“Excellent value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 20 hotels in Herndon
Succasunna, New Jersey
“Excellent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

My family stopped here twice. We have three teenage children and were able to sleep in one room with two double beds and a sleeper sofa. The room was under $100 and included a full breakfast, albeit breakfast acccomodations were a little tight and we had to wait to grab a table. Unbeatable value! Clean rooms. Nice decor and amenities. During our second stay, our room was near the lobby and very noisy. Close to DC.

• Stayed July 2013

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
rochester NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed here for one night at a very good rate when our flight was delayed out of Dulles. The rooms are the big plus - roomy, clean, very comfortable beds, spacious seating area and all seemed recently remodeled. The negatives are that the front desk staff was not very friendly at check-in (did you know you cannot get Marriott points unless you book from Marriott directly - she was sure to sternly remind me of that but is this true???). I tried to call down to the front desk several times and my calls went unanswered. The lobby is not remodeled and slightly outdated. Plus it smells badly of chlorine because of the pool. We could hear the people upstairs walking around. Overall, a decent place for a one night stay but I would not return otherwise. We left bright and early to catch a flight and the morning front desk staff was much nicer. I grabbed a hard boiled egg from the breakfast (which looked pretty good otherwise) on my way out and had to spit it out in the cad because it tasted of chemicals.....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for my DC trip. No complains at all and was as per my expectations. Very well priced that includes breakfast buffet with good selection of food. Room is spacious with a microwave and small referigator. I had booked two rooms and they gave me both rooms next to each other and front desk was helpful and courteous. This hotel is now with marriott but do not expect like original Marriott quality/level.

The one thing that I would like to share was the guests in fact not hotel. There was chaos during breakfast hours for food. I saw people taking packs/stacks of food to their room and then coming back to have breakfast in kitchen area. That caused shortage of some food for other people. I thought that lots of people stayed their because they provide good complimentary breakfast. Kitchen staff quickly re-filled the food items.

Room Tip: Please go and have breakfast to avoid blind race for food.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Deep River, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My sister and I traveled to VA for a horse show and stayed here. The front desk people were very helpful and even gave us directions to the equine center. They also have shuttle service which my sister used several times. The staff were wonderful and the rooms were clean and nicely decorated. My only complaint would be that the towels were thin and scratchy, but there were plenty of them. They have an indoor pool which we were not able to use and they also have a hot breakfast everyday (scrambled eggs and sausage) as well as cereals, pastries, waffles and yogurt. They do not have a restaurant, though. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room because my sister is disabled and it was surprisingly quiet as well as con...
Gatton, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is a really nice motel. Nice, big rooms. Love the photos hanging in the rooms. If you have a car, it's easy enough to drive into Washington or to Vienna to catch the train if need be. Breakfast is okay, nothing special but not horrible either. For $69 a night it's still close enough to DC to not be paying ridiculous prices to be there. I would stay again if I was in the area.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I spent two nights in this hotel. Nice hotel, comfortable for the most part. Close to Reston city center. Breakfast is average, but rooms are specious. I wasn't too trilled with the cleanliness of the sheets, but they changed them with no question asked. Would come back when in the area.

Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I spent the night at this hotel to run from the in expectancy of my life. This hotel was clean and very comfortable for the most part. Now for the bad side. I was able to hear the people walking over my head. So I say that to say that maybe the floors are thin, lack of carpet. I am not exactly sure. The windows must be thin as well because the humming birds woke me up early in the morning. The location is great near to malls and specialty stores.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the upper level so you don't have to hear the people walking over your head.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston? Share your experiences!