“Great for overnight airport stay” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 20 hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Santa Barbara, CA
“Great for overnight airport stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed for a night in between plane flights. Called for the shuttle & it arrived at the airport exactly in the 15 minutes they'd said & at the time we'd agreed upon the next morning. Great location, with restaurants & grocery store to walk to. Pleasant room, had everything I needed. And I'd asked for a quiet location and got it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

207 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

I was in the area for training and I didn't have to get a rental car even though my training was almost 5 miles away. Some food options right across the street were convenient but the staff was willing to drive me to the many nice restaurants in the area if I wanted. Nice welcoming snack and bottled water for being a priority club member. Was just a great experience overall.

• Stayed May 2012
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I have stayed here twice (October 2011 and May 2012), and they have always been great to me. The front desk staff is extremely friendly and will go out of their way to help you. I had an issue with my Priority Club (I had been enrolled twice and didn't know which number was correct), and the clerk researched the issue and combined my points while I was at breakfast. The rooms were very clean both times. The beds were comfortable, too. It is in a very convenient area, and the town is very nice. The rates are always reasonable. Although it is not inside the city, I would much rather stay at this hotel and take the Metro. I will definitely be staying in this hotel again. I would not consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

My husband and I had business to conduct two weekends in a row and chose this hotel as our resting ground. The staff when checking in/out was fanstastic and friendly! There is a continental breakfast offered in the mornings, with a Safeway grocery store next door for Starbucks and late night snacks. Elden Street is quiet so there is a flair of "small town" USA going on here!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

I stayed from 5/6/2012 through 5/9/2012 at this location. The staff was very friendly and accommodating my needs for a small group meeting for three days in breakfast facility. The free shuttle transportation from airport to hotel is definitely a cost saver. Manager provided transportation to airport when regular driver was not available. The overall stay with breakfast, workout facility, clean room, convenient location, and several good restaurants nearby was great for my business stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Grantsville, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I've never stayed at a hotel that provided the best service than any hotel that I have stayed in. The staff was very friendly and very, very helpful. They went out of there way to accomadate us, even to the point of dropping us off at the theater and picking us up after the movie. Great stay and wonderful staff. Tiffany and Heather at the counter were and the hotel manager even drover us to the bus station. Also a very good breakfast. The room was very clean and comfortable

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
John C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Reston Herndon-Dulles Airport, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Dear Jack56999,

We are glad to hear that you had such a great stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate that you took the time to share it with us too!

Heather, Tiffany, and the entire team here at the hotel really takes pride in providing truly excellent service for our guests. We know that providing our guests needs is what truly makes the difference in a great stay. We are more than happy when our guests are able to take advantage of our local and airport shuttle service and our team’s knowledge of the area to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

We are looking forward to the next time you come to the area and we can serve you again.

John Connors
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel 4/20/12 to 4/22/12. We were picked up promptly from the airport by the hotel's shuttle. Upon arrival (early) our room was ready, and we were told about the hotel and the area. The hotel serves breakfast every morning. IT was easy to get into DC from here. The hotel shuttle took us to a park and ride bus transfer where we were able to catch and express bus ($6) that dropped us off at L'enfante plaza which is only 3 blocks off of the mall and the Smithsonian. Not a fancy hotel, but very good for the travel we were doing, not in the room a lot.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Reston Herndon-Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!