“We enjoyed our stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 20 hotels in Herndon
Merrifield, Virginia
“We enjoyed our stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights waiting for our corporate apartment to be ready. I was very pleased with our room! It was a big studio apartment and had everything we needed to be comfortable. The grounds were easy to walk around with perfect for our dog. They have a lot of amenities and services to help make your stay pleasant. I would have been fine staying here longer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reykjavik, Iceland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Me and my wife stayed at this Residence Inn for a week in November 2011. We liked the style of this hotel, it is like a little village with a nice garden and pool area (the pool is closed during winter time). I'll bet it is great to stay there during summer time on a vacation, having a quality time with the kids in the garden.
I would recommend staying on the first floor and for families with children I would recommend a room facing the garden and the pool, at least during summer. There is not an elevator in the two story buildings so you have to carry your bags up the stairs to the second floor if your room is there.
The breakfast was very good, the staff was helpful and the rooms are very good, spacious and nice and clean with full kitchen and a good TV area. There are bigger rooms (apartments) than we stayed in. There is a shopping center across the street with Kmart but that Kmart was just bad, chaotic, not clean (at least when we stayed there). There is a nice big Target store in the area that is just great, we did a lot of our shopping there. Residence Inn at Herndon Reston is a perfect hotel for longer stays and great for families and couples.

Room Tip: First floor facing the pool area is better if you are traveling with children.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 7 months while our house was build... This hotel was great for us! Pet friendly, VERY friendly with our dog! Never had any problem with anything or anybody.... The location it's great! Very close to Reston Town Center, to W&OD trail, supermarket and restaurants! The gym membership it's a plus!
They always have coffee and cookies available anytime everyday! My dog loved to go to the front desk and play with the staff before her treat.
We highly recommend this place! V

• Stayed May 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This hotel is styled into separate buildings sort of like condos. It is somewhat spread out from the office, with sidewalks connecting all the buildings. Very family and pet friendly, with a nice vibe. The rooms have a full kitchen, and would be very comfortable for a multiweek stay. The staff is friendly. Everything was clean and in good repair. The rooms are like an efficiency apartment with plenty of space. I would definitely come here again.

Room Tip: I would get a second story room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Reston, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This property consists of multiple buildings. The one I stayed in was 2-story, so U have to walk upstairs rather than an elevator which could be a drawback if U have lots of luggage. The rooms and bathroom are upgraded with modern finishes. The common area carpets and paint could use some modernization. Very comfortable mattress, TV on a swivel. Set-up like a living room or mini apartment home i.e. sofa, chair, full size stove and kitchen. I booked through a 3rd party provided, but was charged twice. When I notified the hotel they did credit the charge back. All in all I would recommend it over some higher rated properties, especially for the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Full time business traveler: The Residence Inn in Herndon is an apartment style hotel. Individual buildings each with 2 floors, 4 units per floor, access to each unit through a small hallway, and each unit has a sliding glass door for outside air (if you are on the first floor you can walk directly to the outside....a big plus). From the outside the grounds are kept nice and the buildings are kept well. The hallway is ok though a bit dated feel to it. Inside the room it is roomy and, again, it is like a like a small apartment (Bathroom, kitchen, living room). The furnishings are in fairly good shape though a bit dated and some of the fixtures and trim were most definitely wearing. I had an issue with a 'running' toilet that sometime required the time honored 'jiggling' of the handle to get it to stop, however, that can happen at any hotel (I did not call the front desk about it, I didn;t see it as a big deal). Where I had my biggest concern is housekeeping. There just is no way to be nice about it, it was subpar. Maybe that was just my unfortunate luck and otherwise, and for other guests, it was/has been good. For me it was not and it kept it from getting an additional rating point.
I like the layout of the hotel. The apartment feel and openness to it was great for my 4 days and I can see that being a REAL plus for someone needing long term accommodations. However, for me housekeeping is a deal breaker.

Room Tip: Opt for a first floor if you want direct access to the outside through your sliding glass door
Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Chanhassen, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

A townhome style Residence Inn with 8 apartments per 2 story building. Rooms seemed more updated than the buildings suggest. Lots of space, with full kitchen. Room is one large space, not with a separate room for couch and tv.
Staff does a very good job. Room was clean with no problems at all.

Green ranking: mixed. They had recycle cans, which is not common. They still replaced the towel when I hung it and then put the hang tag that explained their towel re-use policy right on the towel. Old habits are hard to break I guess.

It was quiet while I was there. They apparently allow dogs, but I heard and saw none.

Free breakfast was standard fare for Marriotts, which is just fine. Hot food, juices, cereals, etc.
They hold a free dinner on week days. Not as good as other Residence Inns in the DC area, and no beer/wine included nor available that I saw.

When staying in the area, I would stay here again. I'd rank it as average against other Residence Inns, but ranking it very good against all hotels everywhere I've stayed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Herndon Reston? Share your experiences!