“Clean rooms, good price, convenient location” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Breakfast & Wi-Fi
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
“Clean rooms, good price, convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I usually stay at this hotel when I'm in the area. Clean rooms. Looks like there was a recent update to the room since I was last there. Only negative feedback I would add is the noise level coming from the room above me. Sounded like a heard of elephants. Advise you to stay on the top floor if you can.

Stayed July 2014
Chris B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
I am so pleased that you had a wonderful stay at our hotel, please come back soon and thank you for your comment!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Sure, it's a budget hotel, but it had everything I needed - comfortable bed, hot shower and free hot breakfast. But what really made this hotel stand out is the service. There is a free shuttle to/from the Dulles airport, and the shuttle also took me to my Learning Tree training course ~2 miles away (and picked me up after dinner; just a quick phone call and it was on its way!).
The staff was exceptionally friendly. They all trade jobs from front desk to shuttle driver, so I got to know 4 of them pretty well. They could provide suggestions on what to do in the area, restaurants to eat at, how to get where, etc. The staff really made my stay enjoyable. I would love to come back to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
West Point, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I have stayed at every level of Marriott in cities around the world and as a Lifetime Platinum member I have a few - not unreasonable - expectations. When visiting the area on business (about once every six weeks) I usually stay at the Courtyard down the street. Tried this just to check it out. I should have stayed away. No wastebasket in the bathroom, no hair dryer, called the front desk multiple times with no answer, no shampoo, and no bill in the morning. I tracked down the front desk person and listed my issues. He had an answer for everything and was clear that it certainly wasn't his fault. He offered me some points and I replied that I would rather have a properly prepared room and a capable staff. No reply. No enthusiasm. Obviously not concerned.

Room Tip: Don't bother. But if you must, try to get a room away from the lobby.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Sabrina B, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. You indicated in your response that your stay was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. You are a valued customer and we certainly want you to have an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. Thank you again for your comments.
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed here around 13 years ago and loved it. Going to the soccer games at Fedex Field in June, I and nine others wanted to spend the night before heading back to Richmond. I was wondering if it would still be as nice as I remembered.
I was pleasantly surprised to find the hotel as wonderful as before. Everything appears to be new. The room was perfect, new tiled bath, fresh white and turquoise linens with lime green and peach accent pillows. Great new carpeting. The lobby was the same, new and bright and clean. The rooms are huge, and the kitchen/desk area is open and spacious. My husband and three children fit in the room easily. The beds were very comfortable, and the sleeper couch is located at quite a distance from the two doubles if someone wants more privacy.

At check in,the desk clerk was very kind and polite, helping us locate great places to eat. There are many fine restaurants within a few minutes drive, and many stores. We tried O'Sullivans Irish pub and loved it. Near by was the Ice House Cafe which was closing but it looked elegant.

The cost is very reasonable, surprisingly reasonable. I love hotels, and my friend and her family are quite particular about where they stay. No complaints. Am I a fan of this hotel? YES!

I strongly recommend this hotel and cannot imagine anyone not liking it. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Southport
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

We have visited this hotel several times over the years. But this facility is getting stale. The staff is very friendly, the rates are reasonable, but the carpets are worn and dirty around the edges, the ice machine on 3rd is very noisy, and the oily elevator door cleaner smells. This place needs an update to keep pace with the many newer hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Presently, the 3rd floor is nosy. This hotel is well located away from high traffic roads, so most r...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Sabrina B, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Aubreyrich,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience was unsatisfactory. We are continuing to make upgrades to our property and there are many to follow before this year is over. We know that you will be pleased with many of the upcoming changes and we certainly hope to serve you again in the future. Thank you for staying with us and again, for the feedback.
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stay in at least 2 different hotel every week and I keep coming back here. The staff is so welcoming and helpful. Rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. The hotel has a shuttle that will take you to the town center, airport or anywhere near by and they are so accommodating. Only drawback I have found is that the towels aren't very fluffy - trivial I know. I also really enjoy the breakfast, one of the few hotels i have found that always have Greek yogurt. They also have apples and Chupa Chup lollipops out all day, and cookies out every evening. Its my home away from home. Jeff the manager is great, as are Alex & Ridvan.

Room Tip: I always stay on the top floor so as not to hear people above me
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
PENNSYLVANIA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We are visiting with family. Hotel in very modern. Rooms are very large. With fridge and microwave. Kids loved the pool which has an attendant and is open till 10. Breakfast is wonderful but crowded. Lots of parking. Innumerable restaurants of every type nearby. Beds are comfy. Bath is tight with cheap shower head. We are very pleased.

Stayed April 2014

Been to SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston? Share your experiences!