“Sandy S...christian” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 20 hotels in Herndon
Cumberland, Maryland
“Sandy S...christian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Wonderful Stay. Food & accomodations were excellent. Atmosphere was very welcoming and friendly. Seeing the swans "George & Martha" was the highlight of my stay. They were well cared for...stop by and check them out when your in the area....Beautiful motel inside and out. Very quiet....

Room Tip: Very quiet no matter what floor you were on. We were on the 6th floor, but anytime I was in the lob...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jeffrey O, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback about your recent stay. We will continue to work to improve our service delivery. It was an honor to have you visit.

You are very important to us. Our goal is to make the Embassy Suites Dulles your "home away from home" whenever you are in the area.

Kindly let me know if I can assist with anything before or during your next visit to the area.

393 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I recently stayed at the Embassy Suites Dulles and was astonished at the level of service I received at both the front desk and then even while visiting the pool. The lifeguard on duty was extremely nice and very helpful - he even went as far as to suggest local restuarants and activities that would be fun for me and my family. Housekeeping even went above and beyond by providing me with extra ammenties when they saw how many were in my family. The swans in the lobby - Martha and George - added excitement to my stay.

I would definatetly go back and recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Dulles area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Stephen C, Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Carment B-thanks so much for taking the time to write about your stay at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport. We pride ourselves on delivering great customer service and are appreciative when its recognized.

Hope you have the chance to visit us again soon

ps. Martha and George say hi!
Richmond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Me and my two kids check in and the first thing they noticed was the swans. What a great hotel..The room was clean and very modern. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It was one of the most relaxing weekends I have had to date. I slept so well, it was overall a great weekend. The staff is beyond helpful, very kind and hospitable. I love the fact that they have two room suites, especially when you travel with kids...

The food was great... the even reception had a great selection of finger foods and breakfast was very good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have stayed here several times and it is always the best. They have a manager's reception with FREE drinks and snack foods every night plus a cook to order breakfast with anything you could want. Right near Dulles and plenty of shops and restaurants.. Anywhere I go and there is an Embassy Suites I will always choose to stay there!

• Stayed January 2013
Stephen C, Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Virgo217: Thanks so much for the "awesome" review for Embassy Suites Dulles Airport. We are glad you enjoyed the free cooked to ordere breakfast and the Manager's reception with free drinks and snacks.

Hope to see you back with us in the near future. Happy New Year.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

There were 4 of us that checked into this hotel yesterday for a 2 night stay. We were given room 223 and upon getting situated we noticed that they had the following:
3 Bath towels for 4 people
1 Hand towel
0 washcloths
1 bar of soap for the 4 of us
A bathtub that looked filthy black ( I think from use not not being cleaned.
No coffee pot.
Well we called the front desk and they were very nice and immediately sent up a coffee pot. About 30 minutes later we got towels. So the service was acceptable.
Then we noticed that the cabinet door was totally off and that the mirror on the bedroom closet was cracked. Oh well.
About 2 hours later we found there was no blanket for the sofa bed so we called and they sent up a blanket that was very thin.
I must continue by saying that the cocktail hour was great and the help help was very accommodating. I'd give them a 4 out of 5 for trying.
Our grand daughter complained this morning that she was cold so they have now brought up a comforter for tonight.
When we got back from the Air & Space museum we went to our room and guess what. We had 3 bath towels for 4 people, 0 wash cloths and 1 hand towel and 1 bar of soap... Can't understand what kind of place the management is running here.
Help is wonderful, service is good but facilities are rotten. This can only be a management problem.
To top it off, in my email this morning is a letter from the manager of this place asking me to let him know about problems. He should know about these without me having to tell him.
Can't say that I'm in a real hurry to come back here. The Hilton group should be ashamed of this property. We always stay at Hilton properties and I'll rte this one as a 4 on a scale of 1-10.
BEWARE OF THIS FACILITY
Art Schultz
Atlanta, GA

Room Tip: Don't stay here until they get their act together
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback about your recent stay. I am disappointed to learn that we fell short of your expectations. Please accept my sincere apology.

Your feedback will allow us to improve our service delivery. We hope that you will give us another try the next time you are in the area.

Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

On par for Embassy Suites. Managers reception and breakfast are their main attributes although breakfast is served too late for many travellers (did not affect us this time). I didn't see any evidence for the previously poor reviews about customer service. The staff were generally super, in our 3 day stay we encountered only one who didn't seem to be enjoying herself - she wan't rude, she just didn't seem "happy". Check in was the fastest I have recently encountered. Motel is conveniently located and there is a variety of eateries right next door. Our shuttle to Dulles was quick and, actually enjoyable. I wish I would have remembered our drivers name - great guy though. Our room was comfortable but the hide a bed was broke. Maintenance said it was fixed for our second night but, it was obviously more broken than they thought. The younger couple in our group wound up using just the mattress and sleeping on the floor which, they said was better than the bars on the hide a bed frame torturing the rib cage. Houskeeping did a great job with our room despite the fact that we pretty well "moved in" for 3 days. Hotel is quite pricey for my taste and for what we paid, we should have had a two bedroom suite - no hide a bed. In-room movies @ $17.00 a pop are a rip off. Overall though, if you like this style of hotel and take advantage of the reception and breakfast, it greatly increases the value for the dollar.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport. We pride ourselves on delivering great customer service and are appreciative when it is recognized.

Have a great week!

Findlay, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was my second time at this hotel. I took my wife a two children to DC on vacation. We stayed there for five nights. I selected this hotel because of its location and price. The staff was friendly and very helpful during our entire stay. The room/suite was clean and spacious with two TV's and a refrigerator. The bed was very comfortable and quiet. I requested extra pillows and towels, that were brought to the room within minutes. Breakfast was excellent and so was the evening receptions. Overall a great place! I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Have a great week!

GM

Been to Embassy Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!