“Excellent Location!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
New Carrollton, Maryland
“Excellent Location!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed overnight for his birthday and I was pleasantly surprised!! The room was amazing. Queen sized bed, kitchenette with everything you could possibly need, make sure you check the microwave because there is a hidden bag of popcorn inside. When we checked in they asked floor preference and advised us that they were on the honor system, there was free coffee and tea and a small convience store area in which after making your selections, you paid at the front desk. There was also a lending area where you could sign out games, larger appliances like crock pots, vacuum cleaner etc, they also had a selection of dvd movies in which you could check out. They had a nice display of restaurant menus in the area which was quite helpful in making our meal selection, and they were mostly located right down the street, so the convenience is amazing. The only problem we had was around 8:30 am housekeeping attempted to come into our room even though we had our magnet stating we were sleeping on the door, luckily we had the security lock in place. We loved that they had a late check out 12 noon and we will definitely be coming back for another stay!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
MichaelSandercock, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisonburg, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Ronnette,

Thank you so much for choosing the Candlewood Suites to spend your husband's specail birthday evening with us. We sincerely appreciate the wonderful review and hope you will continue to stay with us and other Candlewood Suites when you travel. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Michael D. Sandercock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Shreveport, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Stayed one night on my way through town on vacation. My wife and I were both happy with this hotel. There is a seperate bedroom, nice size kitchen area, large living room and pretty large bathroom. There is a TV in both the bedroom and the living room. If I were staying in Harrisonburg a few days, this would definately be the place I would stay. The kitchen had pots, pans, glasses, silver ware and more in the pantry for our use. We ate at a mexican restaurant right on the corner - nothing great - but not bad either. For the money we spent, we received good value - I have recieved a lot less during my travels. Only negative - smoking and non smoking were on the same floor. They were separated by a glass door, but you could smell the smoke in the hallway at times. that is my only complaint. The rooms were clean, the area was safe, and it was right off of the 81 freeway. Good hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
MichaelSandercock, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisonburg, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your visit to Harrisonburg and for recommending Candlewood Suites to future travelers. Your comments and business is truly appreciated and we do hope to see you soon!

Smithfield, Va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for nearly 3 months while working a new job. Though housekeeping was an issue at first. Tanya was on employee that you could count on. When my wife and kids visit she treated them just as wonderful. She was great and tended to my every need. She is without a doubt the reason I would rate this hotel an excellent place to stay. A consummate professional. Should I have an opening with my company she would be one I would want on my team. Thank you Tanya and Candlewood Suites

Room Tip: Ask for Tanya. Rooms on three floor non-smoking are NICE.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
MichaelSandercock, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisonburg, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Jen,

Thank you so much for making Candlewood Suites Harrisonburg your home for the past 3 months and for the great review! Tanya is a fabulous part of our property and I will make sure she knows about your kind comments about her. We truly value your business and look forward to making your home away from home very soon.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The staff were wonderful. Tanya was at the front desk when we arrived and verified our room request. She was so warm and welcoming. Tanya went on to explain all the amenities that the hotel offered. There was no charge for use of the washers and dryers (you only had to have detergent, was available for a nominal price). Small electrics for the kitchen could be borrowed, they also had dvds available to lend. The room was equipped with a dvd/vcr combination. The room was spotless, and had a refrigerator, 2 ring stove, microwave (they even provided a bag of popcorn) dishwasher (provided detergent), sink, kitchen essentials i.e. plates, cups, glasses, paper towels, etc. A dishrag and dishcloth was also provided. There was a toaster in the room. It was just a great place for a great price. Room was close to everything, but tucked slightly out of the way of the busy area. I would certainly stay here again and plan to look for their Suites on our next adventure. I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
MichaelSandercock, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisonburg, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review from your recent trip to Harrisonburg. We sincerely appreciate the kind words about Tanya and that you would recommend our property to future visitors. I do hope to see you soon!

Locust Grove, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Clean, well accommodated and great staff!
Tanya was a great help with our stay. I made a mistake in our reservations and she was able to fix it for us.
Did not have spoons in the room but was provided them at the front desk.
Having a full kitchen/fridge made the stay much more enjoyable!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
MichaelSandercock, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisonburg, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing the Candlewood Suites during your travels to the Shenandoah Valley and for the great review! I will definitely pass along the wonderful comments about Tanya to her. We truly appreciate your business and your recommendation to future travelers to Harrisonburg.

Hagerstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Most impressive was the front desk staff especially Tanya! And that is not saying how clean the hotel was. Room was spacious even with a full kitchen there. One of the best places I have ever stayed and would definitely recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Stayed right next to the front desk, lobby and it was still very quiet!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I found this Candlewood Suites on line when I was preparing for an extended stay in the area for a project that I was working on. When I arrived I was very impressed with the appearance of the hotel and even more so with my one bedroom suite. It really felt like home to me and having a full kitchen was a real plus. When I am in the area again, I will surely stay at this location. I would also like to give honorable mention to Chris and Tanya who took excellent care of my needs at the front desk and made my stay there even more pleasurable. I would also like to thank Ken, the operations manager for helping me after I left to locate some items that I had left behind.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
MichaelSandercock, Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisonburg, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Mr. Hirsh,

Thank you so much for choosing Candlewood Suites Harrisonburgyour second home for the last three months. I will make sure Chris, Tanya and Ken know about the wonderful words you posted about them. We do hope to see you the next time your in town.

Michael D. Sandercock

Been to Candlewood Suites Harrisonburg? Share your experiences!