“up and down.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Georgetown, Kentucky
“up and down.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My initial reaction was fairly negative when it took nearly an hour for the hotel shuttle (quaint tradition from the past, hotels providing transportation for their guests---- really apprecitated it) after I called. It's possible the driver was on another call, but I kind of think it didn't get communicated to him quickly. He was there within minutes after my second call.

Check in was smooth and simple. The front desk was cordial and added my honors number to my reservation. I asked for the down bedding to be replaced, which the desk clerk assured would be done soon.

Eventually, replacement pillows (5) were brought. 3 of the 5 were feather pillows. So, I put them out in the hall and kept the two. There was quite a bit of clutter on my floor from room service trays and a sack of trash from a wedding. It was gone by morning, but was there all evening. Kind of think this should have been done more quickly.

Special kudos to the cook in the restaurant. I had not eaten all day due to being in the air and no time between flights. Though the restaurant was officially closed, she fixed a hot lunch for me late in the afternoon. The 1/2 pound burger was cooked to order and everything was hot and well prepared. I'm usually pretty reluctant to eat in hotel restaurants as I don't feel I get what I paid for.

The manager's reception in the afternoon and the morning breakfast offerings were fantastic.

The suite was comfortable and spacious, though not the most up to date and trendy colors of deep browns and grays. No problem there.

All in all, the pluses out weigh the minuses. I'd probably stay here again for business.

And, there are a couple of neat swans in the fountain in the middle of the attrium. Very photogenic and posed for the camera. I think they might be used to that.

Room Tip: Most rooms face into an open atrium of this 5 story property and have an outside window as well.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear ranger505, thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive and subjective account of your recent stay at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport. Without objective feedback from our guests we cannot hope to improve in an effective manner.

Very happy the positive outweighed the negative and that you concluded you would return to us.

We look forward to it.

Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I live minutes from this hotel and usually have my family stay here when they come to visit me. This is your typical Embassy Suites with the great breakfast and Happy Hour/Manager's Reception.

The hotel has a nice touch by having 2 swans located in the little pond area within the atrium so the kids visiting usually have a good time with that.

The location for this hotel is great as long as you aren't expecting to see Washington DC from your hotel room window. You are right off of the toll road which easily brings you to Dulles Airport or if you go East then it takes you towards the beltway and Washington DC. There is a shopping center right across the street within walking distance with a couple of late night bars (Breakers, Ned Devines) and if you need a 24 hour grocery store there is a Harris Teeter about a half mile up the road.

I have never had a problem with the service here and continue to have my family stay here whenever they visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Matt C., we appreciate that you recommend Embassy Suites Dulles Airport to your family and friends who are coming to visit from out of town. Thanks for the 4 Stars and we look forward to seeing more friends and family in the future.
Richmond
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

A really bad experience - I could have moved rooms but was too lazy to move. Room 428 had a terrible odor that could not be solved by spraying aresol room freshner. I was offered another room a couple of times, but by the time I got back to the room in the afternoon, the coverup aresol spray hid the odor. By bedtime, the odor was back. Breakfast and drinks were fine, but if I ever stay here again, I will avoid room 428. I was afraid to look under the bed - who knows what was there.

Room Tip: Just avoid room 428! Others in my group had no complaints.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jeffrey O, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay.

You indicated that the room you stayed in did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincere apology. We take pride in the quality of our product and the level of service that we provide to our guests. We are disappointed to learn that we failed to live up to your expectations.

You are very important to us. We do not want to lose your business. We truly value your patronage.

Our goal is to make the Embassy Suites Dulles your “home away from home” whenever you are in the area. Kindly let me know if I can assist with anything before or during your next visit to the area. It would be a pleasure to have you back.

Have a lovely week.

Grover, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Fantastic staff......
Upon hearing of delayed flights, staff kept the restaraunt open late to serve several of us. Room was impeachable everyday. Assistance with local directions was flawless. Smiling greetings everytime you passed a member of the staff.

All around, a very enjoyable stay from beginning to end.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear David A, we are very happy we could accomodate you on yur recent trip to Embassy Suites Dulles Airport.. We are most proud of our "Fantastic Staff" and will pass on your comments to them.

Hope to see you again soon.
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Thank you again for all the great service your staff has shown in my last stay. This is my second time staying at this Embassy Woodland Park in the last month. I will be staying again for another 2 weeks in the next month and I will also recommend it to others within the agency and family.

Thank you, I give my last stay a 10. Thank you.

Also, your front desk Staff; Dana and Elsa (don’t remember if this is her correct name) but it is front desk manager, I believe. Your staff during the Happy hours as well give a great service.

Thank you and many blessings to you and staff., Jose

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport.
We will pass along your comments about our front desk and share with the staff.

See you upon your return!
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I absoultely loved the service at this hotrel. I arrived via the shuttle from the airport for an overnight stay. The driver was friendly and interesting to talk to on the way to the hotel. My best experience was with the front desk. I forget her name (sorry), it was Du or something like that( Vietnamese). Anyway, this was my experience. I had sopme friends who advised me they were coming out to IAD to pick up friends. I told them to meet me at the hotel and I would go out to dinner with them. When they arrived we found out the people they were meeting had a delayed flight from overseas. After dinner we tried the happy hour. The front desk not only supplied my friends with tickets for happy hour but sent up linen to make up the sofa bed so they could catch a nap before their party arrived at the airport (they arrived late and clered custonms about 1am.

The only down side was location. not a great variety of esating opportunities locally.

Thanks Embassy Suites! I hope you treat all guests with such courtesy, including those who are not diamond members.

GREAT JOB!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Jeffrey O, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback about your recent stay. We will continue to work to improve our service delivery.

You are very important to us. Our goal is to make the Embassy Suites Dulles your "home away from home" whenever you are in the area.

Have a lovely week!

GM
Palmyra, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My group of 70 people recently met at the Embassy Suites in Herndon and were thrilled with the service at the hotel. Our event planner was prompt with answers and worked with us to find the best rates. We loved the managers buffet nightly as a gathering place for our hard working group and the food was delicious. Not to mention a full cook to order breakfast daily. For the same rate as a single room elsewhere our group all had a full suite to spread out in. Throw in free shuttle service to the airport, walking distance to and you have a great meeting spot.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback about your stay. We will continue to work to improve our service delivery.

Have a lovely week!

GM

Been to Embassy Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!