“Needs some updates” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 20 hotels in Herndon
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Needs some updates”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This hotel was average as far as SpringHill Suites go. It was clean and the bed was comfortable. It is not a new Springhill Suites and it shows. The night I stayed it was windy and the window in my room was broken and continued to bang all night long. The shuttle service is a very nice feature.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Fiskeville, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed in a king room with king pull-out couch. The bed was OK. Not the best I've ever slept in, and didn't necessarily have a good night's rest. The breakfast buffet served in the morning was decent. All the basics including a waffle maker, eggs, oatmeal, breads/muffins/bagels, coffee and beverages.

The only complaints about the room was that when I arrived, there was a HUGE, nasty bug in the shower. It looked kind of like a cricket, but it wasn't. Similar to a comment another reviewer made, the hot water from the sink took forever to come on. Also, when going through the hotel's in-room booklet, the comment card provided had been filled out by a guest that had stayed in that room over 2 weeks ago. That says to me they aren't actually paying attention to those cards. I left it out after the first night hoping room service would take it, but they folded it back up and put it back into the guide!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lindon, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Very clean rooms with a wet bar-type setup with sink, microwave and mini-fridge. Huge sofa sleeper in our king size bed room. No separation between the sleeping area and office area as in a few of the other suite hotels, but we weren't there on business so that didn't matter. Complimentary breakfast is pretty standard with breads, oatmeal, waffle maker, etc. The scrambled eggs were cold, but they get an A for the attempt. Certainly enough food to get you going in the morning. My only complaint is the hot water in the bathroom sink took forever to show up. Luckily the hot water worked fine in the shower. Great value for the price. Several restaurants nearby, but this is not a walkable neighborhood. Plan to drive everywhere. Pool isn't really big enough to swim laps, but they have a respectable exercise room with sturdy treadmills.

Room Tip: We were given the option of which floor, so we asked for anything not on the first floor. We were gi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed just one night for business in Tyson's Corner, and this hotel was convenient, clean, and well priced. The room was large and comfortable, and the breakfast was very good. If you have a car, it's an excellent alternative to staying closer in to Tyson's, and much more reasonable. We will use this hotel on future business trips to Northern Virginia.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This is a mostly no-frills facility. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, the service is good, and the staff treated me with respect and attention. The free shuttle to nearby locations is convenient and timely.

No, there's no restaurant here. Sadly, the towels aren't all that soft and comfy. I've stayed here a couple of times, and would certainly stay again. It is what it is, and I've stayed in far worse.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is the second year in a row that we have stayed at SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston for 5 days around our Thanksgiving holiday with our family in Reston. We love the place! We had a large, clean, well-equipped room and a fantastic, delicious hot breakfast each morning. The room has a microwave, a refrigerator, a coffeemaker, and a small kitchen sink. There is a sofa bed too (but we didn't use it). We were on the fourth floor, and it was very quiet, though the hotel appeared to be full. Convenient to walk along the W& OD trail into Reston and Herndon, and great access to restaurants and shops, This hotel is a real price-performer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

The hotel pictures are nice on the Internet but experiencing in person is totally different. I did a prepayment in October but got charged again once I checked in. Also they charged me an extra $40 for the weekend. Alex fixed it that Saturday morning after speaking with my bank but I was still charged after I left. I called & spoke with Jeff but he was not pleasant at all. & to think he was the manager. He hung up on me & when I called back a lady answered & said I wanted someone higher than Jeff & she said she couldn't help but put me on hold. Seemed like forever but once she came back she transferred me to the GM. I'm still waiting to hear back from him. My room had several spider webs. While getting dressed early Saturday morning my daughter seen a big spider & was terrified!! I killed it but housekeeping shouldn't just be to make beds & empty trash cans. Our sink for the bathroom didn't have any hot water. So to clean the germs of our hands after using to bathroom we had to use the kitchenette sink. The breakfast was terrible. The juice machine didn't have any juice. Well I'm sorry it did but they needed to refill it because it was only giving watered down juice. The eggs were horrible. They looked FAKE & microwaveable. The sausage wasn't fresh. The experience was the worst I've ever experienced with any hotel. My daughter dance team picked here to stay for there dance convention. But I already spoke to the owner of the team to make sure we will never give our money to this hotel again. Customer service is everything to me because I'm in management & Jeff really upset me by hanging up.

• Stayed November 2012
Sabrina B, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
We are certainly thankful and we value feedback from each of our guests regarding their experience during their visits. We always take concerns seriously and strive to make improvements.

It is pleasing to know many guests highlight our online pictures as being indicative of our newly renovated property. We are also delighted to know that our location is preferred. The close proximity to the Reston Town Center, Dulles International Airport, and other businesses tend to position us as a favorite by many guests.

We encourage our guests to provide credit cards to establish credit at check-in because authorizing debit cards creates a credit hold on your personal funds by your bank for up to 10 business days. Upon departure, if a credit hold issue occurs with your funds due to the use of your debit card, we are more than happy to assist our guests and work diligently with your bank to ensure funds are released as soon as possible. We realize that if such instances occur, it can be frustrating and for that we empathize. Also, we are happy to know that Alex was helpful in addressing debit card balance concerns.

We also have a routine insect-pest elimination service in place to eliminate any mutual concerns. In addition, our Housekeeper’s have consistently been rated in the top tier of guest satisfaction surveys.

Finally, thanks for providing specific feedback about our breakfast. We recently implemented a pilot breakfast program. With your feedback considered, we can better move to a breakfast program standard that fits your needs.

We pride ourselves on having superb customer service from all associates and management. As indicated, current guest satisfaction scores display results above and beyond the norm in this area. Also, we service large groups monthly and they say we provide excellent service essential to the success of their event.

Again, we value your feedback and care about your opinion. We will continue to consider your thoughts and we will continue to make operational improvements. Consequently, we look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Been to SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston? Share your experiences!