“Lovely stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Panama
“Lovely stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, the front desk clerks and the driver were amazing, the hotel has a nice location and not to far from Dulles. The rooms were clean and breakfast was splendid. I will def will be coming back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Newport News, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I had to pick up a relative at Dulles Airport and decided to stay overnight rather than drive home during the Labor Day traffic. This hotel had an extremely good rate for the night. Check in was quick and easy and I noticed that they had shuttle service to the airport. The room was small but it was clean. The only downside to the room was some people have complained about the air conditioner and I have to agree. Every time the air conditioner reached the set level it would shut off and it made a loud noise when it shut down. During the night the air conditioner would cycle off and on and it seemed I woke up every time it turned off. Maybe I should have asked for another room. As I wrote the rate was very good but I did not get a good night’s sleep. I woke up early the next morning and the hotel offered a free breakfast starting at 6:00 am. They have a very nice selection of breakfast items and everything was at the proper temperature.
The hotel does not have a pool but there are a lot of nice restaurants in the area. The next time I have to stay over when I am in the area I am not sure I would stay here again because of the air conditioner noise.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
HolidayInnDulles, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Reston Herndon-Dulles Airport, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for letting me know about your recent visit. I'm glad to hear you found the room to be clean, the service good, and the shuttle and breakfast an added value.

Our maintenance staff is working to make sure the air conditioners do not make noise as they cycle on and off, but the only way to know which ones are causing a problem is when the guests tell us the room number. If you recall the room number (or let me know your name and dates of stay) we can correct the problem. Please feel free to contact me at Patrick.Foley@bfsaul.com

Thank you very much for helping us improve our service. We look forward to your next visit.

Patrick M. Foley, CHA
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Plenty of room for the bus number 1.

The room was very spacious number 2.

King sized bed, big screen TV, the Breakfast was great, with peach yogurt! I love it!

Plenty of options around if you want to grab a bite to eat.

The iron was clean and the iron board didn't wabble.

I'll be back if I can!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Super comfortable, affordable place to stay, got room at last minute. Super friendly staff, very clean room, would happily stay here again (and probably will if/when I return to area!). There are plenty of dining options nearby as well. Stayed here one night in August 2013.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were very pleased with our stay. Staff was professional, very helpful and accommodating. The room was nice and clean and it was an overall quiet atmosphere. We couldn't enjoy the breakfast, because we had to leave too early.
The shuttle driver was very professional and courteous.
We'll be back

Room Tip: Try to book about 2 weeks in advance.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
HIExpressHerndon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Reston Herndon-Dulles Airport, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your comments about your recent visit. I'm sorry you had to leave too early to take advantage of the breakfast. Our Express Start complimentary deluxe continental breakfast features hot eggs, breakfast meats, a variety of cereals, pastries and fruits, and arguably the best cinnamon roll this world has witnessed. Our staff is also happy to put aside some items for you to take with you if you are leaving before the 6am opening if you let us know the day before. We want to make sure you start the day off on the right foot.

We look forward to your next visit.

Patrick Foley
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is a very average hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The room was clean. Breakfast is your standard breakfast that you get with any HI Express. Will I stay here again when back in town on business??? That all depends on what the rates at other hotels in the area are at the time. I have found that this is the best value in area the 2 times I have been in Herndon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HIExpressHerndon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Reston Herndon-Dulles Airport, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave comments regarding your recent visit. I'm glad you found us to be the best value, not once, but twice. Our staff works hard to provide the friendly and helpful service you mentioned, and we hope to welcome you back whenever you are in the area. Safe travels!

Patrick Foley
Newville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed here to be able to take an early morning cruise to mt Vernon. About 40 min drive to the boat. Clean rooms. Very small bathroom
Good breakfast and quick.
Loved the fact that they offer bicycles - made me wish I had another night to try that out

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Express Reston Herndon-Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!