“Another great trip started here!” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 20 hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Harrisonburg, VA
“Another great trip started here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We have used the Holiday Inn Express in Herndon many times with their park and fly promotion. This is a perfect location with all the things you need and as always the best customer service that you can have!!! We have stayed several times over the past 10 years and the service is always the same. Everyone from the desk staff to the transportation people are wonderful. Will come back any time I have to fly out of Dulles.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

205 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bremerton, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Herndon-Reston while on a short vacation. I have stayed at HI Express hotels before so I wasnt really expecting too much. I was surprised. From the warm smile that greeted me at the front desk to the inviting room I walked into, I was so pleased and comfortable. The room was clean and larger than I expected. This is on Priceline as a 2 1/2 start hotel and I think that is low for this location.

I stayed in a room on the bottom floor but had no problems with noise overhead. Like most hotels, you do get some noise from the hallway but it really was not disturbing enough to bother me. The hotel had a nice breakfast in the morning.

All in all, a nice place to stay and close to the airport and I would stay again if I get back to the DC area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Reston Herndon-Dulles Airport in January 2012 and was extremely pleased with my stay as all my needs were met. My program with the University of Phoenix required a return visit December 2012. Again that stay was pleasant and the staff remembered me from January. The staff's professionalism, free WiFi, access to printer (mine malfunctioned at an inopportune time), clean room, complimentary breakfast, beverages/fruit/cookies afterward, and proximity to local merchants make this facility special. I would stay here anytime in the future I visit this area.

Room Tip: I requested the same room from my previous stay because it suited my needs via email. I received a p...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HIExpressHerndon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Reston Herndon-Dulles Airport, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Hello John D

I'm so glad you enjoyed your return visit! Our staff works hard to make our guests feel like part of the family, and it is great to welcome you back!

I hope next time you'll visit in warmer weather so you can take advantage of the complimentary bicycles to get out on the nearby trails, or just to explore Herndon and the many restaurants in the area.

Thanks for sharing your comments.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Visiting Washington from the uk and as we were only staying for 3 nights and wouldn't be spending much time at the hotel we looked for value for money.
I had an enquiry about the shuttle bus before I arrived,Patrick the manager emailed
me to tell me the arrangements for transport from the hotel
The staff at the hotel are excellent and very helpful, one even showed me how to set up the wifi on my phone, nothing is too much trouble.the free breakfast is excellent and the hotel is quiet on a night so had no probs getting a good nights sleep.
Overall an excellent hotel and value for money

• Stayed December 2012
Chesterfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stay at a lot of hotels including many HIEs. This one is one of the nicer ones. The room was the typical HIE room. Had a newer flat screen.
Breakfast was good. Nice sitting area.
Staff was very friendly. Close to restaurants.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Great Place to stay, one night or for weeks. Clean, comfortable and really great staff. This hotel is in an perfect location, near lots of restaurants. Excellent value for expensive Herndon/Reston! Free continental breakfast. Decent fitness room AND LOANER Bikes, seriously bikes you can borrow to tour the area!!! Free business center/printer, free and fast internet. I stayed here for weeks at a time. I will ALWAYS stay here when I am in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HIExpressHerndon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Reston Herndon-Dulles Airport, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Hello Jim C,

Thank you so much for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us! Our staff works hard to make sure we deliver a great value, and exceptional service.

The free loaner bicycles are very popular with our guests who don't want to stop their fitness routine while on the road. If there was a particular member of the staff who went out of their way to make your stay a success I'd love to hear from you (my direct email is patrick.foley@bfsaul.com). We use feedback like yours for recognizing superior service, performance evaluations, and our Employee of the Quarter.

Thank you for sharing your comments. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

In Hospitality,
glendale, ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is typical of the type of hotel you would find 25 or 30 years ago. The hotel's age is apparent in its drab decor, old furnishings and somewhat small room size. It compares poorly with the typical well designed and well equipped hotels that have become available in the last 10 years or so.

I should say, however, that things worked OK in my Room 231--that is, there were no malfunctions or broken items. The free WiFi worked fine, and the free breakfast was OK, offering sausage, omelets, sweet rolls and other typical items. Given this hotel's age, it might be best characterized as a budget alternative.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
HIExpressHerndon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Reston Herndon-Dulles Airport, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Hello Glendale-member,

I would like to start by thanking you for taking time to write a review of your experience, honest and frank feedback about our hotel is something we take seriously so we can strive to always improve.

I'm so sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your room. Our housekeeping and maintenance staff work hard to ensure that everything is just right for our guests. You are correct in saying room 231 is small in size, but we have tried to compensate by providing an in-room refrigerator, new flat screen television, and other amenities at no additional cost.

As is the case with most hotels, we price our rooms based on size and bed type. I wish you had told us you were disappointed so we could upgrade you to something larger. As to the decor, we follow standards set by IHG as they apply to all Holiday Inn Express hotels.

Our goal is to provide all of our guests with a clean, comfortable hotel room, where everything works. I'm sorry you did not leave with a better impression. I hope you will contact me directly at Patrick.Foley@bfsaul.com the next time you will be in this area so I can make sure you are completely satisfied.

Patrick Foley General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express Reston Herndon-Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!