“Great value and service.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Mountain Lakes, New Jersey
“Great value and service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a week in a two bedroom suite. We had three adults and one teenager and having essentially a two bedroom/two bathroom apartment made the stay very comfortable. While the room rate was higher than some of the nearby hotels, I feel like we received more than that in the extra value provided.

The daily breakfast had good food quality and variety, while the late afternoon snacks were nice as well. The full kitchen and nearby grocery store allowed us to eat many meals in the room. The wireless Internet was included and I even used the washer and dryer in the main building to get a load of laundry done before we headed to another town for the remainder of our trip. We even took advantage of the guest passes for a nearby Gold's Gym.

You are only a short drive from a mall and about 25 miles to Washington D.C. You can drive 10 miles to a park & ride and take the Orange Metro in to NYC. The are tons of historic sites to visit in addition to DC.

When we checked out we had no additional charges other than the room rate. That is why I felt it was such a great value.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Waynesboro, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We have stayed at Residence inn's before but this was a step up. They have thought of everything and you can tell. It was nice to find things that they had in the room to make it easy for you. Small things like paper towels, dish cloth and wine opener etc. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! We will return again!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hagerstown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this location for our 3 yr wedding anniversary. Upon arriving the room was very clean and spacious. We decided to go to the pool and whirlpool area....the pool looked very clean until we go into it. The whirlpool was dirty and did not work either. The next night we were going to use the grills by the pool area and I was told by the front desk person that the grills were not working due to a gas line problem. So after all of that we decided to cut our stay short by one day and leave early. I went to the front desk to let them know we were leaving early and the lady at the desk in a rude tone told me I was not getting any money back.....I contacted the company and after several emails I received one from Chris the manager there. He was very apologetic and told me about the problems they were having with the lifeguards and the gas lines for the grills....he did refund one of our nights (the night we did not stay) and gave us 10,000 reward points.....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Merrifield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights waiting for our corporate apartment to be ready. I was very pleased with our room! It was a big studio apartment and had everything we needed to be comfortable. The grounds were easy to walk around with perfect for our dog. They have a lot of amenities and services to help make your stay pleasant. I would have been fine staying here longer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Reykjavik, Iceland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Me and my wife stayed at this Residence Inn for a week in November 2011. We liked the style of this hotel, it is like a little village with a nice garden and pool area (the pool is closed during winter time). I'll bet it is great to stay there during summer time on a vacation, having a quality time with the kids in the garden.
I would recommend staying on the first floor and for families with children I would recommend a room facing the garden and the pool, at least during summer. There is not an elevator in the two story buildings so you have to carry your bags up the stairs to the second floor if your room is there.
The breakfast was very good, the staff was helpful and the rooms are very good, spacious and nice and clean with full kitchen and a good TV area. There are bigger rooms (apartments) than we stayed in. There is a shopping center across the street with Kmart but that Kmart was just bad, chaotic, not clean (at least when we stayed there). There is a nice big Target store in the area that is just great, we did a lot of our shopping there. Residence Inn at Herndon Reston is a perfect hotel for longer stays and great for families and couples.

Room Tip: First floor facing the pool area is better if you are traveling with children.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 7 months while our house was build... This hotel was great for us! Pet friendly, VERY friendly with our dog! Never had any problem with anything or anybody.... The location it's great! Very close to Reston Town Center, to W&OD trail, supermarket and restaurants! The gym membership it's a plus!
They always have coffee and cookies available anytime everyday! My dog loved to go to the front desk and play with the staff before her treat.
We highly recommend this place! V

• Stayed May 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This hotel is styled into separate buildings sort of like condos. It is somewhat spread out from the office, with sidewalks connecting all the buildings. Very family and pet friendly, with a nice vibe. The rooms have a full kitchen, and would be very comfortable for a multiweek stay. The staff is friendly. Everything was clean and in good repair. The rooms are like an efficiency apartment with plenty of space. I would definitely come here again.

Room Tip: I would get a second story room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Herndon Reston? Share your experiences!