors Member, I've never had this kind of problem at any other Hilton property. The restaurant staff was very friendly. But this survey is awful long...causing me more time than I wish to spend just to let you know how many problems we encountered during our stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jeffrey O, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Please accept my sincere apology for the issues that you experienced during your stay. I am disappointed to learn that we failed to exceed your expectations. Rest assured that we will follow up and take corrective action as needed. Your suggestions will help us improve.

You are very important to us. Our goal is to make the Embassy Suites Dulles your “home away from home” whenever you are in the area.

Have a great week.

Jeffrey

Been to Embassy Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!