“Simply the best stay and excellent experience” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 20 hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Simply the best stay and excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I had a reservation for this hotel starting Monday - Tue of next week. My flight came in early and I was in town at 6.00 AM. With no other place to go, I gave it a shot to come to the hotel to see if they can store my luggage while I can use their lobby Restroom to freshen-up. Instead, the gentleman on the checking counter offered me a room and checked me early to use my room. He also invited me to join for the morning, hot breakfast. Later that day, when I got it, I was offered a warm welcome by people on the front desk.
I have stayed on other properties in Herndon, but the people, the service, the place and above all the feeling they provide here is unmatched.
As a result I extended my stay here for 3 more days :). All I can say is "Thank you" and carry out the great service you guys have been provided. If I can give 7*, you deserve it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

196 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Reston/Herndon (VA) the night before leaving on a 2-wk vacation. It was part of a stay 'n fly package that included a certain number of days parking along with shuttle service to Dulles airport (IAD). The staff were exceptional and we receievd excellent+ value.

The reservation was made on-line. The day before check-in I called and spoke to the front desk attendant, who was polite, cheerful and competent. It was nearly 9:00pm when we arrived. Everything was in order and the check-in process was smooth as could be. We were directed to park in a particular area so that the staff would know that the vehicle was part of the stay 'n fly pkg. We asked for a shuttle at a particular time in the morning (early). Upon arising, we went downstairs for the standard HIE buffet. Because of the early hour, we did not expect to get more than a cup of coffee and perhaps an apple. Instead the staff had put out the buffet a bit early so that we could have a better breakfast. The shuttle driver was waiting for us. He loaded all the luggage, while we had breakfast. The hotel is perhaps 10 min from Dulles. We were dropped off and again assisted with the luggage.

Upon our return, we called the hotel from the baggage claim area. By the time we got our bags and made our way outside, the shuttle was there. Our arrival was around 6:30am, so the driver suggested that we go inside the hotel and have breakfast, while he took care of the bags. We were stunned by this gesture and the added value it represented.

Our experience with HIE properties tends to be quite good. This property was exceptional. Everyone with whom we dealt went above and beyond in making our complete experience positive. If you have reason to stay at a hotel in proximity to Dulles, this property is wonderful. I know we will stay there from now on.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stay at this property when I am in the Reston,VA area on business. It is easy to access, has a decent fitness center, business center, free wifi, expanded continental breakfast and friendly staff. I also like that they offer complimentary bikes for the rail trail which is just behind the property. The only downside that I have on occasion encountered is being stuck on a floor with bus groups who come very late and leave very early making it hard to sleep. The property is normally sold out when I am there, so it is not always possible to get a quieter location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from bus groups who may be arriving late and leaving early.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Harrisonburg, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We have used the Holiday Inn Express in Herndon many times with their park and fly promotion. This is a perfect location with all the things you need and as always the best customer service that you can have!!! We have stayed several times over the past 10 years and the service is always the same. Everyone from the desk staff to the transportation people are wonderful. Will come back any time I have to fly out of Dulles.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bremerton, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Herndon-Reston while on a short vacation. I have stayed at HI Express hotels before so I wasnt really expecting too much. I was surprised. From the warm smile that greeted me at the front desk to the inviting room I walked into, I was so pleased and comfortable. The room was clean and larger than I expected. This is on Priceline as a 2 1/2 start hotel and I think that is low for this location.

I stayed in a room on the bottom floor but had no problems with noise overhead. Like most hotels, you do get some noise from the hallway but it really was not disturbing enough to bother me. The hotel had a nice breakfast in the morning.

All in all, a nice place to stay and close to the airport and I would stay again if I get back to the DC area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Reston Herndon-Dulles Airport in January 2012 and was extremely pleased with my stay as all my needs were met. My program with the University of Phoenix required a return visit December 2012. Again that stay was pleasant and the staff remembered me from January. The staff's professionalism, free WiFi, access to printer (mine malfunctioned at an inopportune time), clean room, complimentary breakfast, beverages/fruit/cookies afterward, and proximity to local merchants make this facility special. I would stay here anytime in the future I visit this area.

Room Tip: I requested the same room from my previous stay because it suited my needs via email. I received a p...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HIExpressHerndon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Reston Herndon-Dulles Airport, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Hello John D

I'm so glad you enjoyed your return visit! Our staff works hard to make our guests feel like part of the family, and it is great to welcome you back!

I hope next time you'll visit in warmer weather so you can take advantage of the complimentary bicycles to get out on the nearby trails, or just to explore Herndon and the many restaurants in the area.

Thanks for sharing your comments.

Patrick Foley General Manager
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Visiting Washington from the uk and as we were only staying for 3 nights and wouldn't be spending much time at the hotel we looked for value for money.
I had an enquiry about the shuttle bus before I arrived,Patrick the manager emailed
me to tell me the arrangements for transport from the hotel
The staff at the hotel are excellent and very helpful, one even showed me how to set up the wifi on my phone, nothing is too much trouble.the free breakfast is excellent and the hotel is quiet on a night so had no probs getting a good nights sleep.
Overall an excellent hotel and value for money

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Express Reston Herndon-Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!